tModLoader Rockos ARPG

update that mod

upload_2017-7-2_12-16-3.png

I'm working on it anyway. Last week was a bit busy, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius had half energy for several days so I did a bit of grinding and story progression with it. My computer has crap for ram so doing those things in an emulator while also having terraria open as well as the excel spreadsheet to help me position these nodes, notepad++ with all my notes and the code, and sometimes the Visual Studio IDE when needed is all a bit much to do at once with only 4 gigs of ram (yeah i know, just no money to get any ram right now).

Anyway, worked on it a bit this morning and got two starting areas set up on the left side of the tree here, the top left and bottom left. Gotta work on the other side which should be easy to mirror the y values over and adjust for the new x values, then recalculate the tree for the top and bottom. Getting the nodes where I want them is a bit of work. It'd probably be easier to program something that'll let me place these things on a grid with a bit more ease, but I guess I just do things the hard way.

In any case, it takes time. I can only do so much.

P.S. If you mean updating the old Rocko's mod to 0.10.0.2, here is the original work I did for Rocko's Mod to get it to run in 0.10.0.1. Download

You can extract it in the sources directory, then try compiling it in ModLoader 0.10.0.2 and see if it'll compile for you. Assuming they didn't change how older hooks were used (which was why going to v0.10 was a pain for everyone, many had to rewrite all of their custom item name/description codes for example), it should compile just fine, but again I have not tested it to see. It the source can build in 0.10.0.2, then it should work.

I got 19 lvl and lost all the skills, later disappeared skillpoints can not get anything help

As I mentioned when I placed the download link, my only work with the file I uploaded was to see that it could load in 0.10.0.1 and only gave it out to those who were interested in looking at it and I never claimed it to be bug free, only that it loaded in 0.10.0.1.

I am currently making a revamped version as you can see from screenshots I have posted. I did post the source code for 0.10.0.1 of the Legacy Rocko's Mod if you want to try and fix the original legacy version and keep it working, which I think another user here wanted to try doing. As I am working on the revamped version, I do not plan to keep the older version updated or to make sure it works perfectly, it was only for those who were curious in seeing the older version.

Last edited:
Please help my character just reset itself, I used mage, I was level 15 all my upgrades are gone and can't level them up because i don't have the mana+ upgrade i already updated the game.

Take Note: Whoever uploaded a "Rockos Mod 9.3" recently to tmodloader was not myself. Therefore, whoever is doing that, it is up to you to deal with any issues that arise with that version, otherwise, you should not have uploaded it. I put the "it runs in 0.10.0.1" version in the thread for those who were interested, not to be uploaded and made as a released version because it was not bug checked nor did I have any intentions of making the original one work perfectly in recent tmodloaders.

I keep getting messages regarding this recently updated version that I had no part in uploading to tmodloader (well besides putting up the source code for people to look at), so whoever you are, you should be taking care of that.

Last edited:
View attachment 174906

I'm working on it anyway. Last week was a bit busy, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius had half energy for several days so I did a bit of grinding and story progression with it. My computer has crap for ram so doing those things in an emulator while also having terraria open as well as the excel spreadsheet to help me position these nodes, notepad++ with all my notes and the code, and sometimes the Visual Studio IDE when needed is all a bit much to do at once with only 4 gigs of ram (yeah i know, just no money to get any ram right now).

Anyway, worked on it a bit this morning and got two starting areas set up on the left side of the tree here, the top left and bottom left. Gotta work on the other side which should be easy to mirror the y values over and adjust for the new x values, then recalculate the tree for the top and bottom. Getting the nodes where I want them is a bit of work. It'd probably be easier to program something that'll let me place these things on a grid with a bit more ease, but I guess I just do things the hard way.

In any case, it takes time. I can only do so much.

P.S. If you mean updating the old Rocko's mod to 0.10.0.2, here is the original work I did for Rocko's Mod to get it to run in 0.10.0.1. Download

You can extract it in the sources directory, then try compiling it in ModLoader 0.10.0.2 and see if it'll compile for you. Assuming they didn't change how older hooks were used (which was why going to v0.10 was a pain for everyone, many had to rewrite all of their custom item name/description codes for example), it should compile just fine, but again I have not tested it to see. It the source can build in 0.10.0.2, then it should work.

As I mentioned when I placed the download link, my only work with the file I uploaded was to see that it could load in 0.10.0.1 and only gave it out to those who were interested in looking at it and I never claimed it to be bug free, only that it loaded in 0.10.0.1.

I am currently making a revamped version as you can see from screenshots I have posted. I did post the source code for 0.10.0.1 of the Legacy Rocko's Mod if you want to try and fix the original legacy version and keep it working, which I think another user here wanted to try doing. As I am working on the revamped version, I do not plan to keep the older version updated or to make sure it works perfectly, it was only for those who were curious in seeing the older version.

