Shotte's drawings, sketches and doodles

One more request.

A drawing of Berkhart. from her Blonde hair to her toes. Just to give everyone an idea of what they are up against when they anger her.

In that case, it'd probably be more prudent to just draw a picture of someone's intestines being pulled out via their eye-sockets!

That said, even though I've drawn Berkhart before, I can't help but think that by this point, I may as well leave it up to everyone's collective imagination to decide what she looks like. Besides, she doesn't look that terrifying (well, when she isn't kitted out), short of her callous, selfish eyes.

In that case, it'd probably be more prudent to just draw a picture of someone's intestines being pulled out via their eye-sockets!

That said, even though I've drawn Berkhart before, I can't help but think that by this point, I may as well leave it up to everyone's collective imagination to decide what she looks like. Besides, she doesn't look that terrifying (well, when she isn't kitted out), short of her callous, selfish eyes.

But-but-but.....

Imagination SUCKS.

Nope.

No opportunity here.

So......

Show us the picture you drew of Berkhart.

Or the teleportation of the one known as 'Shotte' to the place known as a 'bedroom' owned by the one known as 'Berkhart' will commence.
Then, the one known as 'Shotte' will feel the thing known as 'pain and suffering' from the one known as 'Berkhart'

Gotta love butchering the English language!

Oh noes. :eek:

Easier said than done, though - it ain't great, but that aside, it's in pencil which means it won't show up well at all. I don't think it does our (least) favourite Lady real justice, anyways! But I guess I'll see what I can do.

I was bored, so I doodled a mug-shot of Krieg Galbatore (with tha mouse):

pzHBhoO.png

Last edited:
Hello,

No new artworks to display, I'm afraid, but I instead pose an open question to any and all of you. I'll get down to brass tacks here. I draw a lot, everyone knows that! But sometimes it can be hard to muster up the enthusiasm to do so. I say this because, and I'll be blunt - my artwork is bad.

But not for the reasons I would expect. I am going to go out on a limb and say that technically, there is actually not a huge, incalculable gap in drawing skill between me and my friends @Milt69466 and @Samrux . Yet when you look at one of my pieces versus one of theirs, they are worlds apart in terms of their appealing-ness (is that even a word?) to the eye.

My problem is simple, and yet huge: my works seriously lack style. Milt and Sam both have their own personal, and great, artstyles; but when I look at one of my artworks, it's just kind of... bland. Dead. Even sloppy! The big problem of the hour though, is that I don't really have any clue to sort this out by myself. I need help! So to all of you reading this, please, please, please just see if you can think of a few adaptations I could make to try and make my work more stylized, professional, and just better overall. I know this is a big ask (and a weird one), but I promise that I'll always give any feedback I get a good try out.

To put it into perspective, I'd compare my art to that of Hitler (this is dangerous stuff already, haha!).

xwTc8cSb.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2gB-yx_pmJ.jpg

I mean, putting aside what we know of him, and looking at his piece with a purely critical eye - technically, it's not bad. But stylistically, it's very generic, very boring. And a good artwork should always have its style first and foremost!

That's all that I meant by my message. Hopefully I got my point across.

Anyways, thanks!

Try to think like a child if you want original pictures.

Hahaha! Well, damn - if anyone's got an underdeveloped, messed-up mind then it's gotta be me! I take your point, but I have to say that I honestly didn't think it was the topics I chose to draw that were at fault (even if a lot of them are in the same vein). I mean, the characters of Jordan, Cole, or say Wyvern's Draco or Eater's Marrick are interesting (to me at least) but it's my depiction of them which is where it falls down. I just don't do a satisfactory job of impressing their personalities onto the viewer!

Which a lot of people with less drawing skills achieve much more fluidly, and produce superior works as a result. I just wish I knew how to fix this... hm, should I draw more anime styled? I don't think I could. Or to exaggerate their faces, their expressions? Most of my characters do look quite similar in terms of their faces, and to some extent their bodies too... this is, perhaps, the root of my problem? But I cannot be sure.

Hahaha! Well, damn - if anyone's got an underdeveloped, messed-up mind then it's gotta be me! I take your point, but I have to say that I honestly didn't think it was the topics I chose to draw that were at fault (even if a lot of them are in the same vein). I mean, the characters of Jordan, Cole, or say Wyvern's Draco or Eater's Marrick are interesting (to me at least) but it's my depiction of them which is where it falls down. I just don't do a satisfactory job of impressing their personalities onto the viewer!

Which a lot of people with less drawing skills achieve much more fluidly, and produce superior works as a result. I just wish I knew how to fix this... hm, should I draw more anime styled? I don't think I could. Or to exaggerate their faces, their expressions? Most of my characters do look quite similar in terms of their faces, and to some extent their bodies too... this is, perhaps, the root of my problem? But I cannot be sure.
I use a template, then I alter the body however I need.

I use a template, then I alter the body however I need.

Hm, interesting. Your works, again, have far superior style to mine (speaking of which, post moar stoof!), yet for me I think the exact opposite might be true! I think that my similar heads and muscular builds are a big hindrance to me personally. Let me try and illustrate my point.

Let's compare two of my recent drawings - Jordan Webster and Krieg Galbatore.

5QKAcI0.png

Jordan, a younger lad aged 16, albeit one who is very tall and lanky! But not necessarily a juggernaut - his strength is very average, which is why he uses his machinations to do the fighting.

NCO4arH.png

Krieg. His armour aside, he's supposed to be basically a hulking behemoth of a man. Pushing 7 feet, and with the muscle-bound might to wield both a tower shield and a spear or greatsword with only one hand each! Also, a more experienced, hardened man at the age of 26.

