Shotte's drawings, sketches and doodles

Incredible writing of masterful quality. Soul-piercing thought and feeling. 11/10 would shotte again.

Don't think I've already forgotten about you, compadre. Good to see you again.

I'm tempted to say you're over-rating me, but it's no good to turn down compliments. So I'll just say - thanks a lot, Sam! You're the man, and it means a lot to hear you say that - I'll never top your own writing prowess, though. :p

And - man, it has been a long while. Cheers for saying hi to an old ghost like me. In truth, I've missed you guys a lot (didn't want to bang on about it though, and here I am hahaha) - I've just been so busy with life and college (mostly the latter, much to my chagrin). I don't know how it happened, but I suppose something had to go, and nowadays I hardly log here.

But that's besides the point - I'll just do my best to make a bit more time to talk around and contribute when I can!

I read it last night, but was in position to leave a coherent reply.

I really enjoyed it, it gave an awesome twist on the classic view of Terraria.

Also if you wrote a jokebook full of puns, I'd buy that mofo.

Thanks so much, guys - though Sam buddy, that's practically goddamned blasphemy! Haha.

But anyways, I didn't expect to write so soon but you guys spurred me on, that, and well - I just could not sleep. It's been a tough couple of days, this combined with the poor weather... perhaps that's what's caused my very favourite biome, the Snow and its Underground, to come to grace the shadows of my consciousness all of a sudden.

I always found it quite an unlikely and contradictory place for adventure, especially next to the dangers it holds - admittedly this is not uncommon of the game world, but it interests me nonetheless. If the Terraria world were - theoretically alone - to have its own creator or even designer, who would they be? Perhaps that is less important than whether their own designs were intelligent, or decidedly unintelligent. As we've all seen, sometimes the natures of randomness can create for itself some true scenes... they are senseless and not meaningfully created, but 'right' nonetheless. And sometimes, too, it can create the most dry and irritating lands to behold, ravaged places that require the caution but most of all great patience just for the player to pierce through its outermost layers in hope something better might lay within.

So I wrote, thinking on what perhaps our insane creator would say to the protagonist if asked of the meaning of his Snow - so inviting and foreboding all at once.

(Apologies for the somewhat rambling introduction, and in a sense the poem's weird style - I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but I'm just trying to develop a style; seeing as I sort of wrote its existence as an accident. Even if it's an unorthodox one. I don't know, I just thought that'd be cool: the thinking back on the poem [as this of course was written after completion], though, is just an attempt to get me back into analysing my own stuff - it really helps with analysing everything else - which means I can count this as preparatory work as well as some fun. ;) But this is likely the sweatiest I'll ever complete, in terms of length alone. I get carried away in the night!)

Unlikely Designs, Familiar Ends

And just that little to the West
You find a nirvana for which the heart may feel an expectant chill, at this majesty frozen eternal,
pure powder underfoot as if it were the ground-up bone of my thousands' cherubim.
And just as the pestle and mortar may grind an alchemical component of yours,
some wondrous fragment of creative magic reduced to filthy dust for self-righteous ends,
so too shall I... grind your spirit, 'til suffering alone may remain.

As this is what I must do, but
I do so with beauty, wonder - temptation, ostensible reward.

...Aye, the old methods of brutality? Unnecessary. Not as the beast lies within still.

But do consider:
The most alluring of flowers shall entrap the lowly aphid,
Makes no haste, deliver turgid death sentence.

So now,
Face night-time, and face also the reality of these places so affected by sublime lust.

The howls of the wolves at twilight reach your ears; they come, run if you will, cutlass in hand I throw you to them, not a moment's hesitation.
Thus falls the body of man, either to the primitive beings that would make of it prey,
infested by lunatic rage on these ever-mistless, star-speckled nights, and these natural needs that may toy with us as uninterested ventriloquist,
this is more desirable perhaps than to fall to those beings completely senseless, borne of magic and hatred alone.
Elementalism, these lead only to malevolent beings - their caress is not easily evaded,
and shall bring with it an ice-shard tomb, these standing a very long time,
as mocking monument to your prior dissatisfactions.

