Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I'd love to see cross-biome content with venus fly trap monsters for crimson, snake monsters for corruption and like white fire bursting spore enemies for hallow.

I would obviously say Screw the Jungle because yeah I can handle the Pre-Hardmode Jungle because look at it this way... Pre-Hardmode, The Only "Threats" The Jungle has are Bats, Slimes, Hornets, Snatchers, and the occasional Bee Hives. But once the Wall of Flesh has been slain the Jungle just becomes a pain in the :red: if you get what I mean. Reason for this is because the Enemies get ALOT harder. There are Derpling Mutated Beetle things, More OP Snatchers, Giant Tortoises, Moss Hornets and the Lihzard Temple. Some people have to agree with me on that front. I would rather sit there and watch all those Jungle Spores turn Into Vile Mushrooms and Deathweed. I can live in a world where my Jungle is a natural Recourse Farm for greater things like oh I dont know... maybe... Ichor and Cursed Flames and Souls of Night!!! But at least the Corruption doesn't have Turtles, or Hornets that are shooting me every second of the day!

I would obviously say Screw the Jungle because yeah I can handle the Pre-Hardmode Jungle because look at it this way... Pre-Hardmode, The Only "Threats" The Jungle has are Bats, Slimes, Hornets, Snatchers, and the occasional Bee Hives. But once the Wall of Flesh has been slain the Jungle just becomes a pain in the :red: if you get what I mean. Reason for this is because the Enemies get ALOT harder. There are Derpling Mutated Beetle things, More OP Snatchers, Giant Tortoises, Moss Hornets and the Lihzard Temple. Some people have to agree with me on that front. I would rather sit there and watch all those Jungle Spores turn Into Vile Mushrooms and Deathweed. I can live in a world where my Jungle is a natural Recourse Farm for greater things like oh I dont know... maybe... Ichor and Cursed Flames and Souls of Night!!! But at least the Corruption doesn't have Turtles, or Hornets that are shooting me every second of the day!
Yeah, The jungle is definitely a dangerous place early in hardmode, and I would wouldn't stick around in it long until I was ready to fight the mechs. Still though, it would be pretty hard to get endgame gear without Plantera or chlorophyte.

Yeah, The jungle is definitely a dangerous place early in hardmode, and I would wouldn't stick around in it long until I was ready to fight the mechs. Still though, it would be pretty hard to get endgame gear without Plantera or chlorophyte.
its not only hard its actually impossible as the dungeon, thus ectoplasm, require Plantera's defeat... the only endgame gear you could get is the gear from Duke Fisheron...
Still support and will continue to...

Looking a lot cooler and better now, although for some reason I liked the old banner better
It might be because the other banner included crimson as well, but the new one only has corruption. I noticed that the old one was just barely small enough to fit in a signature though, so I made the new one to be a bit smaller as well.

OkayI kind of want to brainstorm for ideas for a crossover biome.
Jungle/Corruption: Swooper: A giant corrupt slime which is slightly bigger than a mother slime. It has two Flying Fox wings, and is covered in purple vines. It has two vines that grow outwards with thorns at the end, similar to claws. Their AI is where they fly in the air, then occasionally swoop down in an arcing motion. When you kill them, it spawns a bunch of slimelings and drops corrupt vines. These corrupt vines are used for decoration.
Jungle/Crimson: Ichornet: A large hornet, about one half the size of a Queen Bee. It slowly moves through the air, while shooting tons of ichor stingers. These stingers have a chance of inflicting poison, ichor, or both. It moves somewhat quickly, and can fly through walls. It looks like a giant, obese, red hornet. It's abdomen will be filled with ichor, which will constantly be dripping from it's stinger. It has two, spindly, scarily long antennae. It can charge you, and will always cause ichor with that attack. When killed, it can drop the antennae grappling hook, and ichor stingers. These new stingers can be used to create various different ichor traps by combining the stingers with one Ice Core (Common drop from Ice Queen on last wave), some wires, and the trap you want to give ichor to. The purpose for this is to give you new toys to play with to see how quickly you can get through the Frost Moon now. Obviously, this might not work with the coming of 1.3 because this may be too OP for the new Lunar Event/Boss.
Jungle/Hallow: Chaotic Butterfly: A larger than normal butterfly which is as chaotic as the elementals that flies quickly, teleports, and shoots Hallow Orbs. These bounce on the ground, and if they make it to the walls, they bounce on those too. They do a lot of damage, but fortunately, they are slow enough to dodge easily. The moth uses a very erratic pattern, quickly jumping forward, then jumping backwards, and teleporting. They are hard to hit, but they have low defense so when you manage to get a shot in, it does a good amount of damage. When you kill it, it has a 1/10 chance to give you the Rod of Discord, and will drop the Chaos dust. This Chaos dust can be used to make a Chaos Butterfly Staff. This summons a Chaos Butterfly minion.

I might make a Cyber/Contagion/Covert/Sensation/Confection counterpart in the future. These are all minibosses except for Corruption. They are all about as rare and powerful as a miniboss would be considered.

Last edited:
OkayI kind of want to brainstorm for ideas for a crossover biome.
Jungle/Corruption: Swooper: A giant corrupt slime which is slightly bigger than a mother slime. It has two Flying Fox wings, and is covered in purple vines. It has two vines that grow outwards with thorns at the end, similar to claws. Their AI is where they fly in the air, then occasionally swoop down in an arcing motion. When you kill them, it spawns a bunch of slimelings and drops corrupt vines. These corrupt vines are used for decoration.
Jungle/Crimson: Ichornet: A large hornet, about one half the size of a Queen Bee. It slowly moves through the air, while shooting tons of ichor stingers. These stingers have a chance of inflicting poison, ichor, or both. It moves somewhat quickly, and can fly through walls. It looks like a giant, obese, red hornet. It's abdomen will be filled with ichor, which will constantly be dripping from it's stinger. It has two, spindly, scarily long antennae. It can charge you, and will always cause ichor with that attack. When killed, it can drop the antennae grappling hook, and ichor stingers. These new stingers can be used to create various different ichor traps by combining the stingers with one Ice Core (Common drop from Ice Queen on last wave), some wires, and the trap you want to give ichor to. The purpose for this is to give you new toys to play with to see how quickly you can get through the Frost Moon now. Obviously, this might not work with the coming of 1.3 because this may be too OP for the new Lunar Event/Boss.
Jungle/Hallow: Chaotic Moth: A larger than normal moth which is as chaotic as the elementals that flies quickly, teleports, and shoots Hallow Orbs. These bounce on the ground, and if they make it to the walls, they bounce on those too. They do a lot of damage, but fortunately, they are slow enough to dodge easily. The moth uses a very erratic pattern, quickly jumping forward, then jumping backwards, and teleporting. They are hard to hit, but they have low defense so when you manage to get a shot in, it does a good amount of damage. When you kill it, it has a 1/10 chance to give you the Rod of Discord, and will drop the Chaos dust. This Chaos dust can be used to make a Chaos Moth Staff. This summons a Chaos Moth minion.

I might make a Cyber/Contagion/Covert/Sensation/Confection counterpart in the future. These are all minibosses except for Corruption. They are all about as rare and powerful as a miniboss would be considered.
Those are some interesting ideas. I think the Hallow enemy should be a butterfly instead of a moth though ;)

I love the new banner! :)

I would like a Corrupt/Crimson/Hallowed Jungle fusion or something, that would be super cool. A bunch of the other biomes have that, so why not Jungle?

I'll figure out some enemies, and blocks.

You wouldn't believe how many worlds I would start up in hopes of getting a good world generation, only then to be really angry to find the crimson right in the middle of the jungle biome

Back
Top Bottom