Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but sand currently falls through actuated blocks, making them useless when it comes to actuation.

Seems to be intended:

I am 99% sure this is now intended behavior in Journey's End.

clarification: It wasn't a bug that was fixed, it was intentionally changed behavior. Sand (and silt/slush) that is unsupported is supposed to be a hazard to the player.

By actuated, do you mean, "toggled off"? Because that's intended behavior. It's how the sandfall traps in the underground desert work.

Is there any way to make it work? As in, there is a seperate block that looks like sand but is not affected by gravity?

Is there any way to make it work? As in, there is a seperate block that looks like sand but is not affected by gravity?

Well, there are Hardened Sand blocks... they don't look exactly like sand, but close enough.

Maybe it would help if you told us what it is you're trying to do, then maybe we could offer suggestions as to how to accomplish it?

I was trying to create an area underneath my desert base so that I could access the underground desert easily. Outside of using the sand, I can only think of using teleporters, which are difficult to hide.

I guess you can use Ecto blocks to support the sand blocks. They're supposed to be invisible.

Haven't used them so I'm not sure how it works.

I don't think that will work because actuating all of the sand will cause the sand to fall on the bottom actuated sand blocks. Plus, I don't really want to wait until I defeat plantera for that.

I don't think that will work because actuating all of the sand will cause the sand to fall on the bottom actuated sand blocks. Plus, I don't really want to wait until I defeat plantera for that.

Just dig a hole down into the underground desert from inside your base and hang a rope. I don't understand why you want to actuate sand for this.

I wanted the entrance to not be visible. Hold on, I just thought about something: what if relogic added ecto paint, to allow for teleporters and gravity blocks to be invisible?

We don't have anymore paint slots in tile data, unfortunately. There won't be any more paints. :(

Back
Top Bottom