Other Literature Shining Will: Characters and Background

Heya! Thanks for stopping by, welcome to the Shining Will universe! The focus for this thread has shifted quite a bit from when I first made it a couple months ago, so I'm updating it now to get you guys/gals/non-binary pals caught up with how I'm showing ya'll these characters and stories.

As for character bios and writing, I've taken more of a wiki style approach to this thread. You should be able to open this thread and get immediately caught up to the universe's current point after reading every characters, what we will now refer to as, article. That means that instead of writing all of the events that have happened, I'll be summarizing all of the important battles, character moments, and other important events in one long, seperate article at the end of each group of characters. This is to get you caught up with the story is quickly as possible, so I can work on new writing and characters. I may go back and write out specific battles and character interactions at a later date, but for now this is the fastest way to explain the current state of the Shining Will universe. Currently, Sylvie is exempt to this change due to her needing a rewrite.

As for when you can expect updates, essentially I'll write when I want to, but if I'm around on the forums more likely than not you'll get something sometime during the month.

Eventually, once everything is documented, I'll make a new thread for new stories involving new or existing characters, and this thread will be updated as events in the other thread are written.

That should be all, keep in mind that Sylvie still needs to be rewritten..
Enjoy your reading!

Oh, and surnames aren't real. Why? Because shut up!

Last edited:
Shine
The Form of Power

Shine is one of the two foundational components of the Shining Will universe, being the essence of power and also functioning as a power scaler. Shine is a necessary part of anything living, as everything needs some amount of power to function.

What is Shine?
Simply put, Shine is an element composed entirely of energy. When infused into a being Shine gives it the energy it contains which in turn gives the being power. Shine gives you your strength, your endurance, your speed; if you have enough of it Shine also gives you abnormal abilities such as teleportation, temporary invulnerability, accelerated healing, and other powers that would be seen as atypical. Some universes have their own abilities exclusive to that universe, such as Soulkey Weapons in the Terraria Calamity universe, or Battle Bond in the Pokemon universe. Using these abilities would drain Shine from your body, however you can replenish your Shine by simply resting and not using any abilities or powers that would drain your Shine. The maximum amount of Shine a being could contain is defined by its Shine Level.

Shine Levels
A beings Shine capacity is set by its Shine Level. A creature would have more energy, be much stronger, and be able to use more abilities as well as unlocking new abilities the higher its Shine Level is. Shine Levels come in eight different levels: Spark, Glint, Glow, Shine, Radiance, Ascended Radiance, Brilliant Shine, and Fluctuating.
Spark is by far the weakest, beings with only a Spark don't even have the energy to walk very far, much less be able to fight. However, the Spark stage is necessary for almost every being, as its one of only 2 Shine Levels that can shift into a new Shine level without the help of Will, with Spark being able to become a Glint, Glow, Shine, or Radiance. Some beings are exempt from this process, as they could naturally start at a higher Shine Level than usual, or just stay as Sparks for all of their life.
Glint is the most common Shine Level, as it is the universal standard after growing out of being a Spark. Glints have pretty average strength and endurance, and have normal levels of energy. Very uninteresting to describe.
Glow is a good bit rarer than a Glint, being above average in most metrics. Glows have strength, endurance, and speed that would be around peak of their species, making them threatening foes or very strong allies.
Around here is sort of a divide in the Shine Levels, as everything before this has been pretty normal stuff. After this is when we get to the almost godly stuff.
Shine
lvl (differentiated with a small "lvl") is incredibly rare, and incredibly powerful. This is the Shine Level that grants access to abilities, with the range of energy allowing only abilities like temporarily heightened strength or endurance, increased perceptiveness, brief future sight, or anything else in that range of power. Not only do Shinelvl holders have abilities, but they also have incredible physical and mental strength (to be clear, having a lot of mental strength doesn't necessarily make you smart), making them by far the strongest level of Shine that doesn't make you a literal god.
Radiance is mostly inhabited by godly beings. Having a Shine Level of Radiance gives you access to much stronger abilities such as time control, limited range teleportation, creating rifts in space, and other abilities that are just obscenely overpowered. At this point a being has so much energy that they've lost the need for any activities that would normally replenish Shine, such as sleeping.
Ascended Radiance is almost exclusively accessed by activating Will. There is another way to become Ascended Radiance, that being having a Fluctuating Shine Level and setting yourself to Ascended Radiance, but nothing is created with the level Ascended Radiance.
Brilliant Shine is the strongest Shine Level, with unmatched physical strength, endurance, speed, really just about anything. Brilliant Shine beings also have any ability you could really think of, though are still bound by rules. Beings with Brilliant Shine cannot instantly destroy beings without the use of an attack, they cannot use an unbreakable mind control, they cannot change a beings thoughts, and most importantly, NONE of them are immortal. There are other rules, which will be defined when needed.
Fluctuating beings are able to change their Shine Level to almost all of the existing Shine Levels without the need for Will, except for Brilliant Shine, which does require Will. There are currently only 2 beings the the entire Shining Will multiverse that have a Fluctuating Shine Level, and neither of them can use it intentionally.