Oh my, that looks like a sexy skill tree. Thanks for taking up this mod man.

Anybody else experiencing lag while playing with this mod enabled? I've noticed that my game started lagging when I got this from the mod browser. New world and character, to the same effect. Wasn't until I went and disabled it that lagging was no longer an issue. Would help if I had more than 3 GB of ram. Bah, at any rate, I remember playing this mod about a year ago. From the screenshots I've seen, it looks like it's improved quite a lot! So much fun was had...

EDIT: Mods I have enabled are:

Additional Utilities
AllBlend
Auto Trash
Calamity Mod
Chad's Furniture
Cheat Sheet
Cosmetic Variety
Dual Wielding
Fargo Wiltas - Souls and something
Fast Start
Flying Minions Ignore Terrain
ImkSushis Mod
Infinity
Item Checklist
Magic Storage
Mass Grave Remover
Max Stack Plus
More Accessories
More Armor Mod
Omni Swing X
Reduce Grinding
Reforge Armor
RockosARPG (This one LMAO [just kidding, it's really good :passionate:])
Satisfying Coins
Solutions Mod
tgwaifus (which I don't even know why I bothered, I was bored :D)
Vanilla Tweaks
Wing Slot Up
World Gen Previewer
Yoshi Mod

EDIT 2: I should have looked a few replies above mine. I need new glasses and better reading comprehension skills...

Last edited:
Please help, I am unsure who updated this mod but I am using it on tModloader. IT HAS A MASSIVE BUG! Whenever you save and quit, then go back It undoes all the progress on the tree and stops you from being able to unlock other points because the VERY FIRST POINT gets undone too. And you arent allowed to redo it :( Please add a fix for this or if thats a bit difficult for now then a quick fix could be to add an option to change class (AKA Reset the tree deliberately. It would be a lot of effort but its easier than creating a new character and RE LEVELLING :( Please fix this. If you see this and know who updated the mod (Fairly certain it was Rockos) then send it to them please.

The mod was very cool but every time I make some update the points distributed in the skill tree disappears and I have to start another character.

Please help, I am unsure who updated this mod but I am using it on tModloader. IT HAS A MASSIVE BUG! Whenever you save and quit, then go back It undoes all the progress on the tree and stops you from being able to unlock other points because the VERY FIRST POINT gets undone too. And you arent allowed to redo it :( Please add a fix for this or if thats a bit difficult for now then a quick fix could be to add an option to change class (AKA Reset the tree deliberately. It would be a lot of effort but its easier than creating a new character and RE LEVELLING :( Please fix this. If you see this and know who updated the mod (Fairly certain it was Rockos) then send it to them please.
Darkwolf7786 has taken up development of this mod atm. Though, the one on the Mod browser is not updated by him. His version is in one of his comments.

hello i just downloaded the mod , how do i open the skill tree, all i see when i press escape is the status box

^:red: that i figured it out, anyways all cool but i reached lvl 15 and then i relogged in i lost all my skillpoints and can't get anymore, meh

Last edited:
hello i just downloaded the mod , how do i open the skill tree, all i see when i press escape is the status box

^:red: that i figured it out, anyways all cool but i reached lvl 15 and then i relogged in i lost all my skillpoints and can't get anymore, meh
I had to set the hotkey in settings, just go into controls and scroll all the way down :)
[doublepost=1499622400,1499622376][/doublepost]
Darkwolf7786 has taken up development of this mod atm. Though, the one on the Mod browser is not updated by him. His version is in one of his comments.
Well im going to install that one and see if its less broken haha. He should probably upload it to tModloader for easy update ^^

1499622376 said:
Well im going to install that one and see if its less broken haha. He should probably upload it to tModloader for easy update ^^
I'd update the mod and upload myself, but being on a mac, I can't figure out how. If I had access to a computer running windows 7, that'd be a different story.

Edit: Found the link to download in darkwolf's comments here

Chances are the version in the thread and the one on tmodloader are the same. I posted a .tmod file for those who were curious only at the original mod. Then I posted the source code for the work I did on getting it RUNNING (note that running does not mean working correctly) in tmodloader 0.10.0.1. Someone took that, compiled it, then uploaded it into the newest tmodloader browser. I had no participation in that and have gotten far more requests at trying to get that one to work when I have no intention on working on the original, which those who read the posts I put those files in should be clear enough, but many aren't reading that because someone just uploaded it into tmodloader browser and that's where many are downloading it from. I ask that you sit tight on the newer version i'm working on. I wish whoever that person was didn't haphazardly upload it to tmodloader just like that.

So to be clear: The links in the thread that I made were a "IT RUNS IN 0.10.0.1" version. Its not a "IT WORKS PROPERLY IN 0.10.0.1" version. It was for those who were curious in looking at the original. A few posts after, I uploaded the source code for those interested in maintaining the original as a sort of "Legacy Rockos Mod" since I am making all sorts of changes to the tree and stats as the original Rockos Mod was very imbalanced. I did not upload any version recently to tmodloader mod browser. I am still working on the newest version that I'm modifying. Please wait kindly for the release of the version I am working on.

Last edited:
From
Chances are the version in the thread and the one on tmodloader are the same. I posted a .tmod file for those who were curious only at the original mod. Then I posted the source code for the work I did on getting it RUNNING (note that running does not mean working correctly) in tmodloader 0.10.0.1. Someone took that, compiled it, then uploaded it into the newest tmodloader browser. I had no participation in that and have gotten far more requests at trying to get that one to work when I have no intention on working on the original, which those who read the posts I put those files in should be clear enough, but many aren't reading that because someone just uploaded it into tmodloader browser and that's where many are downloading it from. I ask that you sit tight on the newer version i'm working on. I wish whoever that person was didn't haphazardly upload it to tmodloader just like that.

So to be clear: The links in the thread that I made were a "IT RUNS IN 0.10.0.1" version. Its not a "IT WORKS PROPERLY IN 0.10.0.1" version. It was for those who were curious in looking at the original. A few posts after, I uploaded the source code for those interested in maintaining the original as a sort of "Legacy Rockos Mod" since I am making all sorts of changes to the tree and stats as the original Rockos Mod was very imbalanced. I did not upload any version recently to tmodloader mod browser. I am still working on the newest version that I'm modifying. Please wait kindly for the release of the version I am working on.

From what I've seen your version looks great and I do sorta agree that it was way too OP. After moonlord you could get like 5k health with 3% regen, at which point you'd be basically immortal, also the damage leeched as life nodes were way to strong and the improved critical multiplier mod changed your crit from doing 2x normal damage to 4x normal damage. I hope you manage to figure out how to make the mod balanced for early game as well as mid-game and end-game. On that note I'm curious if you have any sort of idea when we can expect your version to be out?

Last edited:
From

From what I've seen your version looks great and I do sorta agree that it was way too OP. After moonlord you could get like 5k health with 3% regen, at which point you'd be basically immortal, also the damage leeched as life nodes were way to strong and the improved critical multiplier mod changed your crit from doing 2x normal damage to 4x normal damage. I hope you manage to figure out how to make the mod balanced for early game as well as mid-game and end-game. On that note I'm curious if you have any sort of idea when we can expect your version to be out?
Dude, if you chose mage and did the half defense but mana is your health, you could get well over 10k mana/health and regen at like 100 a second lol.
[doublepost=1499683567,1499683492][/doublepost]

I see and understand, do you think you could release a non-broken version of the normal mod, and your balanced one? Since sometimes I like a challenge and sometimes being immortal with 30 minions is a bit of fun ^^. Thanks for doing this btw, we appreciate it.

Im having a bug that my RPG menu appears only on the settings menu. It worked for the first time and then next time every UI only shows in the settings menu. I have no idea whats causing it. Would like some help. I tried reinstalling it and stuff but it didn't work.

there is a bug with the skill tree
when you use the skill tree and use your skill points and then change world all your skills are gone and you can no longer get anymore skills apart from that it is a really fun mod

there is a bug with the skill tree
when you use the skill tree and use your skill points and then change world all your skills are gone and you can no longer get anymore skills apart from that it is a really fun mod
Yep, common issue. But the modder is working on balancing the mod first, (it'd be nice if it worked before it was fair) but hey its up to them.

I understand that the previous version of the mod was very unbalanced, such as having an infinite amount mana with heartless while using the last prism, but there's no real point in trying to balance things like that when you lose everything when you dc. Seeing how you do keep your skill points, you just can't allocate them, in the chance that you're not finding the bug (or not looking), maybe just make it so the stars don't require anything. Yes, I know that can be odd, seeing how someone could start mage and just instantly go into ranger after getting an energy shield, but it's a quick fix that allows the mod to be playable, and can let you still develop and balance however you like.

Edit 1: And yes, the version that's on the browser is the same as the most recent downloadable .tmod file darkwolf has posted. I checked.

I understand that the previous version of the mod was very unbalanced, such as having an infinite amount mana with heartless while using the last prism, but there's no real point in trying to balance things like that when you lose everything when you dc. Seeing how you do keep your skill points, you just can't allocate them, in the chance that you're not finding the bug (or not looking), maybe just make it so the stars don't require anything. Yes, I know that can be odd, seeing how someone could start mage and just instantly go into ranger after getting an energy shield, but it's a quick fix that allows the mod to be playable, and can let you still develop and balance however you like.

Edit 1: And yes, the version that's on the browser is the same as the most recent downloadable .tmod file darkwolf has posted. I checked.
Yes found this out the tedious way, and I agree with you, step one should be functional then step two should be balanced :p

Back
Top Bottom