Mobile Rest/Farm Station

NeoPhantom

Skeletron Prime
58ch4.png

So I got the idea from the adventure map of Legend of Zelda: Two Worlds (great map by the way, play it on the PC version with this link http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...venture-the-legend-of-zelda-two-worlds.14670/ )

In that adventure map, rest stations were placed all around in order to facilitate the players recovery and return to his place of death. I kind of liked the idea and decided to try building one on my jungle farm which was quite some way from spawn.

The above image, if its visible, has a glass building complete with: spawning bed, grandfather clock (in order to know if you can summon bosses), heart lantern, campfire, heart statue, honey pit, safe, piggy bank, teleporter and water candle. A pressure plate in the honey pit activates the spiky ball traps quite a bit higher off screen.

I thought to add a battery to increase the heart statues spawn rate, as well as adding multiple statues, but ultimately decided for a less complex model. For best results with the heart statue, one needs to activate each of the timers individually, 3 seconds after the last one was activated, which is the only bother I have with this format.

I'm open to ideas on how to better or upgrade this rest station which doubles as a farm station. Please remember I have the mobile version, so not all items available in the PC version are available to me.

You may post models for the PC version as well for other players to utilize.

V2
mjww1.png

This version makes it easier to activate the heart statue as well as includes a Mana Star Statue and a Magic Crystal for buff purposes. It is slightly wider than before, but the extra height of the bedroom was removed, this the overall area remains the same.

In addition, the lower entrance now has an actuatable glass wall to prevent enemies from entering the pit stop that way. (Annoying bats while remodeling the heart statue)

Station.jpg

By Plerb. Much more compact and easy to access. Does not include a lower or upper entrance, but instead entrances to the sides with doors. Unlike the above models, it does not require actuated defenses to prevent unwanted visitors and the statues have been optimized through wiring.

Left image also presents chests for the player to deposit obtained items or place potions to access when necessary.

Due to the nature of doors on mobile, only the player will be able to open them as the heart lantern and piggy bank prevent the doors from being pushed open.

Station2.jpg

By Plerb. A simplified version of the previous version without a grandfather clock or chests, good for PC and console due to the existance of WORKING informational accesories. Width has been reduced from 10 to 8 while height was reduced from 14 to 12.

Station3.jpg

By Plerb. Extended in width, but reduced height. Built in a way that allows combining with roads and sky bridges. Honey pit is at the top of the structure. Heart statue and star statue can be activated whilst walking into the house with the pressure plates that also open/close the doors or with the switches that activate timers. Lever and switch allow immediate teleportation from inside the house, into the honey pit.

Station8.jpg

By Plerb. The doors are replaced with actuatable blocks which do not prevent you from attacking with ranged weapons from the middle or melee weapons if close to the blocks. The ceiling now has lava in order to help defend against enemies. Honey can be placed in the room below.

index.php

By inomanoms. Adds the possibility to fully seal off the lava pit when out of the rest stop, while also opening it up when inside it. The actuated half blocks act as buffers to reduce speed when reaching the rest stop. A block will prevent the NPC, if chosen to have one here, from preventing access to safe and piggy bank.

Last edited:
For best results with the heart statue, one needs to activate each of the timers individually, 3 seconds after the last one was activated.

That sounds like something a 3 sec timer could fix? Or a timer cascade? I dunno much about statue cooldowns. I also don't know if timers qualify as blocks, but you try imbedding them into the walls. If the house doesn't validate with timers in the outer walls, you could always move them to the inner ones. And how about teleporting into the honey pit? Would that work?

That sounds like something a 3 sec timer could fix? Or a timer cascade? I dunno much about statue cooldowns. I also don't know if timers qualify as blocks, but you try imbedding them into the walls. If the house doesn't validate with timers in the outer walls, you could always move them to the inner ones. And how about teleporting into the honey pit? Would that work?

Each of the six slots of a statue has a 10 second cool down, so a statue will never drop more than 6 hearts every 10 seconds if its correctly wired. This version drops 2 hearts every 3 seconds.

Timers are background objects and have to be placed atop blocks. They're outside to prevent problems with wiring.

Teleporting into the honey pit is readable, but the pressure plate needs to be moved which is no big deal and relatively easy to do. But why have the teleporter inside the pit? Placing it there won't make the building smaller in terms of width, but will most likely make it larger in terms of height... Won't make much of a difference to tell the truth.