Glowing Eyes
If a being with Shine Level of Shine
lvl or above uses an ability or through other specified means, one or both eyes will glow with a pale yellow 4 pronged star. Very rarely, the color of this glow may change depending on the being.

Interactions with Will
A beings Shine Level can be increased with the use of Will, requiring different steps to activate depending on the universe. Shine and Will are both necessary components in any sentient living being, meaning they both require each other to properly function.

Last edited:
Will
The Form of Motive.

Will is of the two foundational components of the Shining Will universe, being the essence of motivation and also functioning as a gateway to activating universe-specific Shine abilities. Will is a necessary part of anything living, as everything needs some amount of motivation to do anything, even if they are motivated to do nothing.

What is Will?
Simply put, Will is an element that composed of motivation. When infused into a being, Will grants a being the motive and the drive to do anything it wants to achieve. Will gives you the motivation to do anything ever, including nothing. Will allows a being to use the energy Shine gives it, and Shine allows a being to do something with the motivation given by Will, which is why the two work harmoniously together. Will also allows you to use universe-specific Shine abilities, such as Soulflame Weapons in the Terraria: Calamity universe, if to reuse a past example.

Activation of Will
Will needs to fulfill a specific set of conditions to activate a universe-specific Shine ability. These conditions are different across different universes, so explaining every single activation condition here would be a waste. Will's activation condition for a specific universe will be explained in that universe's initial worldbuilding post.

Interactions with Shine
As stated before, a being needs Will to activate abilities with Shine, but it can also ascend a being's Shine Level up by one, or more if the being is especially willful, stage whenever they activate their Will, with the exception of Brilliant Shine, as that is the highest tier of Shine attainable. Activation of Will also allows most beings with a Shine Level of Shinelvl to make one or both of their eyes glow a yellow four-pronged star, or in rarer cases a different colored star.

Closing
Yeah, I know, much shorter than Shine's rewrite, but the bulk of that was just explaining Shine Levels, which added like 3 paragraphs worth of text to a short article. The next rewrite will likely be Jirel, and the next written character will be Stephanie, once she reaches a certain boss in my current Death Mode Calamity playthrough. For now, see you guys next time!

Last edited:
JIREL
Supreme Deity of Shining Light
&
Supreme Deity of Insurmountable Will
Jirel is the creator deity of the Shining Will multiverse, with origins spanning as far back to before it's existence. Jirel passively watches as events play out in the universes it creates for it's own entertainment, while dispatching most of the lower level universe management stuff to Sylvie.

Appearance
Jirel is a being that can change into whatever form it desires, though there are three notable ones.

Jirel's True Form is an amorphous blob of coalesced Shine and Will, all swirling and writhing while still maintaining consistent shape as one being. It cycles through pale yellow, cyan, and magenta as Shine and Will course through it, with the magenta being more representative of it's own identity.

Though it is ultimately genderless, Jirel's Shine Form takes the appearance of a towering 8'4" male, with pale skin that has an ethereal glow to it, long pale yellow hair that flows all the way down and past his feet, and magenta eyes with white pupils that give off a subtle glow in the iris. He wears a long, yellow, buttoned overcoat, along with matching yellow slacks. Jirel's eyes always look judgmental in this form, regardless of the actual emotion that's supposed to be conveyed.

Similarly, Jirel's Will Form takes the appearance of an incredibly tall 8'2" female, with pale ethereal skin, short cyan hair that cuts off right where her neck ends and torso begins, and magenta eyes with white pupils, a subtle glow permeating in the iris. She wears an extremely long unbuttoned cyan trench coat that goes down past her feet, which overlay's her pale yellow undershirt and long cyan pants that reach past her ankles. Jirel's eyes always look tired in this form, eyebags and all, regardless of how energetic she is.

Personality & Traits
Similarly, Jirel changes it's personality depending on who it is talking to, though there is one more commonly used one, along with being the one used around Sylvie, that points to it being it's 'true' personality.

Jirel is surprisingly sweet for a deity, and rather nice at that. It's generous, and always looks to bring the best out in any who meet it. Though, that does not stop it from being dangerously competent and deathly serious when need be, interacting with a standoffish coldness that one rarely can feel when talking to anything else, other than Sylvie. Still, it likes to watch as people it takes an interest in make their way through life in the universes it had created, a journey that usually ends in meeting Jirel. When this happens, it changes it's form to appeal to whatever concept of a god the person has in mind, and if there is none applicable it uses either it's Shine or Will form, depending on what advantages the physical characteristics of said form would give it.

Origin (Part One)
The beginning of both Jirel and the Shining Will multiverse are the exact same. Untold eons ago, in a time never recorded, only remembered by Jirel itself, all that existed was Shine and Will. The two elements aimlessly floated in space, sparsely interacting, occasionally creating things. If it continued like this, eventually enough things would be made to constitute a big bang, similar to how our own universe formed. Instead, however, an extremely large patch of Shine eventually collided with an extremely large patch of Will, creating... an incongruent mess.

The mass writhed and churned, pale yellow, cyan, and pink all clashing for control in this one mold of elements, and it remained in constant conflict with itself for millennia, until eventually... it stopped. The blob still writhed, but not in conflict. In autonomy. The blob then aimlessly floated, not able to be called life yet, until it interacted with and absorbed another, smaller, patch of Will. It fought to assimilate the patch into it's 'body', until it finally did. This extra Will gave the mound one thing: sentience. It became aware of it's own existence, and started moving around on it's own.

The mass kept floating through space, continuously absorbing both Shine and Will, and the more patches of Will it absorbed, the more functions it gained, with the Shine it amassed being able to support it. It became able to interact with the world, create small things, manipulate some amounts of Shine and Will, which it used to assimilate more of the elements into it's being, until it developed one core thing: the ability to think. Now with not only thoughts, but emotions, the mound started to more effectively absorb and bring itself up, while starting to question what it was. It wandered as it searched for an answer to it's existence, gathering more Shine and Will and absorbing it into itself with increasing ease. Eventually, it became able to create more things at will, like stars, and the foundations for planets, and it did just that. Numerous stars were created and spread out far and wide, just for the blob's fun and to appease it's curiosity, though the question of it's purpose remained unanswered. The mass didn't even have a name. So it continued to absorb more of the Shine and Will around it, it's abilities continuing to grow. Eventually, it became capable of creating life. It's first attempts at it were just some plants, sent to a planet so they could live. The blob then left the planet alone, continuing to gorge itself on Shine and Will, until it eventually happened upon the planet again, and was shocked.