The Golems you may face, if your luck falls particularly ill, make themselves Lord of these sheened wastes through indiscriminate might, but every lord requires its King, every poor dumb race its Prometheus to bring knowledge, fail, and be tormented for their trying. I am all of these things and yet more, I am nothing; in any case, you must face my creations - I am beyond this reality, and so beyond your reproach.

But pardon interruption: the crystals beneath,
Oh,
Many, they turn crimson so easily, or herald something fouller than the unremarkable spilling of blood.
The states of our being are many, but little else can compare to the spirits alien that lurk deep in these hungry chasms, frolicking amidst each of the frigid stalactites that make of themselves snapping maws - idle - to afear or perhaps ward off any as much a fool as you... who might draw nearer.

Though I know your race well, it is different, it is yet living, and will not be discouraged by a handful intimidating totems - no matter even the tricks and traps I place as fairly warned beyond them.
You seek treasure, or amusement, or fulfillment within this frostbound maze -
only one of many, that sometimes may form a pattern appearing designed, compelling,
But is really of no less flux, no more meaning, than the minds that first envisaged it.

I place yet more of my machinations before thee:
But the adventurer is persistent,
Your lifeforce is high,
You will survive.

And even as you face my beasts, their horns all-a-curvature,
eyes given to snarl silently as they negotiate the surly impasses between each translucent ghost-pale cavern,
with grace and spit-drenched jaws.
They too seek a fine treasure,
the body of the unwary trespasser.

Deep beneath, though,
Find salvation of your efforts
perhaps.

Somewhere lie my once-incomparable artifices, lusting for a worthy claimant.

This, I promise:
But first, your avatar shall itself fall to pieces a dozen times or more on these hitherto sinless grounds,
We are both agreed to play this game until you have decided its end:
I must have my toll.

Your will, this betting chip... your offering to our ignoble ritual, shall be sundered as the falling stone might shatter the so thin, ice-capped pool.

Last edited:
Ooo I'll have to keep this tab open. Gah I can't miss yet another literary work from being too lazy to read it. Hold on I'll be back. I'll try.

Edit: It has been 4 hours. The tab is still open. I still have to read that poem.

Last edited:
Haha, don't get too excited old buddy! It was a bit of an experiment, so just see what you think. In any case, I've been trying to get earlier nights, so you have a good one regardless. >:3

Oh wow.
I... uhm... Would you mind explaining more or less what is going on, there? I understand some sort of... trial is going on. I'm not much into English poetry; I can't get my head around much of the complex and figurative language used here. It's such a profound work... I bet so much thought and meaning is hidden in it.

Oh wow.
I... uhm... Would you mind explaining more or less what is going on, there? I understand some sort of... trial is going on. I'm not much into English poetry; I can't get my head around much of the complex and figurative language used here. It's such a profound work... I bet so much thought and meaning is hidden in it.

Sam my boy, I'm the worst! I totally forgot about this, what can I say.

Anyways, I was a little overambitious, a little esoteric and posh with that poem in all honesty. Luckily, I can still remember just what I was writing about all those days ago.

Basically, caught by the parallels between, well, the snow of my city and the snow in Terraria, I started thinking - nothing too inspired, I'll be honest - about the strangeness of the fact that a bit of white powder and ice could transform a scene so utterly, and how such a beautiful change could also bring such danger. If such a thing was created, it must have been a very strange being to develop it... heh.

The poem is essentially the conversation (or rather, lecture) of the at-best thoughtless, at-worst malicious creator: as they gloats on his new masterpiece, both in its aesthetics and complexity and its ability to kill. But the creator laments that, no matter how powerful the dangers he may throw up, the adventurer (us) has more than the endurance to be killed; accepting this, they seek - they demand - that they will see our spirits battered instead.