A cascade would be useful, so I'll remodel to include it later and post the modified version

Placing it there won't make the building smaller in terms of width, but will most likely make it larger in terms of height...

It won't make it bigger. You can basically use the teleporter as a floor as long as you put platforms under it (outside the house). The game will still count this as a bounding wall of a house... not that in this case any section of your spawn point other than the room with a bed is a house, but still. Using the teleporter as a floor you can teleport into the room. Even infront of background elements. Like statues and platforms and lamps and... So, yeah. It would save you space.

Is compactness even an issue here for you? Or are you going for a nice looking spawn/rest point?

(It does look nice by the way)

Last edited:
A combination of everything that may make it more useful as a pit stop, compact enough to be built anywhere, and aesthethically pleasing enough so that the playrr doesnt forget about it or be conviced to demolish it in the future.

Truthfully, its the symetry issue that concerns me most with placing the teleporter at the honey pit...

Hmmm... i just realized that both crystal ball and by extension the ammo box in the pc version should also be included in order to provide the buffs wherever they may run out without having to take them out from tge safe all the time...

If you want to hook up a heart statue to give you the max number of hearts every 10 second block of time, you can use this approach that triggers all 6 activation points 3 at a time:

mfnfXS9.jpg

When one timer is activated, a second later it will trigger the statue to release 3 hearts, and then after the next second another 3 hearts is released. This repeats every 10 seconds.

If you want it to start 1 second sooner use a switch connected to one of the timers instead of clicking on the timer, but then you'll get 1 heart immediately, 3 hearts a second later, and then 2 more hearts a second after that.

If you're fine with moving around a bit, replace the timers with pressure plates and have the player pass over them both every 10 seconds for the fastest life recovery for one heart statue.

Last edited:
If you want to hook up a heart statue to give you the max number of hearts every 10 second block of time, you can use this approach that triggers all 6 activation points 3 at a time:

mfnfXS9.jpg

When one timer is activated, a second later it will trigger the statue to release 3 hearts, and then after the next second another 3 hearts is released. This repeats every 10 seconds.

If you want it to start 1 second sooner use a switch connected to one of the timers instead of clicking on the timer, but then you'll get 1 heart immediately, 3 hearts a second later, and then 2 more hearts a second after that.

If you're fine with moving around a bit, replace the timers with pressure plates and have the player pass over them both every 10 seconds for the fastest life recovery for one heart statue.

While the pit stops above already give the maximum amount of hearts already, the wiring is much more complex than yours... I'll rewire the statues a bit to lower the complexity of the wiring to something similar.

Thanks

PS: chose not to use actuated teleporter glitch to levitate the star statue in order to keep the platform intact. Since doors open automatically in mobile, as well as manually, one tends to have a hard time going through doors if there isn't a platform or block right in front of the door... Doors only open automatically when you are horizontal to the door, not below it...

Not that I've tried this, but I'm assuming you will get all three hearts immediately if the switch is connected to all three wires colours, and in the way you describe above when connecting the switch to the rest of the mechanism with only one colour.

Also, fastest regeneration is a relative term here. If you are using this setup in an arena, and get hit by some serious damage after gobbling up all the hearts at full health, you could possibly have to wait seven seconds for any regen.

Last edited:
Not that I've tried this, but I'm assuming you will get all three hearts immediately if the switch is connected to all three wires colours, and in the way you describe above when connecting the switch to the rest of the mechanism with only one colour.

Great idea! I tried it and it worked - I got all 3 hearts immediately instead of just one, and then three more a second later.

If you are looking for something a little more compact, this is what I've been using lately.

I really like that setup alot! Even the doors close automatically when you flip the switch if I'm seeing that right!

Last edited:
I really like that setup alot! Even the doors close automatically when you flip the switch if I'm seeing that right!

No, they don't... The wires aren't touching the doors. If they were, due to the timers, they'd be constantly opening and closing...

The setup is quite ingenious though!

I wonder why the piggy bank is on the workbench instead of directly on the platform?

I'd lower the clock by one block and extend the platform from door to door, but that would drench the teleporter and safe in honey, requiring MORE honey.

No, they don't... The wires aren't touching the doors.

The wires are in the door's footprint. If you try to open the door (at least on PC, where door don't open and shut automatically), it will not be able to open to the inside because of the furniture, only toward the outside. Then, if you turn on the timers while the door is open, the door will automatically close.

