Items - Shimmered Talisman - Become insubstantial while maintaining the ability to move!

Rexsilion26

Terrarian
Do you know the Shimmering debuff?
This debuff that you get when you touch shimmer causes you to become insubstantial and pass through blocks.
-
However, you cannot move freely with this debuff.
If we were able to do this, it would be like being in ghost mode when we die with a Hardcore character.
-
Of course, if we were able to attack enemies and they couldn't do anything to us that would be very OP.
But my idea focuses more on providing us with a way to explore our map more easily, without having to leave it full of holes, looking like an anthill.
-
Add a drop for Lunatic Cultist: Broken Talisman
-
Broken Talisman - "This talisman is broken. Perhaps it can be fixed somehow."
-
By throwing the Broken Talisman at Shimmer, he would convert into the Shimmered Talisman.
-
Shimmered Talisman (Accessory) - Allows the user to become insubstantial while maintaining their ability to move. Press up twice to activate.
-

- Important Details -
(Read it all carefully)

-
The effect given by Shimmered Talisman will allow the player to cross blocks while preventing him from using weapons and tools.
Actually, the player can use them, however, any interaction with anything will deactivate the talisman's effect, making you vulnerable.
-
The talisman grants vision with full illumination. To be able to see in dark places.

-
It will also remove any potion effects and summons/sentries you have.
-
You will also not be able to collect items.
-
Similar to Potion of Return, it will save the location in which it was activated, and when it is deactivated it will send you back there.
-
The Shimmered Talisman has a 60 Second Cooldown before it can be activated again.
-
So, you can be immaterial as long as you want, allowing you to explore your world more easily.
But the moment you want to interact with something you will lose the effect and have to wait 60 seconds before you can activate it again.
-

Last edited:
How would you move left and right with this? Normal Shimmered! Makes you just walk through blocks like they were water, and. It having solid ground beneath you manned it very hard to move horizontally with efficiency. Would this make all blocks act like water is you hold down but platforms if you don’t?

How would you move left and right with this? Normal Shimmered! Makes you just walk through blocks like they were water, and. It having solid ground beneath you manned it very hard to move horizontally with efficiency. Would this make all blocks act like water is you hold down but platforms if you don’t?
Do you know the Hardcore character mode?
-
When you die in this mode, you become a ghost and can walk through blocks.
The effect of this talisman would be similar, but you would maintain your normal mobility.
-
The recommended thing would be to have wings and infinite flight.
-
When you activate the talisman, you will start falling through the blocks, as if there was nothing.
That's why wings are recommended and that's why it's a Lunatic Cultis item.
Because at that point you should already have a wing and perhaps infinite flight.

I would love this as long as you balance it such that you can't do any damage while in that state
It's already said in the post that you can't interact with anything while you're inmaterial.
If you use a tool, a weapon, or interact with something like a bed, sofa, activate a switch, etc., you will be vulnerable again and the cooldown will be 60 seconds.

Do you know the Hardcore character mode?
-
When you die in this mode, you become a ghost and can walk through blocks.
The effect of this talisman would be similar, but you would maintain your normal mobility.
-
The recommended thing would be to have wings and infinite flight.
-
When you activate the talisman, you will start falling through the blocks, as if there was nothing.
That's why wings are recommended and that's why it's a Lunatic Cultis item.
Because at that point you should already have a wing and perhaps infinite flight.
Could you at least make it slightly slower than you'd be moving normally? Like, 75% slower?

Do you know the Shimmering debuff?
This debuff that you get when you touch shimmer causes you to become insubstantial and pass through blocks.
-
However, you cannot move freely with this debuff.
If we were able to do this, it would be like being in ghost mode when we die with a Hardcore character.
-
Of course, if we were able to attack enemies and they couldn't do anything to us that would be very OP.
But my idea focuses more on providing us with a way to explore our map more easily, without having to leave it full of holes, looking like an anthill.
-
Add a drop for Lunatic Cultist: Broken Talisman
-
Broken Talisman - "This talisman is broken. Perhaps it can be fixed somehow."
-
By throwing the Broken Talisman at Shimmer, he would convert into the Shimmered Talisman.
-
Shimmered Talisman (Accessory) - Allows the user to become insubstantial while maintaining their ability to move. Press up twice to activate.
-

- Important Details -
(Read it all carefully)

-
The effect given by Shimmered Talisman will allow the player to cross blocks while preventing him from using weapons and tools.
Actually, the player can use them, however, any interaction with anything will deactivate the talisman's effect, making you vulnerable.
-
The talisman grants vision with full illumination. To be able to see in dark places.

-
It will also remove any potion effects and summons/sentries you have.
-
You will also not be able to collect items.
-
Similar to Potion of Return, it will save the location in which it was activated, and when it is deactivated it will send you back there.
-
The Shimmered Talisman has a 60 Second Cooldown before it can be activated again.
-
So, you can be immaterial as long as you want, allowing you to explore your world more easily.
But the moment you want to interact with something you will lose the effect and have to wait 60 seconds before you can activate it again.
-
This is essentially a reconnaissance mode.

I don't see the point.
What's wrong with moving at your character's normal speed while passing through blocks?
The item is intended to facilitate complete exploration of the map.
-
But I will think about it if you give me a good reason.
Hmmmmmmm.
I dunno, I just think being able to move at normal speed & phase through blocks (with infinite flight (and not take (or deal) damage)) is a bit overpowered.
But I guess it is near the end of the game, so...

Back
Top Bottom