Shotte's drawings, sketches and doodles

Update:

Some Lone Tree character sketches. There's some pretty wild creations in that RP, which makes them perfect bait for satisfying my random sketching compulsions!

5QKAcI0.png

"Tha Pimp" Jordan Webster, also known for being hella tall.
Edit: And as you can see, not-so-loosely based on my avvy.

XrzFgzO.png

Byron, the douchey Cyborg. He's got a knife, so watch the hell out!

Moar updates! This one's for @Milt69466 :

ZVQyVbm.png

It kinda turned out like a very, very poor man's Daimera, as I thought it would, but hey. At least I got a chance to draw something scary. Hope this is at least half-decent enough. xD;

NCO4arH.png

Galbatore, the incredibly hench Blood Knight and general tank (albeit with a very puny-looking spear), a character of my own devising.

Just a tip for the spear, draw the spear first and then remove the part that is going to be overlayed by the shield, that is what I usually do.

I would agree, except for the fact that I usually draw in pen and just 'go for it'!

It was my balls-up for drawing at a slight angle, as I often do - it might make it easier for me at the time, but I really couldn't notice that the spear tip was out of line until it was far too late.

I just like to pretend his spear has a bend in it hidden by the shield! ;)

I like your art , I see you do have a problem drawing arms or the arms seem to be awkward like. Try creating two sticks and the characters shoulder to pre meditate what and were are the arms, if you do that I think you will do well. eventually you wont need it and you can eyeball the limbs :) but still well done I like the self profile portrait.

Random Request
but
can you draw a rock

You got it!

I like your art , I see you do have a problem drawing arms or the arms seem to be awkward like. Try creating two sticks and the characters shoulder to pre meditate what and were are the arms, if you do that I think you will do well. eventually you wont need it and you can eyeball the limbs :) but still well done I like the self profile portrait.

Ugh, yeah, I know. I'll give it a try, although pre-sketching in the old pencil has never seemed to help much - I still mess it up when it comes down to the important part! When it comes to drawing arms and hands, I generally use my own to simulate what I'm going for - though this sometimes works, like with Jordan's 'V for Victory' it does mean I get them messed up or turned back to front quite a lot! And also, probably because I'm such a scrawny git, it's hard for me to draw more muscly arms properly!

Thanks for the pointer, though, and I'll make sure to use it! And cheers for the compliment, also.

While it is true that your work is not of the best quality, the effort and perseverance put into it is worthy of honor.

It's also kind of hilarious and enjoyable to watch, to be honest. hehe :p

You seem to always draw the hands the wrong way around when holding something. Here:

NCO4arH.png

The thumb's in the wrong place. Try holding a stick that way in real life: Kind of awkward! I think it's because you're confusing yourself with the perspective: In the drawing, the right and left sides are the opposite of yours: His right hand is to our left, and his left hand is to our right. You drew his right hand as his left hand!

The thumb in that drawing should be facing to the right, not the left: That'll fix the whole problem.

Last edited:
While it is true that your work is not of the best quality, the effort and perseverance put into it is worthy of honor.

It's also kind of hilarious and enjoyable to watch, to be honest. hehe :p

You seem to always draw the hands the wrong way around when holding something. Here:

NCO4arH.png

The thumb's in the wrong place. Try holding a stick that way in real life: Kind of awkward! I think it's because you're confusing yourself with the perspective: In the drawing, the right and left sides are the opposite of yours: His right hand is to our left, and his left hand is to our right. You drew his right hand as his left hand!

The thumb in that drawing should be facing to the right, not the left: That'll fix the entire problem.

Damnit, not again! Haha. It's at this point that I can either make some totally true claim about how all of my characters are duo-left-handed weirdos, or I can own up to my gaffe. I'll own up (this time! >;O) - yeah, Kaio mentioned the exact same thing earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at getting it rammed through my thick skull. To be fair, to me it honestly makes more sense that was around, but you're absolutely right that anatomically it should be pointing the other way.

It's because, like I said just above, I use my own hands as an example to draw from, so I get it the wrong way around all the time! I should remember next time not to make that same mistake, though... so thanks!

And cheers for the compliment. Honestly, as long as my dumb doodles have a bit of character to them, then I'm happy. I know they're not exactly stylish, but if they can at least either amuse the viewer or get across what I was thinking, I'm good with that!

I guess you're right that I have done a lot of drawings. Mind you, it is something of a hobby of mine, so it's not exactly a hardship!

You got it!

Ugh, yeah, I know. I'll give it a try, although pre-sketching in the old pencil has never seemed to help much - I still mess it up when it comes down to the important part! When it comes to drawing arms and hands, I generally use my own to simulate what I'm going for - though this sometimes works, like with Jordan's 'V for Victory' it does mean I get them messed up or turned back to front quite a lot! And also, probably because I'm such a scrawny git, it's hard for me to draw more muscly arms properly!

Thanks for the pointer, though, and I'll make sure to use it! And cheers for the compliment, also.
i just realized how redundant my statement was XD apologies . Just practice makes perfect :) also I'm pretty sucky at drawing muscles too. XD

i just realized how redundant my statement was XD apologies . Just practice makes perfect :) also I'm pretty sucky at drawing muscles too. XD

Not at all! No, aside from the fact I don't expect you to have read through all of the chatter here, the fact I require a reminder in the first place is my fault, as clearly I didn't pay much attention to Kaio's words! A reminder, therefore, is a big help to me.

That aside, I think your physical depictions are great. :p

It's amazing how much better your art is now than when you started! (not that it was bad then :p)
Your art thread is still near the top of the art subforum! ;P

It's amazing how much better your art is now than when you started! (not that it was bad then :p)
Your art thread is still near the top of the art subforum! ;P

'Lert derped on my own thread! And thank you! I wouldn't say mine has been viewed a lot because it's good... I guess I'm just quite prolific, and I post updates a lot. Quantity over quality, if you will, whether that's my fault or not!

That said, I appreciate your compliment. I myself think I've improved quite a bit, or rather, got a bit of my old mojo back, and it's nice to hear that I'm not totally alone in thinking that!

Meh... might as well.

I request you draw Cenx when you're on her bad side. I wanna see the rage!

It's Berkhart. Uh, I mean, sure! A weird request, but sure!

One more request.

A drawing of Berkhart. from her Blonde hair to her toes. Just to give everyone an idea of what they are up against when they anger her.

Back
Top Bottom