In general, getting into this house is hard on PC because the player standing on one side of the door, and the furniture on the other side of the door bars the door from opening.

I wonder why the piggy bank is on the workbench instead of directly on the platform?

A workbench makes the spawn point a valid NPC housing. Not sure if that is why Plerb put it in there, but it's true.

I'd lower the clock by one block and extend the platform from door to door, but that would drench the teleporter and safe in honey, requiring MORE honey.

Personally, I was thinking to raise the piggy bank, workbench, crystal ball and safe up one on the right, just to even out the bottom border of the build. Guess it's a matter of personal preference.

I wouldn't even put a grandfather clock in the build. I mean, why put a 2x5 large piece of furniture in the cell if it's function can be dealt with a pocket watch saved to the piggy bank or safe?

(I see from the wiki that the pocket watch was removed from the mobile version of the game. Maybe they'll fix it and put it back in 1.3? :()

Last edited:
No, they don't... The wires aren't touching the doors. If they were, due to the timers, they'd be constantly opening and closing...

inomanoms is correct, the doors will close if they are left open when flipping either switch because the open door crosses the wire.

You could get rid of the doors and just use 3 platforms in their place to make entering and exiting easier and still satisfy the housing requirement.

Just to make it look level next to the heart and star statues and to satisfy the housing requirement. The bed satisfies the comfort item as well as a spawn point and the heart statue satisfies the light requirement and provides increased health regen.

You would invalidate the housing if you extended the platform from door to door. The game believes you tried to make two houses with the platform acting as the door between the two, but neither is big enough.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430398661,1430395703][/DOUBLEPOST]
Personally, I was thinking to raise the piggy bank, workbench, crystal ball and safe up one on the right, just to even out the bottom border of the build. Guess it's a matter of personal preference.

If you leave the doors open, you can run through this house from right to left. Reverse the inside for a left to right. Useful for sky bridge or subway stations. Leaving the bottom uneven is a result of that.

If it bothers you that much you can move the safe above the house (or replace a chest with it) next to the campfire and lower the bed, crystal ball, teleporter, and switch one.

If the clock doesn't matter to you since you have a watch or GPS, here is my alternative. The doors open both ways in this version and you can run through from left to right or right to left easily.
Station2.jpg

If you leave the doors open, you can run through this house from right to left. Reverse the inside for a left to right. Useful for sky bridge or subway stations.

Intelligent. I did not think of that.

Here a submission of a variant of your wonderful build tailored to my needs:

Capture.PNG

The door automatically opens and closes, even immediately gives you hearts and starts when you enter, but remains independent of (does not start) the timer. There is only one switch which is to the right of the teleporter to start the timers. This switch turns off the mechanism if you hit it when both timers are on. Obviously, you could also just click the timers themselves, which is what you would do if you went out to the upper fighting platform without having turned on the timers via the switch from inside the cell. You receive hearts and stars both inside and outside the housing. The cell validates as housing, as you can see from the merchant inside. I was contemplating rigging the teleporter to another one under the honey pit so as to have an immediate means of going outside and retreating into the house if you are losing a fight. It won't work as a sky bridge, but, you know... pros and cons.

(Or could you just extend the runway left and right from the upper platform? would that work?)

Last edited:
It won't work as a sky bridge, but, you know... pros and cons.

Just add a door on the right and you are set. I actually like this new setup more as the doors now auto open and auto close behind you when you run through and you get a heart and star. It also works left to right and right to left now.

I moved the timers up so they aren't in the honey to make them easier to see so you can turn the system off when both timers are lit. I also removed the block above the bed and made it a platform as it was preventing me from setting my spawn point due to "not enough space".

The doors will still auto close if you leave them open and click any of the four switches. I do recommend using the teleporter to leave if the doors are closed as opening one and then hitting the pressure plate causes the opposite door to open.

Station3.jpg

A workbench makes the spawn point a valid NPC housing. Not sure if that is why Plerb put it in there, but it's true.

I wouldn't even put a grandfather clock in the build. I mean, why put a 2x5 large piece of furniture in the cell if it's function can be dealt with a pocket watch saved to the piggy bank or safe?

(I see from the wiki that the pocket watch was removed from the mobile version of the game. Maybe they'll fix it and put it back in 1.3? :()

The only reason to make the room a house would be to spawn an NPC to sell stuff to or bring the nurse over. A room does not need to be a house in order for the bed to work... Personally, I dislike the NPCs getting in my way when trying to open chests... Oh, and remember mobile does NOT have a housing menu for changing NPC housings...

The watch was removed because none of the informational accessories that make the GPS have been programmed correctly with functions... You can still obtain the depth meter with bat statues, but it doesn't work either... In mobile anyways... Hence, the need for a grandfather clock.

The grandfather clock can also be useful in PC if one doesn't want to go through the trouble of taking the GPS from the safe and equipping it in order to know the time, though in 1.3, the effects of informational objects will work directly from the inventory...

Just add a door on the right and you are set. I actually like this new setup more as the doors now auto open and auto close behind you when you run through and you get a heart and star. It also works left to right and right to left now.

I moved the timers up so they aren't in the honey to make them easier to see so you can turn the system off when both timers are lit. I also removed the block above the bed and made it a platform as it was preventing me from setting my spawn point due to "not enough space".

The doors will still auto close if you leave them open and click any of the four switches. I do recommend using the teleporter to leave if the doors are closed as opening one and then hitting the pressure plate causes the opposite door to open.

Station3.jpg

Excellent design for PC!!!

You say 4 connected to the doors but... I only see the two pressure plates? The other switches aren't connected to the doors... Only the red wire is that goes from one plate to the other does...

Edit: never mind... Open doors cross the wires so they close... For the sake of presenting the build, you should have one door open and the other closed whilst wires are visible...

Last edited:
Just add a door on the right and you are set. I actually like this new setup more as the doors now auto open and auto close behind you when you run through and you get a heart and star.

Thanks! I was mulling it over at lunch and figured turning the house/spawn point into a through-way couldn't be so hard.

I also removed the block above the bed and made it a platform as it was preventing me from setting my spawn point due to "not enough space".

The 3 free blocks overhead rule. Forgot about that. Another solution is to switch the headboard of the bed to face right. That way you can keep that block for asphalt instead of sacrificing it for a platform.

I do recommend using the teleporter to leave if the doors are closed as opening one and then hitting the pressure plate causes the opposite door to open.

I find this to be a bit awkward of your design. I don't know if you missed it hidden under all the wires, but in my version there is a platform and pressure plate immediately behind the door? By having a door toggle for both doors instead of the set of doors, you will avoid your open door problem. With the right wiring, you will also get two stars and hearts out of statues instead of the one star and hearts you are currently drawing from them. (The full set of three is obviously impossible without setting off the timers)

While I think my design made some improvements on your original, the fighting platform has proved itself to be pretty of useless. For one, you need to stay on the roof to get the stars and hearts. If you don't, (say you were jumping) the stars and hearts will fall to the floor inside the house and aren't in range to be picked up from the roof anymore, preventing further star/heart spawns. Also, every time you jump, you land on the platforms needed to hold up the campfire and, well... aren't in honey anymore unless you press down after every time you jump. It's pretty annoying.

I thought about how to fix these problems, and the only solution I could think of is to move the statues to the roof and the campfire inside. If the stars and hearts the statues throw land on the roof, they can still be picked up from inside the house. And because the statues can be placed directly in the honey, there is no annoying platform. Unfortunately, what happens then, is that you sometimes miss the hearts and stars as they are being thrown up in the air from the statue if you are running through the building. Lose - lose. I think you kind of have to decide what your building (battle station? runway rest point?), otherwise it becomes a mediocre inbetween.

That said what is your opinion on this?

Capture2.PNG

You are probably wondering what the funny bumpy thingies are. They are the mechanism that ensures that the door toggles make the statues throw items only when you are entering the building. No more teleporter to the roof, though you could add one if you wanted. I also gave in to your penchant for multiple switches for turning on the timers (just kidding, I had the spare space from a need to widen the building but not the space for a single large lever switch)
[DOUBLEPOST=1430438417,1430438111][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, and remember mobile does NOT have a housing menu for changing NPC housings...

That sucks for mobile users.

That sucks for mobile users.

Trust me, you have no idea... I have to make sure that allavailable NPCs have been spawned, then create a house for one NPC, invalidate the temp house of the NPC I want in the new house and wait till he decides to switch home, which can take several in game weeks at BEST if were lucky... Worst case scenario, the wrong NPC moves in and you have to wait for the first one to leave to another house before trying to get the one you wanted....

Back
Top Bottom