tModLoader Rockos ARPG

Mid way top to bottom on the right side of the tree theres this heartless skill, a suggestion can you make sure that nodes of this type are offshoots of a main traveling both, theres the summoning nodes past that coming from the mage start. I know there is a big skill tree change but it is something to keep in mind while making the new tree.

also to add to the list.. by all means check percentages for survival abilities (like dodge). my ranger is up at over 100% dodge and thus invulnerable :/
even using a tweaked enemies prefixes mod doesnt help killing my character. maybe cap dodge at 80-90%?

100% dodge? Wow I will check the tree to make sure it doesn't happen. Also the regen will have it's rework don't worry. And yeah some skill like heartless may change place. Really hard as a 1 man team to test it all ;-)
[doublepost=1459258243,1459258075][/doublepost]
I like the mod but life regen is incredibly powerful. I'm a Warrior in Expert pre-hardmode and I already have 41 hp/second. I'm in the process of making a new character, a mage, so that I can feel a bit of danger again.

I feel like the Energy Shield mechanic is a solid option for players who don't want to pop potions, but making health regen so powerful feels devastating to it. Why would I play ES when I can just have 1500 life and 70+ regen/sec with superior levels of armor.

On the flip side, offensive options feel /very/ weak, with the exception of the crit damage cluster. 2% Melee damage vs 40 life is almost a no brainer. 1% melee damage vs 1 defense, 1% crit vs 1 defense..when you can just run every defensive point and reroll 2 accessories to crit to make up for the loss.

Lastly, The game's difficulty feels too low to warrant such powerful effects. Naked, I'm level 63 with almost 1,000 life, 40 energy shield, 40 hp/second and 10 armor. Those stats already nullify much of the challenge. Add armor in to it, and another 20-30 levels of stats and you've got a monster on your hands who can just AFK through any boss fight.

IMO: Tone down the defenses, Tone up the damages, Remove life regen or greatly reduce it in favor of ES or add content to challenge characters. Just my opinions! :)

All in all, great mod! I love the ideas and things I see here! Thank you very much for putting this out there for us!

Will apply this while making the change to the tree.

Um, today while i was playing modded terraria, after i killed the Queen Jellyfish( A boss from the thorium mod) my character's level went from 26 to 105. Im pretty sure this was not supposed to happen, And now im too overpowered.:(

Thanks. I will look into it as soon as I can. Also will check again for crawltipedes.

Thanks. I will look into it as soon as I can. Also will check again for crawltipedes.

I'm not familiar with the Queen Jellyfish, but for crawltipedes it seems to be an issue of they have way too much health. It could probably be balanced out pretty well by just decreasing the exp gained from them to 20-50%.

100% dodge? Wow I will check the tree to make sure it doesn't happen. Also the regen will have it's rework don't worry. And yeah some skill like heartless may change place. Really hard as a 1 man team to test it all ;-)
[doublepost=1459258243,1459258075][/doublepost]

Will apply this while making the change to the tree.

the 100% dodge doesnt exactly come from the skill tree... its the dex itself which also increases dodge, thus its going over 100% together with the tree

I've noticed some peculiar performance issues regarding projectiles, both player-based an enemy-based when loading this mod and was wondering if anything could be done to fix it? I've enjoyed the mod but sometimes the FPS drops to unplayable numbers.

I've noticed some peculiar performance issues regarding projectiles, both player-based an enemy-based when loading this mod and was wondering if anything could be done to fix it? I've enjoyed the mod but sometimes the FPS drops to unplayable numbers.
i didnt test if it really was an issue with this mod.. but true.. im also experiencing huge fps issues in larger battle, especially when using weapons which cause loads of particles (like lunar flare and high RoF crystal bullets)

i didnt test if it really was an issue with this mod.. but true.. im also experiencing huge fps issues in larger battle, especially when using weapons which cause loads of particles (like lunar flare and high RoF crystal bullets)
so thats why i can't use my rail staff hmmmmmmmm wierd

I was trying to isolate if some FPS issues were directly related to the API or a mod in particular last night and narrowed it down to this, but yeah, it's unfortunate.

cuse there a ability next to the mage start and its called healing + that says the healing circle heals more or something
i know, and like i said: it might be for a planned item which isn't implemented yet.

@Rockos i have an idea regarding the fps drop when using lots of projectiles/particles.. could it be that you have some checks for the projectiles which run the whole time the projectile "lives"? because this gets worse the more projectiles exist and stops when the projectiles are gone.

i know, and like i said: it might be for a planned item which isn't implemented yet.

@Rockos i have an idea regarding the fps drop when using lots of projectiles/particles.. could it be that you have some checks for the projectiles which run the whole time the projectile "lives"? because this gets worse the more projectiles exist and stops when the projectiles are gone.

Yes there is a check whenever a projectile hit something. But otherwise no. The thing is like Npchit() or something like that. I can't remember it on the top of my head. But it's only called whenever it hit something ... I can understand the fps drop, but it shouldn't happen at all at the first place since it doesn't run constantly. This is tmodloader that do the call for when something hit something.

Thanks for the hint. I will give a check anyway. And for healing circle a change is coming to the tree. Until the server are less buggy I cannot integrate this item in the game. The call is not working at all anyway.

@Rockos I've also noticed the fps drop when using certain items like the bee gun. Having about 5 or 6 shots active at a time doesn't hurt performance noticably, but it rapidly snowballs from there. I've had it drop to around 2-6 fps when I was spamming the bee gun. Never had that in vanilla, so it was super jarring and almost killed my HC character :/

P.S. I've just fired the bee gun into the air by my town. No mobs nearby, but the flying bees just tank the fps. Haven't tried anything else yet though. Mostly just now got the wretched thing :p

Last edited:
@Rockos I've also noticed the fps drop when using certain items like the bee gun. Having about 5 or 6 shots active at a time doesn't hurt performance noticably, but it rapidly snowballs from there. I've had it drop to around 2-6 fps when I was spamming the bee gun. Never had that in vanilla, so it was super jarring and almost killed my HC character :/
each single bee counts as an projectile, and theres something which calls the projectiles during their lifetime. a few projectiles wont hurt, but having like 10 or 20 will cause the processing to slow down as its starting to get overburdened. thats the only viable explanation for the fps drops in my opinion.

I've also had trouble with the FPS when lots of projectiles are on screen. My cheap WoF strat with the Beenades is painful to use because of it.

in multiplayer mob's has no loot.bosses has no loot.killing bosses is not confirmed.no way to go in dungeon.no way go to haedmode...no way to play in multiplayer(((

in multiplayer mob's has no loot.bosses has no loot.killing bosses is not confirmed.no way to go in dungeon.no way go to haedmode...no way to play in multiplayer(((
known issue, all we can do is wait for rockos to first update the mod for tmodloader 0.8 again including the new skill tree, and then he can go for some stuff on multiplayer. currently this mod isnt really usable for multiplayer

Back
Top Bottom