There was more than just the plants it had made. Through a complicated process of evolution and perfect conditions the mass had made unintentionally, the planet developed into it's own ecosystem capable of supporting more life than just the plants. The plants themselves managed to evolve into new life, with animals and new plants thriving in a sustainable ecosystem. The mound was surprised and in awe of what it had created, and wanted to do it again. And so it did, numerous times, until tons of planets were populated by life and sustainable environments. The joy the blob felt in creating was matched by nothing it had ever done previously, and instead of finding it's purpose, it decided to instead make it's purpose to create and cultivate life. Though, the mass still didn't have a name, and that troubled it. To remedy this, the blob decided to listen into the sounds of one of the planets, hearing the noises the native creatures made, until the noise of one creature caught it's eye. This amphibian creature made a strange noise when it called into the night to locate other's of it's kind. The noise sounded strange, but comprehensible. Based on what the mound believed the noise to be, it decided to name itself after what it heard: Jirel. A reminder of the life it had created, and it's new purpose, based on the noise of an amphibian creature. Jirel, now with it's initial question answered, then had a new question: how?

Closing
Oh my god it's actually been a year since I said I would rewrite this, but here we are. Sylvie's gonna get rewritten tomorrow, I planned to do both today, but Jirel eventually ended up getting so big that I had to split the rewrites into two different days, sorry. Cya'll tomorrow.

Last edited:
SYLVIE
The First Protagonist

Sylvie is likely the second-most powerful being in the universe, right behind Jirel itself. With a Shine Level of Radiance, most foes crumble beneath her combat prowess, whether she needs to use swords or even just her fists, her skill is matched by none. Despite this, she rarely fights. She prefers to monitor the journeys of the other Protagonists and support when she deems it necessary. Most Protagonists journeys are unable to be accomplished without intervention from Sylvie, whether they know it or not.

 Origin: Sylvie awakes standing on... nothing. Nothing at all, yet her feet stays planted. Sylvie already knows who she is. In fact, she has been given memories of a life never lived. To her, she had just been sucked into a portal after slaying a beast threatening her town. These memories, are actually Jirel's first attempt at creating its stories, and the start of the Protagonist system. Now, Sylvie stands im front of a formless mass of Shine and Will. This mass is Jirel, though this isnt known to Sylvie yet. Jirel then speaks for the first time, and it is a question addressed to Sylvie. It asked "What is my form?". Sylvie is simultaneously awestruck and afraid of what floats in front of her, but as if influenced to think by an outside force, Sylvie begins wondering what an ideal human would look like. She finally has an answer for it, but she doesnt need to reply at all, as Jirel has already taken its 2 new forms. Sylvie thought of 2, both very similar in design, long overcoat the same bright yellow color of Shine, shirt and pants the turquoise color of Will, eyes the same purply-pink of the space surrounding them, but she pondered on either a male with short, Shine colored hair, or a female with long, wavy, Will colored hair. Jirel chose both. Being able to switch between both forms at any time, Jirel now had a body, or bodies. It chose its female form for the time being, and spoke to Sylvie again. "Thank you." she said "I was never able to think of a perfect form, so I chose to consult you, dear friend.". Sylvie was confused at the wording "dear friend", considering the two just now met for the first time. "I sense your thoughts" Jirel said, "I saved you from a disaster wrought upon your planet." This was a lie, as planets only existed a couple hours ago. "Immediately after you slew that great beast, more of its kind appeared to destroy your planet. For your heroism, I've brought you here so you'd be spared." This too, was a lie. Sylvie's memories were fabricated by Jirel to ease her in to being with it. Sylvie was none the wiser, so she was incredibly grateful for Jirel "saving" her. This finally sparked a friendship between the two that would last for trillions of years, even if the means weren't... exactly acceptable. Though, they were still standing on nothing in the middle of space, so at Sylvie's suggestion, Jirel spawned in a... surprisingly normal house. This then begins our story, and creates "The Origin".

Ok! That was quite a bit of story for a day, and I never actually planned most of it. See, most of this universe had characters without much of a overarching story. Every story was very self encompassing, and even then most of the middle bits of story were glossed over for the action scenes, ESPECIALLY the Terraria Calamity story. But we're here for how I created these 2 characters, starting with Jirel.

Of all the OC's I've made, Jirel has gone through the most changes. So Jirel's initial version was actually a really dumb self insert. It was me, acted like me, looked like me, and had my real name, which I obviously won't say here. But once I grew a bit older and realized that that was incredibly stupid, I chose to keep everything but the name and gender, switching her name Jordan and genderswapping her to a boy. Then I started to think that the universe being created and ruled by a Deity that looks and acts like a 11 year old is really kinda maybe sorta incredibly stupid. Which is when I finally came up with Jirel. Well, everything but the name and gender. At this point everything was identical to Jirel now, but she was unnamed and rather than changing genders when it saw fit, she was back to being a girl. It's only been since late 2022 that I've given Jirel the name Jirel. And it's only been since last month that I decided that it'd make more sense for a being like Jirel to be formless at the core, but can change form and gender whenever it's convenient for the situation. And that's how Jirel came to be today! And ya know what? ALL of Jirel and Sylvies origin was made up WHILE WRITING HERE. So the current version of Jirel has only really existed since YESTERDAY.

And as for Sylvie, she was just a character from a dream I had that I kinda just rolled with. Her personality and design were identical, I just ended up really loving the character, and is now probably my favorite of the completed original characters!

And now time for the Terraria characters! That'll be for tomorrow though, along with a Terraria exclusive concept! Cya'll tomorrow!

Hey uhh, actually, I want to give quite a few more details on Jirel and Sylvie, as a missed out on the most important thing of a character bio, that being character information. So yeah, let's start.

JIREL
Gender: Genderless in base form, Form A is male, Form B is female.
Appearance: Base form is a malleable substance made of large amounts of Shine and Will, Form A is a roughly 6"3 male with faintly glowing pale skin, wearing a cyan undershirt, white pants, an unbuttoned pale yellow coat, and short cyan hair. Form B is a roughly 6"0 female with faintly glowing pale skin, wearing a pale yellow shirt, long, white pants, a buttoned cyan coat that reaches to her ankles, and long, flowing pale yellow hair.
Personality: Changes completely depending on who its talking to, though when alone or with Sylvie it is a very kind and generous being who is incredibly invested in the tales of its Protagonists.

SYLVIE
Appearance: 5"11 white female with short silver hair, wearing a dark blue shirt, dark blue jeans, and a long, purple, overcoat.
Personality: When with others is incredibly kind, courteous, and welcoming. Though when she is alone she becomes incredibly serious, always in a busy mood as she rearranges strings in the shadows to make a Protagonists journey smoother.

SOULFLAME
Soulflame is a way to represent a Terrarians governing emotion. Every color of Soulflame corresponds with a different emotion, and that emotion will drive any given Terrarians actions. Soulflame colors CAN change, but only from an event that bring out powerful enough emotion to either change, extinguish, or ignite a new color of Soulflame. Multiple colors of Soulflame can exist in in one soul, which is called Soulflame Mixing. Soulflame colors can also fuse to make different, more complicated emotions; this process is known as Soulflame Fusion. Soulflame has 4 default colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, and Grey, which represent Anger, Happiness, Fear, and Sadness respectively. There are some primary emotions that come from Soulflame Fusion, those being Confusion, Disgust, and Resolve, represented by Orange, Green, and Purple respectively. Soulflame fusion doesn't fuse the color itself, but the emotion associated, hence why Anger and Fear create Disgust, even though Red and Blue make Purple, not Green. Will also activates in Terrarians only through Soulflame, requiring a mix of all 4 primary emotions, alongside Resolve, when all 5 are gathered, they dissipate, and the Cyan color of Will takes their place.

Wow, this should've been out by April! I had been busy on other things, namely School. Next up, the Terraria OC's!

Last edited:
Glad to meet you. I am a Chinese.I think your idea is very interesting.
SOULFLAME
Soulflame is a way to represent a Terrarians governing emotion. Every color of Soulflame corresponds with a different emotion, and that emotion will drive any given Terrarians actions. Soulflame colors CAN change, but only from an event that bring out powerful enough emotion to either change, extinguish, or ignite a new color of Soulflame. Multiple colors of Soulflame can exist in in one soul, which is called Soulflame Mixing. Soulflame colors can also fuse to make different, more complicated emotions; this process is known as Soulflame Fusion. Soulflame has 4 default colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, and Grey, which represent Rage, Happiness, Fear, and Sadness respectively. There are some primary emotions that come from Soulflame Fusion, those being Confusion, Disgust, and Resolve, represented by Orange, Green, and Purple respectively. Soulflame fusion doesn't fuse the color itself, but the emotion associated, hence why Rage and Fear create Disgust, even though Red and Blue make Purple, not Green. Will also activates in Terrarians only through Soulflame, requiring a mix of all 4 primary emotions, alongside Resolve, when all 5 are gathered, they dissipate, and the Cyan color of Will takes their place.

Wow, this should've been out by April! I had been busy on other things, namely School. Next up, the Terraria OC's!

Emerald (T)
Universally Torn Grand Summoner

Emerald (T) is a variant of Emerald, ripped from her home in Hoenn by Terraria itself to be its defense. Originally being a Pokemon trainer, she very quickly decided on summoning minions for her to command, using various whips as secondary weapons.

Appearance

Standing at 5"6 Emerald's on the shorter side compared to the majority of characters I've come up with. She has tan skin due to her constantly being outside in the tropical climate of Hoenn, emerald green eyes, and long black hair.
When Emerald first arrives to the world of Terraria she's wearing her standard look of a dark green v-neck with cut off sleeves and a shiny Wooper design in the center of the shirt, black athletic shorts, and jet black running shoes. As for her accessories, she wears a digital watch on her right wrist, and she has the knotted hair band thing ORAS May wears, only Emerald has it in green instead of red. By the end of her journey in Terraria she is fully clad in Stardust Armor.

Personality & Traits
With a Soulflame Mix of Happiness and Excitement (Excitement is the result of fusing Happiness with Happiness, creating a chartreuse Soulflame color), Emerald is incredibly energetic and optimistic, she keeps her energy and excitement all of the time, even when she's fighting incredibly dangerous enemies like bosses. Due to this excessive amount of energy she always thinks and acts much faster than most, usually to her detriment. She's always incredibly supportive of anyone around her and treasures her friends dearly. Because of her nature she rarely gets sad, so she's never activated Will before, unlike her normal counterpart.

Shine Level:  Shine

Woah that is a LOT! Gonna have a follow up like with Jirel and Sylvie tomorrow, so thanks for reading! And goodnight because it's almost 1 am.

Hey! I'm surprised I got this character out as fast as I did, considering her unique circumstance when it comes to her design. Truth be told, this was my first time really designing a character. In most situations my mind already knows what the character looks like, so I just settle on describing that image in my head. I had no such image for Emerald, because in my head Emerald was always represented by May. However, it was actually really fun coming up with a character design in only about a weeks time, it just took a while to get an image I was happy with in my head. I also kept ORAS May's head band thing as a reference to the character Emerald is based on.
Now, once I'm done with the Terraria OC's I'm rewriting both Shine and Will, their writing quality is much worse than what I can create now, so stay tuned!

Violet
Twilight-clad Machine Gun Master

Violet was the first ranger chosen by Terraria to be its defender. Incredibly skilled with bows and especially firearms, she can take out a room of enemies with ease, and obnoxiously gloat about it later.

Violet starts her journey at 17 years old, and defeats the Moon Lord shortly after she turns 19.

Appearance
As her name and title would suggest, she is covered head to toe in deep purple clothes, along with a Crimson Cloak, dyed with Twilight Dye. Armored, she has a full set of Shroomite Armor (mask equipped) dyed with the Twilight Dye. She wears her violet hair in a ponytail when she isn't wearing her helmet. She's 5'10.

Personality & Traits

Bearing the Soulfame color of Pride (composed of two Happiness flames and an Anger flame, they fuse into the burnt orange color of Pride), Violet is brash and arrogant to a fault. Rather annoying to be around, she'll constantly gloat about her victories and her skills when she isn't talking about anything else. What's more annoying is that Violet has the skills to back up her bragging. This rude and overtly prideful behavior of hers causes others to stay away from her, which while Violet would never admit it, creates a mix of Sadness and Pride in her soul.

Shine Level
Violet's Shine Level is Shine, accelerated to Radiance when she activates will (which she never has)

Last edited:
Alright, follow up time. If you managed to not notice, I went overboard with Violet's title. I've taken a lot of inspiration from RPG and fighting game titles (i.e Nezarec, Final God of Pain from Destiny 2, Sephiroth, One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy 7) and I find it incredibly fun to be as extra as possible with character titles nowadays. When Jirel and Sylvie get their rewrites, their titles will be updated accordingly.
Now as for the character herself, I actually don't have a whole lot to say. She's based off of one of my rangers, named *sighs* Purple Girl. Her original name is so bland and generic because that's how I was feeling at the time. I was incredibly unimaginative and didn't want to come up with a whole new character for a playthroughs I'd assume I'd just drop (I had a bad habit of making playthrough and never finishing them at the time) so I just made a character based on one color and ran with it. And, here we are now.

If you didn't come here from my profile status, yes this is a monthly thing now. Cya August!

Last edited:
Medusa
Unphased Verdant Blademaster
Medusa (technically Medusa (T)) was one of many warriors chosen by Terraria to be its defense against cosmic threats. Ripped from her home at a very young age, she has no memory of her original universe or who she was, making her practically a Terrarian. She is incredibly skilled with a variety of melee weapons, though she took a liking to anything with a blade, namely swords.

Late addition, if I decide to talk here I'll use forest green, or #228B22, just to differentiate between myself and the owner of this account. Any prior darker green messages were still me, I just needed a color more suited to my color palette than just dark green.

She was brought to Terraria at the age of 7, starts her journey to defeat the Moon Lord at 22 years old, and defeats the Moon Lord shortly before turning 23.

Appearance
Medusa themes herself around the color forest green despite not wearing that much of it, with her only piece of forest green clothing being her long sleeved shirt with a pine tree design on it. Her pants are jet black; her overcoat, which oddly enough, she wears with her long sleeved shirt, is jet black. Her shoes are, unsurprisingly, jet black. As for Medusa's physical appearance, she has dark black skin, stands at roughly 5'11, and has long, dyed forest green hair and naturally forest green eyes. When she's wearing armor, she wears Beetle Scale Mail which she somehow managed to dye forest green, and she never wears the helmet.

Personality/Character Traits
With a bright orange Soulflame color of Calmness (a rare Soulflame color that can be present without the need for fusion), Medusa is unbothered by just about everything. She could be fighting a dangerous boss, and not show a hint of fear, excitement, or anger. Medusa's incredibly stoic nature doesn't let her make many friends, but the few she does have see her as an incredibly powerful and trustworthy person. Due to the fact that she's never even had a different Soulflame color, she's never activated her will.

Shine Level
As with most protagonists, Medusa's Shine Level is Shine, if she could ever activate will she'd accelerate to Radiance.

Last edited:
Alright time for the follow-up. I made a MASSIVE mistake with Medusa and Violet. I managed to accidentally SWAP their classes, as Violet's original character Purple Girl was a Warrior, while Medusa was a Ranger. I had to write around that, which fortunately wasn't too hard since Violet didn't have a real character anyway before I documented her here and the inspiration for Medusa and the events that happen in her original universe have been changed to being non-canon ever since I decided to write my Terraria OC's. If I feel like it I may talk about Medusa's original universe and its characters later as a sort of bonus, but right now I want to stick to the things that are canon.

And about Medusa herself, she's just a cool spy woman. Nothing more, nothing less.

If only she knew...

Last edited:
Alrighty, that wraps up the normal Terraria OC's! These 3 arent actually getting anything written about them, though. Why? Because they never had any. All of my other characters had their own stories and such, but these 3 specifically never got anything because they're in a weird spot where they're important enough to document here, but not important enough to have any real writing.

Now that we're done with these 3, we can move on to the good stuff. Starting with Terraria Calamity. Cya next month!

Back
Top Bottom