tModLoader Rockos ARPG

To be completely honest, I'd greatly appreciate it if this mod remains incredibly unbalanced in favor of the player. The other two RPG mods at the time, Terraria Leveled and N Terraria, are either completely unbalanced or balanced in favor of the game. It's not that I want everything handed to me (which is the ignorant argument of many pro-challenge people), but that I enjoy the ability to overpower enemies by way of level grinding. If I reach the end of an RPG and either the early game enemies can still put up a fight or I don't feel like a walking god, I typically don't value the journey.

Obviously, this is entirely subjective and it's up to Rockos. Realistically, I just hope if any nerfs are implemented, that I still have the ability to "Disgaea" it, and curb stomp the Moon Lord by sheer power.
Yeah, man, I get ya. It's not getting everything handed to ya--ya had to level up to gain those benefits. I'm just that one crazy person that always likes to feel challenged by, if not the mobs, at least the events and bosses.

As for curb-stomping, Disgaea style... Well. Given enough levels, you can have all the summon nodes, as well as + magic damage or + ranged damage...get all the evades, as well. I don't really see Moon Lord being a problem.

Yeah, man, I get ya. It's not getting everything handed to ya--ya had to level up to gain those benefits. I'm just that one crazy person that always likes to feel challenged by, if not the mobs, at least the events and bosses.

As for curb-stomping, Disgaea style... Well. Given enough levels, you can have all the summon nodes, as well as + magic damage or + ranged damage...get all the evades, as well. I don't really see Moon Lord being a problem.
Oh, ha ha, I know. I wasn't saying you were one of those people.

Back on topic, @Rockos , I noticed Mana Regen is completely broken. Mana Potions still work, but all sources of Mana Regeneration is currently broken. I'm assuming whatever you changed to fix the negative MP/HP values broke regen.

Back on topic, @Rockos , I noticed Mana Regen is completely broken. Mana Potions still work, but all sources of Mana Regeneration is currently broken. I'm assuming whatever you changed to fix the negative MP/HP values broke regen.
does that mean you dont regen at all or does it mean its way too much?

Since the regen in the game mechanic do not fits the new one, every buff that could provide either hp or mana regen has to be redone. I didn't touch a single one at this moment cause I need to work on fixing those mechanics before reaching the buffs.

For the negative Xp, Now I got a beautiful screenshot (Thanks to terraria planetauri). I will work on that ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

does that mean you dont regen at all or does it mean its way too much?
At all. No buffs increase mana regen, no bonuses from the skill tree, no effects from accessories (even Magic Cuffs), and none at all from passive regeneration. This happens regardless of whether Heartless mode is on or not. (HP regen isn't affected.)

I suppose I've got to wait until this is fixed to play again. It's a gamebreaker for mages, especially Heartless mages.

Last edited:
Ok really great looking mod. I am however having a bug. In multiplayer whenever i kill any monster. It only gives XP and not any item. No Money, no gel nothing. I have tried to disable all mods except this one however it still does not fix it.

Ok really great looking mod. I am however having a bug. In multiplayer whenever i kill any monster. It only gives XP and not any item. No Money, no gel nothing. I have tried to disable all mods except this one however it still does not fix it.

The multiplayer side seems to come from the modloader side. I tried to investigate as much as possible but I didn't find anything to fix this.

At all. No buffs increase mana regen, no bonuses from the skill tree, no effects from accessories (even Magic Cuffs), and none at all from passive regeneration. This happens regardless of whether Heartless mode is on or not. (HP regen isn't affected.)

I suppose I've got to wait until this is fixed to play again. It's a gamebreaker for mages, especially Heartless mages.

Ok I will check again what I did wrong.

EDIT: -_- I am so a moron. I had put the regen thing in comment cause I was testing things.

no need to thanks m8 im just the kind that finds tha bugs
edit:you are ading the thower stuff right?

Thrower stuff come after the fix. I need to fix thing first. Cause changing stuff in the tree is very time consumming

0.9f
-Fixed Mana Regen (Obvious problem from intense testing I made earlier),
-Tentative fix for negative Exp,
-Fixed 4 skill bug in the skill tree.

nvm its fixed thx bud i had lvl 53 in negative exp LOL :eek:

here look: before
20160315122839_1.jpg

now:
20160317145034_1.jpg

Could you maybe add a download link? (on mac the mod browser doesn't work)
There is a download in the OP, read it carefully and you'll see

RENAME -------------Rockos ARPG.txt to Rockos ARPG.tmod--------------

EDIT:
Wow, did that just rhyme? I'm such a poet...

Have you had any luck with the Multiplayer issue where mobs wont drop any items or coin? If it was only this I could likely get by but this includes grab bags from bosses and even triggering the dungeon opening by killing Skeletron, so my friend and I can't play 'til it's fixed. :l

Have you had any luck with the Multiplayer issue where mobs wont drop any items or coin? If it was only this I could likely get by but this includes grab bags from bosses and even triggering the dungeon opening by killing Skeletron, so my friend and I can't play 'til it's fixed. :l

This maybe due to npc disapearing when hitting in multiplayer. I still have to figure out why it does it. Apparently this could come from the mod loader but It may be the fact that I use the call method CheckDead() .

There is a download in the OP, read it carefully and you'll see

RENAME -------------Rockos ARPG.txt to Rockos ARPG.tmod--------------

EDIT:
Wow, did that just rhyme? I'm such a poet...

Thanks for replying, guess i didnt look well enough. If i rename it it just jumps to being Rockos ARPG.tmod.txt. am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for replying, guess i didnt look well enough. If i rename it it just jumps to being Rockos ARPG.tmod.txt. am i doing something wrong?
When looking at the file in your file explorer, do you see Rockos ARPG.tmod or Rockos ARPG.tmod.txt?
If it's the second, you can right-click your file, select Properties (all the way at the bottom of the tab that opens) and from there change the filename correctly.

When looking at the file in your file explorer, do you see Rockos ARPG.tmod or Rockos ARPG.tmod.txt?
If it's the second, you can right-click your file, select Properties (all the way at the bottom of the tab that opens) and from there change the filename correctly.
or simply change the setting to hide known filename extensions in the explorer settings

Back
Top Bottom