Game Mechanics 'Round' Worlds

Do you like the idea of 'Round' (connected) Worlds?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
But still, how would the tongue work, you can pass the wall!
Once you are far enough from the boss, the "tongue" debuff won't affect you, even if you are behind the wall of flesh. You can see this if you go back to continue fighting it after dieing. The only real problem with the wall of flesh is it only de-spawns when it reaches the end of the world. Also, this might lead to a bit of confusion when using the compass.

More than that, how do you express a map of a round world? Would the map wrap and move according to your position? This would be very hard to code in all the changes required and would cause far more nuisances than it could prevent, and from Starbound I find that a wrapping round map makes the world seem puny and repetitive. I am unsure about this idea.

Where would goblins spawn from? The 'outer two thirds of the map' idea would be completely broken.

Honestly.. This isn't a problem.. just imagine cutting the ocean in half then calculate from there... not that much effort...

More than that, how do you express a map of a round world? Would the map wrap and move according to your position? This would be very hard to code in all the changes required and would cause far more nuisances than it could prevent, and from Starbound I find that a wrapping round map makes the world seem puny and repetitive. I am unsure about this idea.

Also, this wouldn't be too bad to code, It shouldn't cause too many problems.

And... I understand where people are coming from with the world being a terrarium, but... even if they added a thing where if you walk to the right, held right and the screen fades to black, teleports you to the other side, then fades back in, This would also be easier to code.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429041673][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is a picture I threw together!! I smoothed the cut that I made a little, without taking too much of my time, so excuse the lack of effort, I'm very busy with coding lately, as I am taking 2 programming classes right now. Anyways... here is the picture!
BV82BPK.jpg

Let me know what you think!

There is a reason why I Dont like Rectangular Shaped Worlds
Square The Shape of Evil!!!!!

Good thing it's a rectangle and not a square. :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1429046275][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't like this idea. It doesn't make sense to me. Also I am wondering how far boulders would go, if you had a large flat part of land you could get them running a ridiculous distance and have a very cheap boss fight.

What the heck are you talking about? The world isn't actually round with a center of gravity. It just loops when you reach the edge of the world.

Back
Top Bottom