NPCs & Enemies Shimmer Transformations for the Town Pets and Slimes

index.php

One of the amazing features introduced in 1.4.4 was the ability to change the look of your Town NPCs using Shimmer. However, Town Slimes and Pets were left out and don't transform at all when submerged in Shimmer. I think it's about time this changed and we got some transformations for our favorite fluffy friends and jiggly pals.

When Town Pets are submerged in Shimmer they would cycle through their different breeds. This would be similar to using a Pet License but with the difference being that the Cat, Dog, or Bunny would keep their name. This would allow players to have currently impossible breed and name combinations like a Corgi named Daisy, a Black Cat named Momo, or a Silver Bunny named Cinnabun. Of course, there is also the other option of having the pets transform into magical creatures like a hellhound, a rainbow pop tart cat, or a jackalope. However, this would require creating sprite sheets for 18 different alternate pets which sounds like a lot of work for Crowno and Jim.
Shimmer Town Pets.png

The Town Slimes would all have alternate forms that reimagine their original designs, just like all the Town NPC's Shimmered forms. I'm still working on the designs for the Town Slimes but I'll update ya'll as I finish them. Also if you have some ideas for the Town Slimes I would love to hear them.

Squire Slime (DONE): Bright orange with a palladium helmet and shortsword.
Nerdy Slime: ?
Clumsy Slime: ?
Surly Slime: ?
Cool Slime: ?
Mystic Slime: ?
Elderly Slime: ?
Diva Slime: ?
Shimmer-Town-Slimes.gif

Last edited:
index.php

One of the amazing features introduced in 1.4.4 was the ability to change the look of your Town NPCs using Shimmer. However, Town Slimes and Pets were left out and don't transform at all when submerged in Shimmer. I think it's about this changed and we got some transformations for our favorite fluffy friends and wiggly pals.

When Town Pets are submerged in Shimmer they would cycle through their different breeds. This would be similar to using a Pet License but with the difference being that the Cat, Dog, or Bunny would keep their name. This would allow players to have currently impossible breed and name combinations like a Corgi named Daisy, a Black Cat named Momo, or a Silver Bunny named Cinnabun. Of course, there is also the other option of having the pets transform into magical creatures like a hellhound, a rainbow pop tart cat, or a jackalope. However, this would require creating sprite sheets for 18 different alternate pets which sounds like a lot of work for Crowno.
View attachment 405561
The Town Slimes would all have alternate forms that reimagine their original designs, just like all the Town NPCs Shimmered forms. But besides having some general ideas, I'm kinda stumped on what to do for each Slime's alternate look. That's why I'm asking for help with brainstorming some ideas! In general, I want each slime to have the same face as the original, a similar color to the original so they still make a rainbow when together, and for their accessory/hat to still match their name. Here are my ideas so far...

Squire Slime (DONE): Bright orange with a palladium helmet.
Nerdy Slime: Ultramarine blue, accessory/hat?
Clumsy Slime: Magenta, ice cream cone on head?
Surly Slime: Deep red, accessory/hat?
Cool Slime: Viridian green, accessory/hat?
Mystic Slime: Sunshine yellow, something honey related or a witch hat?
Elderly Slime: Grey, accessory/hat?
Diva Slime: Rainbow, accessory/hat?
View attachment 405562
I can't wait to hear your ideas!:dryadsmile:
I would honestly love to have Nyan Cat in my towns-
Support

index.php

One of the amazing features introduced in 1.4.4 was the ability to change the look of your Town NPCs using Shimmer. However, Town Slimes and Pets were left out and don't transform at all when submerged in Shimmer. I think it's about this changed and we got some transformations for our favorite fluffy friends and wiggly pals.

When Town Pets are submerged in Shimmer they would cycle through their different breeds. This would be similar to using a Pet License but with the difference being that the Cat, Dog, or Bunny would keep their name. This would allow players to have currently impossible breed and name combinations like a Corgi named Daisy, a Black Cat named Momo, or a Silver Bunny named Cinnabun. Of course, there is also the other option of having the pets transform into magical creatures like a hellhound, a rainbow pop tart cat, or a jackalope. However, this would require creating sprite sheets for 18 different alternate pets which sounds like a lot of work for Crowno.
View attachment 405561
The Town Slimes would all have alternate forms that reimagine their original designs, just like all the Town NPCs Shimmered forms. But besides having some general ideas, I'm kinda stumped on what to do for each Slime's alternate look. That's why I'm asking for help with brainstorming some ideas! In general, I want each slime to have the same face as the original, a similar color to the original so they still make a rainbow when together, and for their accessory/hat to still match their name. Here are my ideas so far...

Squire Slime (DONE): Bright orange with a palladium helmet.
Nerdy Slime: Ultramarine blue, accessory/hat?
Clumsy Slime: Magenta, ice cream cone on head?
Surly Slime: Deep red, accessory/hat?
Cool Slime: Viridian green, accessory/hat?
Mystic Slime: Sunshine yellow, something honey related or a witch hat?
Elderly Slime: Grey, accessory/hat?
Diva Slime: Rainbow, accessory/hat?
View attachment 405562
I can't wait to hear your ideas!:dryadsmile:
Corgi gets a crown and a royal cape with the name sir charles elizibeth, diva slime gets wings and a silver crown like the slime queen named queen diva, clumsy slime gets a luminite arrow in his head named brian, dalmation gets a firefighter outfits and gets named flambé, siamese cat becomes the minecraft tuxedo cat and named jellie, and finally, the chest you find the brown slime in becomes a demon chest

Back
Top Bottom