I mean, there is a mite more to it in places, but that's the gist. :3

I just wanted to think on what relation a being above the humans of Terraria and the humans of our world alike might think of us, to painstakingly devise such things in nature. And yet ain't it funny that it's in our nature to challenge and defeat these things of nature, eh?

Hey, can I leave a request? Awesome art!

Thanks, man!

I must admit that I haven't been drawing properly for a long while. I lost a few works (read: my Mum tossed 'em in the bin!) and that took a bit of a blow to my desire to improve. I got a lot lazier, just doodling for pure fun in boring moments - this amused me, but nothing worth showing you guys - and really, my works ended up sloppier and sloppier. However, I'm trying to build back up a bit (I'll be posting some of the decent things I have produced in this lull, over the next week or so) - so if you've got anything you'd like me to be draw, I'd be happy to give it my best shot! (pls no womens. I'm even worse at them than before. ;P)

Last edited:
These are some of the most recent, and therefore some of the most lazy. Pretty accurate to what I'm doing, though! In fact, I drew the 'Leviathan Armament' Mecha just today.

dcb8ft6.jpg
VGpWICH.png
eUbTRDQ.png

Handily, they come colour-coded. Green is a Mecha design I had for a game called MechQuest - most of the mechs in that game are exceedingly sleek, hyper-modern and deadly. So I figured, why not counterpart that with a fat-assed, heavily-armoured (missile revolvers FTW), trundling-along Leviathan Mech? ;) Black is... tbh don't even ask, haha, it's a class idea I drew for a giggle in the class design section of Dragon Fable. The Super Fry Cook and its Souped-Up Soup Pot, watch the hell out! And finally, Red's just a sketch of my Deathknight character (lesson learned: drawing crystal swords is difficult, especially when everything is red) again from Dragon Fable (he wears a jackal Egyptian burial mask on his head 'cause he's a bit of a weirdo).

Last edited:
Sorry to triple post (even if I am the bossman of my own thread), but one final piece of news - this one's fairly important:

College updated their scanners to a supremely better model a couple months back (you might be able to tell how crisp the linework on the above looks, as compared to some of the works from the first post, although I'll be honest that I'd never noticed how dodge it looked previously) - with 300 or - God forbid - 200 DPI, which is what I think the old scanners ran at, even a rather smoothly shaded area ends up more edgy than the My Chemical Romance fanbase.

This new piece of tekkers tech runs at 450 DPI. No, I don't know what DPI is either: just that more is way better.

Long story short?

If I can find them, I'll be treating some of my better stuff like The Werewolf, Krieg Galbatore and Inspector Falconeye to a nice re-scan. It makes me look better while doing hardly anything - this is like, my life aim in action! (((((((((((((((;

Edit: found a lot more than I thought I would after sifting through the Office Shelving of Doom "Where stuff you worked hard on, and everything else, goes to die". I'm only missing a few pieces - I can live with that. Plus I found a few things that I'm almost certain to never have uploaded before; some are rather good. Possibly the fact they're mostly in pencil precluded me from showing them off? Hopefully the scanner upgrade fixes that! :p

Last edited:
These are some of the most recent, and therefore some of the most lazy. Pretty accurate to what I'm doing, though! In fact, I drew the 'Leviathan Armament' Mecha just today.

dcb8ft6.jpg
VGpWICH.png
eUbTRDQ.png

Handily, they come colour-coded. Green is a Mecha design I had for a game called MechQuest - most of the mechs in that game are exceedingly sleek, hyper-modern and deadly. So I figured, why not counterpart that with a fat-assed, heavily-armoured (missile revolvers FTW), trundling-along Leviathan Mech? ;) Black is... tbh don't even ask, haha, it's a class idea I drew for a giggle in the class design section of Dragon Fable. The Super Fry Cook and its Souped-Up Soup Pot, watch the hell out! And finally, Red's just a sketch of my Deathknight character (lesson learned: drawing crystal swords is difficult, especially when everything is red) again from Dragon Fable (he wears a jackal Egyptian burial mask on his head 'cause he's a bit of a weirdo).
I like the mech design and your DK, and that DF class idea is fun, could fit in right along with the other joke classes.