But aside from Krieg's 'tree trunk' legs and his armour, they basically have the same body structure! And even anatomical similarities aside, what about personality? You know Jordan's already, but could you guess Krieg's? Looking at the picture alone, I sure can't... but then if you look at a work by Milt or Sam, or going completely off the deep end, Dai or Suweeka, all of them have the great ability to convey character in seconds.

Hm, interesting. Your works, again, have far superior style to mine (speaking of which, post moar stoof!), yet for me I think the exact opposite might be true! I think that my similar heads and muscular builds are a big hindrance to me personally. Let me try and illustrate my point.

Let's compare two of my recent drawings - Jordan Webster and Krieg Galbatore.

5QKAcI0.png

Jordan, a younger lad aged 16, albeit one who is very tall and lanky! But not necessarily a juggernaut - his strength is very average, which is why he uses his machinations to do the fighting.

NCO4arH.png

Krieg. His armour aside, he's supposed to be basically a hulking behemoth of a man. Pushing 7 feet, and with the muscle-bound might to wield both a tower shield and a spear or greatsword with only one hand each! Also, a more experienced, hardened man at the age of 26.

But aside from Krieg's 'tree trunk' legs and his armour, they basically have the same body structure! And even anatomical similarities aside, what about personality? You know Jordan's already, but could you guess Krieg's? Looking at the picture alone, I sure can't... but then if you look at a work by Milt or Sam, or going completely off the deep end, Dai or Suweeka, all of them have the great ability to convey character in seconds.
The legs are too small, look at the new Conquest.
image.jpg

I forgot to bend the right arm and the legs, oh well...

The legs are too small, look at the new Conquest.
View attachment 9571
I forgot to bend the right arm and the legs, oh well...

Wow, that looks great! Though I would cough out for a sheet of plain paper next time, if you don't mind me saying... haha!

I would say that with Jordan, that was a mite intentional. One lanky-:red: friend of mine, much like Jordan, has what I call 'chicken legs' - skinny legs which honestly look weird attached to his upper body! In fact, that's about the only way to tell him and Galbatore apart.

I appreciate your advice, don't get me wrong, but the thing is... it's like, I know there's anatomical issues with my work. They've been pointed out before often, and I've tried my darnedest to fix them. But I don't think it's a few body inaccuracies which are putting my work down in the ditch. Perhaps this is a stupid thing to say, but let's take Munch's 'The Scream' as an example. Obviously, that isn't anatomically correct! But the style and personality is present in droves, which is all that's needed.

I'm glad you posted Conquest, as it's a great showcase of what I mean. It's not as detailed as something by me. But look at the man, and even with no knowledge of Lone Tree, you know a good deal about him already. He's shady, untrustworthy, demented. Perhaps even a mite demonic. And certainly, 100% someone you wouldn't want to mess with! Just looking at Conquest there, you'd probably think that he'd stick a knife in your back for 10 pence - and that he'd probably enjoy it, and likely get away with it! Meanwhile, my drawings are just a bit ambiguous.

Wow, that looks great! Though I would cough out for a sheet of plain paper next time, if you don't mind me saying... haha!

I would say that with Jordan, that was a mite intentional. One lanky-:red: friend of mine, much like Jordan, has what I call 'chicken legs' - skinny legs which honestly look weird attached to his upper body! In fact, that's about the only way to tell him and Galbatore apart.

I appreciate your advice, don't get me wrong, but the thing is... it's like, I know there's anatomical issues with my work. They've been pointed out before often, and I've tried my darnedest to fix them. But I don't think it's a few body inaccuracies which are putting my work down in the ditch. Perhaps this is a stupid thing to say, but let's take Munch's 'The Scream' as an example. Obviously, that isn't anatomically correct! But the style and personality is present in droves, which is all that's needed.

I'm glad you posted Conquest, as it's a great showcase of what I mean. It's not as detailed as something by me. But look at the man, and even with no knowledge of Lone Tree, you know a good deal about him already. He's shady, untrustworthy, demented. Perhaps even a mite demonic. And certainly, 100% someone you wouldn't want to mess with! Just looking at Conquest there, you'd probably think that he'd stick a knife in your back for 10 pence - and that he'd probably enjoy it, and likely get away with it! Meanwhile, my drawings are just a bit ambiguous.
Remember, 7-8 heads, I had to learn that myself.

As for conquest, I agree with the statement, getting away with murder just because.

Height wise, sorry for not being clear.

Not at all, that's honestly what I guessed it as, anyways.

I tested it with Jordan, and chest to feet, he's about 5 heads (not including beast-:red: hat, of course!). Despite that, his head doesn't look freakishly huge...

Ugh. Again, I don't feel like this is the problem, though I will strive to make my characters better proportionally in future! I would say that I should get into shading, but mine is generally pretty awful... excepting mythical beasts, for whatever reason. But many, many people produce fantastic line art, so I don't think that's it either!

Not at all, that's honestly what I guessed it as, anyways.

I tested it with Jordan, and chest to feet, he's about 5 heads (not including beast-:red: hat, of course!). Despite that, his head doesn't look freakishly huge...

Ugh. Again, I don't feel like this is the problem, though I will strive to make my characters better proportionally in future! I would say that I should get into shading, but mine is generally pretty awful... excepting mythical beasts, for whatever reason. But many, many people produce fantastic line art, so I don't think that's it either!
Alright...

Alright...

Sorry, I know that probably isn't a satisfactory reply. I'll try my best to follow that rule, though, trust me! Again, apologies - I'm just getting a little frustrated because I can't figure out what the problem is. But then again, art isn't supposed to be easy... and problems can't be fixed quickly.

I guess I'm just used to it being along the lines of 'trouble in Maths? Just read the book', but this ain't the same!

Back
Top Bottom