Sprites Reskin the Bunny Hood

Should the Bunny Hood be reskinned?

• Yes, but the reskin should have a different style than Terraria's bunnies or Starbound.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patches

Terrarian
The bunny hood currently in the game contrasts with the cute simple bunnies in the world, and I think it would look a lot better if it were reskinned.
Bunny_Hood_%28equipped%29.png
Bunny.png

I was playing Starbound recently and their take on the item is exactly the look I was wishing Terraria's had.
Bunny_Mask.png

I think this would be a lot more appealing to players, even if it is made an alternate item, maybe as a new drop from goodie bags with or without a complementing body set.
Obviously the sprite would need to be different for Terraria, but I think Starbound's example is a good idea of what I mean.
What do you all think?

EDIT:
Here's my own take on a possible replacement or new item.
bunny_hood_terraria.png

Last edited:
How does it contrasts? What is cute about skinning a bunnies' face and wearing it as a trophy? Can someone more experienced in bunny slaying please explain this to me?

It's a video game
You are slayed bunnies to get your hood. Remember the 100's of bunnies ruthlessly, unwillingly infected and slain to get your "cute" hood. The bunny hood currently in-game is creepy and unsettling which is fitting for the type of character who would willingly murder bunnies.

You are slayed bunnies to get your hood. Remember the 100's of bunnies ruthlessly, unwillingly infected and slain to get your "cute" hood. The bunny hood currently in-game is creepy and unsettling which is fitting for the type of character who would willingly murder bunnies.
Oh boy I'm sorry for playing video games and being mean to virtual characters. This is clearly the biggest atrocity in human history.

Oh boy I'm sorry for playing video games and being mean to virtual characters. This is clearly the biggest atrocity in human history.

No need to be snarky. I was just pointing out that a cutesy-like character probably would be the kind of individual to go around killing bunnies while it fits a psycho character really well with it's current sprite. If a cute variation was added it should probably involve the party girl in some way...

No need to be snarky. I was just pointing out that a cutesy-like character probably would be the kind of individual to go around killing bunnies while it fits a psycho character really well with it's current sprite. If a cute variation was added it should probably involve the party girl in some way...
Yeah that seems good. A goodie bag drop would also work.

I think it should actually be a good that covers a bit of the character’s head but also leaves the face visible. It would look so much better and not like the Butcher enemy from the solar eclipse

I personally like your sprite better than the original Terraria one. I've always disliked the look of the Bunny Hood for the same reasons you do. I think this would be a very good change.

I think it should actually be a good that covers a bit of the character’s head but also leaves the face visible. It would look so much better and not like the Butcher enemy from the solar eclipse
Yeah that'd be neat, kind of like Finn's hat?
[doublepost=1533992282,1533992258][/doublepost]
I personally like your sprite better than the original Terraria one. I've always disliked the look of the Bunny Hood for the same reasons you do. I think this would be a very good change.
Thanks! I'm glad you do. :)

Does it need a resprite? It's a treasure from an old time, not an important item that has to stay up to date with all others.
It looks weird, like it's supposed to, no need to change every sprite that isn't perfect.

Back
Top Bottom