I like the mech design and your DK, and that DF class idea is fun, could fit in right along with the other joke classes.

Cheers, sir!

- that said, seeing as you're the only person who'll vaguely get what the hell I'm talking about, I actually thought it up intended as a decent tier 2 class (albeit a tongue-in-cheek one, so maybe it falls as being like SnugglePanda). In fact, I was inspired by the fact that the long-:red: Book 3 Sulen'Eska -> Espina Rosa quest-chain has no real reward to speak of, never mind a signature class!

So why not a strictly Rose-approved (or disapproved in some cases...) class trained by Gaston and Mulberry, the chefs of Espina Rosa? Mulberry, the Worst Chef In The World, could teach you for the left-hand side of the skills which includes basic Fry Cook combat (shields and stuff), but for the most part - really nasty DoTs brought on by assailing your enemies with the horrible, horrible things you've cooked up; the final left-hand skill being 'Kitchen Nightmares' (I didn't say this wasn't a jokey homage to Ramsay too), a unique spell which doubles the potency of all DoT effects on your enemy until they expire!

After learning from Mulberry, top chef Gaston is so disgusted that he takes you under his wing and attempts to gift you with some half-decent cooking abilities. I'd reckon the right-side could be a few offensive skills, a heal or heal over time (I thought of 'Where's the lamb sauce?!', which gives you a 50% of damage done on attack heal the turn after the next - he has to find the lamb sauce first ;D), and some buffs. Most importantly ('cause it's what we all use), your generic Final is 'Breakfast', which sends 3 Fried Egg Elementals at your foe for some weak crit damage followed by a big Bacon-element hit from Skweel the Bacon Dragon coming from the sky to bite your foe!

Shotte's back on the menu, baby.

Thanks for always being there to support, man. C:< You better believe it, though! Haha.

Shotte's back back back... back again. Tell a friend.
I know who to tell!

Hey, @Shotte ! Shotte's back! His drawings are amazing! Tell all of your friends!

I'd like to add that "Drawings are amazing" isn't sarcasm. I really like them. Did you think I forgot about this thread? AHA! That's where you're wrong! I've been watching it's every post the entire time! Muahahahahaha...
Haha...
Ha...
Sorry.

Thanks so much for all the kind words guys, I'm honestly a bit stunned. I didn't expect even the most lukewarm of responses to me throwing up a few drawings after this long while, this is much more than I could have even dared to hope for!

Anyways, I'd best get on with it... still got a lot of things to upload but I'm going to stretch them out a bit, and also intersperse them with some new pieces (I knocked up one today, I needed to anyways!)

9NybMbG.png
cQoGiNR.png

Two drawings I did on the plane back from Spain, on, er, New Year's Day actually. An A5 notebook has nearly infinite uses! On the left-hand's an (admittedly somewhat stubby-legged) original design for a high-ranking knight (also practice for the side-on stance). On the right's a little doodle of my cryptic from Dragon Fable, Grevious.

hI8EdUx.jpg
seemfvL.png

On the left's a drawing of Ajidot's OC (with the Creeper eye ;P) which I sadly never got around to finishing. It's uploaded mainly because, now I have, I've got a copy to fall back on in case I mess the original up! I'm going to practise my shading and try finishing it off. On the right's the drawing I knocked up today - nothing too fancy as I only had a spare 15 minutes or so. It's a design sheet for an original race from my WIP RP, the Merkanis - an intelligent, carnivorous (but not nearly as malevolent as they look) race supremely adapted to live and defend themselves both on land and in the deeps.

Edit: the only annoyance is, I should really update if not fully re-jig the main post. :C

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom