tModLoader Rise of the Colossus

What do you think?

• Total voters
I have two ideas, maybe the boss could be timed, it goes away at night instead of day.

And, maybe the loot it probably drops could be in a box like wof
I don't really want to make it timed because you fight it in the underworld and you cant really tell the time from there unless you have a clock or watch, and even then you would be more focused on the fight than on the time.

This is the newest enemy, they spawn naturally in the underworld once Moon Lord is defeated and are spawned during the fight with the Sunfire Serpent

pixil-frame-0 - 2021-01-02T132645.948.png

How about there is a sort of crystal over the serpents head, and there is a phase two where it is freed from the crystal and starts using fire breath attacks.

How about there is a sort of crystal over the serpents head, and there is a phase two where it is freed from the crystal and starts using fire breath attacks.
The phase two is gonna be spawning Sunfire Snakes (mini versions of the boss) as the fight goes on. But I like the idea, maybe ill use it for another boss or enemy

Last edited:
I think I've figured out how I'm going to implement some lore into the mod. For bosses, there will be lore books that drop from them when you defeat them. There will also be a lore-keeper npc that will sell lore book with non-boss related lore. There will also be npc dialog that hints towards the story

Here's the lore I've come up with for the Sunfire Serpent, how does it sound?

"Dayblaze used to be a grand and majestic creature, intelligent and possessing the ability to speak.
However, around 200 years ago, Abyssus the shadow king asked Dayblaze if he would join his ranks and help to destroy the elder gods of light and rule over the universe.
Dayblaze declined, because as mighty as he was he had no desire to create any amount of unnecessary chaos.
Abyssus, in a fit of rage and fury, destroyed Dayblaze's mind and reduced his mental capability down to that of a simple beast.
If you had tried to challenge the serpent before this had occurred, you would have stood no chance against his might."

Also, I've patched the bug where your world will start out in hardmode.

Last edited:
Here's the lore I've come up with for the Sunfire Serpent, how does it sound?

"Dayblaze used to be a grand and majestic creature, intelligent and possessing the ability to speak.
However, around 200 years ago, Abyssus the shadow king asked Dayblaze if he would join his ranks and help to destroy the elder gods of light and rule over the universe.
Dayblaze declined, because as mighty as he was he had no desire to create any amount of unnecessary chaos.
Abyssus, in a fit of rage and fury, destroyed Dayblaze's mind and reduced his mental capability down to that of a simple beast.
If you had tried to challenge the serpent before this had occurred, you would have stood no chance against his might."

Also, I've patched the bug where your world will start out in hardmode.
double nice

I tried making my own version of the lore:
Dayblaze used to be a grand and majestic creature, intelligent and possessing the ability to speak. It spent its life guiding the sun around the world, washing benevolent light over all living beings.
At an unknown time, Abyssus the Shadow King drew the serpent to earth to join his army.
Dayblaze declined, because he was a peaceful and kind creature. Abyssus resorted to a dark magic to imprison Dayblaze at the bottom of the planet, away from the sun, as revenge. For years, he toiled away but could not succeed. Finally, he met [insert boss here] and completed his goal. Dayblaze become a bloodthirsty and burning beast.

Dayblaze used to be a grand and majestic creature, intelligent and possessing the ability to speak. It spent its life guiding the sun around the world, washing benevolent light over all living beings.
At an unknown time, Abyssus the Shadow King drew the serpent to earth to join his army.
Dayblaze declined, because he was a peaceful and kind creature. Abyssus resorted to a dark magic to imprison Dayblaze at the bottom of the planet, away from the sun, as revenge. For years, he toiled away but could not succeed. Finally, he met [insert boss here] and completed his goal. Dayblaze become a bloodthirsty and burning beast.
One thing, Abyssus sounds like Abaddon, the Source of the Affliction (Elements Awoken mod), so that could be an issue when it comes to the fact that a mod should have its own original plot, it shouldn't have a similar character to other mods.

Here are the weapon drops from the Sunfire Serpent.

pixil-frame-0 - 2021-01-02T204725.101.png

from left to right they are: Serpent's Hiss, Sunlash, and Eruption Cane.

The Serpent's Hiss is a shotgun that fires Sunfire Blazes as well as bullets
The Sunlash is like the solar eruption and inflicts Sunfire Inferno
The Eruption Cane shoots out Sunfire Blazes and Sunfire Fireballs.

I kinda like the part about him being banished away from the sun, make more sense to me. I might have to add that to the lore

I have a boss idea for something in Hardmode, and I just wanted to share it. Don’t know if you already have a ton of plans for Hardmode, or this just conflicts with lore, or this just sounds like a ton of plagiarized trash (to be honest, it is indeed very.... odd and takes other bosses and just merges them.), but here is my idea.

The Synthesia, the ever growing plant Hive mind.

So, the entire idea is that, after Golem, a Plantera bulb grew a bit too much and burst out hundreds of seeds. The seeds mostly just landed in lava pools and honey pools and other places unfit for plant growth. One of the seeds, however, landed on a giant wasp thing. The seed burst open in vines that pierced into the brain of the hornet, and produced more seeds inside the hornet, and the hornet started to buzz around and shoot other creatures with seeds, and thus turned the jungle into a hive mind. The modified plant became known as Synthesia

So, the player then goes around, slaying these creatures, crafting, IDK, a magic book or some kind of ammo with the seeds that the enemies affected by the plant might drop. Anyway, the thing the enemies drop could be used in a boss summon crafting recipe, to create the Master Fertilizer. This Master Fertilizer, when used, summons a Giant Clump of Synthesia, all wrapped around a clump of bees and turtles. The fight starts out as, essentially, just a little harder plantera, with the Clump using vine tentacles to navigate, and shooting tons of pellets and stuff that deal moderate damage.

The fight continues like this until it reaches around half of how ever much health you give it. Once this happens, two smaller clumps appear and act like the Twins from the mech bosses, one shooting lengths of vines at the player, the other spraying seeds everywhere .They do not have an insane amount of hp, but do take a good amount of hits to kill. Maybe you could add a thing where you must defeat the two smaller clumps before doing more damage to the big clump, IDK. While this happens, the large clump acting as a Plantera knock-of goes into a second phase, where a circle of spikes shoot out every couple seconds, whilst the clump goes into phase two of Plantera, shooting just poison seeds, seeds that explode, and seeds that home in on the player.

Once the main clump reaches a third of its health, random enemies infected by the Synthesia start spawning a lot , just there and attacking like regular. Then, once the main clump reaches a quarter of its health, seeds fall from above, and a worm-like clump spawns, the worm having, like, a good chunk of health, but a low amount of damage, and the main clump gaining a little more damage reduction and charging the player while shooting them with bouncing seeds, seeds that explode, homing seeds, and seeds that spawn in a random Synthesia infected enemy.

Once the main clump is killed, a large amount of regular hornets burst away, loot from the boss drops, some seeds drop, and Synthesia enemies start to spawn in less.

Sorry for that being so lengthy. You can do whatever you want with this, not use it, change it, change the main clump into an infected queen bee, I don’t care. Heck, you could make a Hardmode queen bee with this idea of an infectious plant . So yea, that’s a boss idea I had. Do whatever. Modify the other stuff that spawns in to something else if you want, I don’t care, as long as you keep up the cool work.

P.S. Might be smart to just... move this to Post-Moonlord, if you do it. Oh, and, sorry if this just is way too hard to code to be possible for you to do. Also, just CONSIDER this. I don’t care if you do not use it. Also, the reason the main thing acts like Plantera was because the plant originated from a Plantera Bulb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom