Weapons & Equip Scan Cannon and Flashlight - Mapping Tools for the Completionist

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Have you ever looked at your map and wished there weren't so many dark areas? Have you ever used the Clentaminator and thought "Dang! This is really good at mapping! Why does it have to be so expensive to use?" Well, the solution is here! These tools are designed for all of your mapping needs!

scan-cannon-png.126463

Scan Cannon
* Sold by the Cyborg for 2 Platinum.
* Shoots a narrow arc of glowing spheres that emit wide, dim light and pass through walls.
* Light reveals areas on the map even when off-screen.

This bad boy is the ultimate tool for mapping your world and eliminating dark areas from your minimap. Each ball of light removes a large swab of darkness and replaces it with a dimly lit area on your map. Sure, the price is steep, but it does a better job of mapping than the Clentaminator and doesn't cost a fortune to use. In fact, it costs nothing at all! Blast away the darkness to your hearts content.

Still a bit wary of that big price tag? Or maybe you just need something to spread a nice, even brightly lit area on your map without having to dance around with a torch? That's where this nifty little thing comes in handy!

flashlight-png.126473

Flashlight
* Sold by the Traveling Skeleton Merchant for 10 Gold. (Only during a New Moon.) (Thanks for the idea Nitramspook!)
* Casts an steady beam of light that doesn't pass through walls.
* Reaches the edge of the screen when unhindered.

This is for when you are trying to map a large area and you can't get a nice, even spread of light without painstakingly jumping around every inch with a simple light source such as a Torch or a Mining Helmet. With this thing, you can get a fully lit map Underground just like you get on the surface during the day. Might even be useful if you aren't a mapping enthusiast! Who knows!

Well, that's it for the suggestion! Feedback is appreciated. Let me know if you would find this useful!

Last edited:
I think the cost is too high, the only thing it does is reveal parts of the map. Other than that an alright suggestion.
I'ts like a Clentaminator, but you don't have to spend money on ammo and better at mapping (but doesn't convert biomes, obviously).

Spending two platinum on that thing would be more worthwhile than spending 1 plat on an Ice Rod, imho.

I'ts like a Clentaminator, but you don't have to spend money on ammo and better at mapping (but doesn't convert biomes, obviously).

Spending two platinum on that thing would be more worthwhile than spending 1 plat on an Ice Rod, imho.
The maximum I would give is 1.5 Platinum.

The maximum I would give is 1.5 Platinum.
And I would be willing to spend 2 plat on it, because I would like too, just like most items sold for a lot of money, this one is optional, it isn't needed, but it is a nice thing to show off to your friends: 'Look, I have enough money for this!'

no support because it's not called "scannon"

I would really love to have the flashlight's lighting, because it sounds nice even when you aren't mapping.

Have you ever looked at your map and wished there weren't so many dark areas? Have you ever used the Clentaminator and thought "Dang! This is really good at mapping! Why does it have to be so expensive to use?" Well, the solution is here! These tools are designed for all of your mapping needs!

scan-cannon-png.126463

Scan Cannon
* Sold by the Cyborg for 2 Platinum.
* Shoots a narrow arc of glowing spheres that emit wide, dim light and pass through walls.
* Light reveals areas on the map even when off-screen.

This bad boy is the ultimate tool for mapping your world and eliminating dark areas from your minimap. Each ball of light removes a large swab of darkness and replaces it with a dimly lit area on your map. Sure, the price is steep, but it does a better job of mapping than the Clentaminator and doesn't cost a fortune to use. In fact, it costs nothing at all! Blast away the darkness to your hearts content.

Still a bit wary of that big price tag? Or maybe you just need something to spread a nice, even brightly lit area on your map without having to dance around with a torch? That's where this nifty little thing comes in handy!

flashlight-png.126473

Flashlight
* Sold by the Traveling Skeleton Merchant for 10 Gold. (Only during a New Moon.) (Thanks for the idea Nitramspook!)
* Casts an steady beam of light that doesn't pass through walls.
* Reaches the edge of the screen when unhindered.

This is for when you are trying to map a large area and you can't get a nice, even spread of light without painstakingly jumping around every inch with a simple light source such as a Torch or a Mining Helmet. With this thing, you can get a fully lit map Underground just like you get on the surface during the day. Might even be useful if you aren't a mapping enthusiast! Who knows!

Well, that's it for the suggestion! Feedback is appreciated. Let me know if you would find this useful!
I think that the scan cannon should do some form of damage
Also Support 0w0

Sounds gr8 m8 I r8 8/8 don't h8 appreci8.

On a less abbrevi(8)ed note, this is a really good idea, and I like the price. (Apparently contrary to most other's opinions) If you think about it, if you were to use the Clentaminator to light up a world, you'd have to pay 2 plat for the Clentaminator, and probably and extra 5+ (Rough estimate, probably more) for the solution. (On a small world!) With this, it's only a 2 plat flat rate.

Anyway, support!

Back
Top Bottom