Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
For some reason when I fight the empress of light while using a sanguine staff, my sanguine bats disappear. Literally out of no where. Like at one moment have 7 of them and a moment later only two. I'm not sure how it happens and why it doesn't happen every battle but its really annoying having to summon my bats in the heat of battle. Maybe its to do with that I dyed them with a shadow flame dye, but I don't have a clue. I hope this gets fixed because it costed me a few empress of light battles. :(

Is it possible you are hitting the maximum number of active buffs? There is a limit and if you go over, some buffs will be canceled (and minions are buffs)

Is it possible you are hitting the maximum number of active buffs? There is a limit and if you go over, some buffs will be canceled (and minions are buffs)
Now when I think about it I did have the thorns potion, endurance potion, regen potion, campfire, heart lantern, summon potion, bewitching table, iron skin potion, heart reach potion buffs active. And I was also riding the shrimpy truffle mount and using a sanguine staff. I used all of these buffs for the mech bosses and duke fishron ( except the shrimpy truffle mount because I didn't have it at the time). Ill try to take a screen shot when it happens because it looks pretty weird when it does. Instead of having 7 sanguine bat summons around my head when the bug happens I only have 2, one my left side and one on my right side. Ill add a picture if I come across it again.

Last edited:
I'm back with some more info! And it is kind of interesting.. I have been trying to recreate the bug for half an hour and to no avail. But when I started using the morning star instead of a kaleidoscope the bug happened. I had 8 sanguine bats during the fight with the empress and after some time while hitting her with a morning star just suddenly some of the bats disappeared and I was left with 4. I hope this info helps a bit.

I also found a bonus bug. If a flinx summon attacks a antlion thats stuck in a corner in the underground desert biome the flinx just disappears.

I also found a bonus bug. If a flinx summon attacks a antlion thats stuck in a corner in the underground desert biome the flinx just disappears.
Yes!!! I am playing summoner for the worthy master mode and whenever I attack antlions with my flinx minions they just disappear. I have not been able to obtain summon buffs as of this post and am waiting for a blood moon.

Happened to me as well. I do the empress fight with 8 bats and I will randomly go down to 1. I also use the morning star mace.

Back
Top Bottom