Shotte's drawings, sketches and doodles

PcFZMQ6.jpg

I will cherish this forever, that face is priceless hehe

Yeah first thing I properly drawn in what must be coming up on a year now; Hell, I'd had a few too many beers afore I got to sketching it to boot.

Pleasantly surprised though. 'Ey, lads, maybe I still got it!

HYBtlsL.jpg

This is the facemask of Parallax the Artificer, my favourite char from Heroes of Newerth.
icon_128.jpg
2822.jpg

Light and texture was done by me based mostly on guesswork and drunken drawing zen; however, the actual shape of the mask is obviously more-or-less transcribed from his splash art on the right. I know Parallax pretty well, but his mask is still 150% too complex for me to just bull:red: my way through when drawing the outlines!

Holy sh~t, that Edward Albee up top is good! Nice stuff!!

Cheers mate, appreciate it. I've kinda fallen down on my art but that Albee was probably the work where I finally kinda started to really take off. It's got a special place to me for that reason even now.

View attachment 100579
I will cherish this forever, that face is priceless hehe

Pure Cyberbullying. xD Not sure what makes me cringe more, the attempted kawaii eyes or his ear, which looks like Mike Tyson chewed it up. But hey, experience is experience.

WIP...

Thought I'd treat an old ghost to a bit of a re-imagining, but attempting realism is very, very difficult (especially ears, eyes and noses).

Admittedly it doesn't look quite this messy as the lighting is totally messed-up on the photo ('cause I was leaning all over it), but yes, it's got a long way to go. However, I reckon when I finish the face and neck and clean all the lines up, it can still come out rather well. Only reason I'm posting is to assure the reader that I'm actually having a proper go at picking this back up. I'll post again when I've finished, and maybe with a few quick sketches thrown in for good measure.

hJFDU7x.jpg

WIP...

Thought I'd treat an old ghost to a bit of a re-imagining, but attempting realism is very, very difficult (especially ears, eyes and noses).

Admittedly it doesn't look quite this messy as the lighting is totally messed-up on the photo ('cause I was leaning all over it), but yes, it's got a long way to go. However, I reckon when I finish the face and neck and clean all the lines up, it can still come out rather well. Only reason I'm posting is to assure the reader that I'm actually having a proper go at picking this back up. I'll post again when I've finished, and maybe with a few quick sketches thrown in for good measure.

hJFDU7x.jpg
First thing I thought of when I saw it was the "Sad Cena" image. :p
It looks really good!

WIP...

hJFDU7x.jpg
Damn son! You're really giving me a run for my money now. I really like this kind of harsh realism you've been doing lately.

Great job matey.

Oops, sorry guys! I alert derped on my own thread, somehow. Really appreciate the comments and compliments anyways. You guys keep me drawing. I would've finished Cole on the spot, except part of the reason it transpired I was having difficulties cleaning it up is 'cause my pen was running dry, and I'm very pernickety about the biros I use to draw so I've had to head across town just to acquire some decent ones. Hope to have some more stuff for you to have a look over soon, cheers again!

Nice to see someone who has found the superpower of the biro! I've seen some of your stuff before but looking at what you can do now is incredible. I know what you mean about biros, I can only use the really cheapo bad biros from certain shops haha.

Nice to see someone who has found the superpower of the biro! I've seen some of your stuff before but looking at what you can do now is incredible. I know what you mean about biros, I can only use the really cheapo bad biros from certain shops haha.

Heyyy, apologies for the late reply my man, but thank you thank you so much for the compliment. It's undeniably true I've been temperamental with my art, a bit all over the place, but I'm glad to hear that it has been a solid upward trend overall. And yeah, I fricking worship at the craven altar of the black ballpoint pen, to me it's just the only way I can turn out clean, good-showing shading in just a few minutes. You gotta be meticulous, avoid making mistakes, but that's always good practice. And I do dare to think, now I've started... not so much learning as making up several shading styles I use at once in most pieces, overall I can get a far better gradient of light and shadow.

My biggest regret is my crummy camera, maybe it's just my rose-tinted spectacles in action but things always like at least 30% better when I see them on the paper sitting piled just across from me!

Unfortunately, somehow my taste for bad biros is such that I haven't yet found a fitting bad biro! Soon enough I'll be back to knocking stuff out, hopefully. On a sidenote, I just looked over your stuff, really enjoyed your cityscape and airship man. Very creative, reminds me of a much better version of what I used to like drawing when I was quite a bit younger, unfortunately I've kind of lost my building and landscaping drawing abilities, but I suppose it's a fair trade for the improvements I've made elsewhere.

As some of you may know, I absolutely :red:ed my laptop. That means I'm currently using some piece of absolute old-tech which has been lying, gathering dust, on one arm of me couch for a good couple years.

Among the clutter of the drive I found some sprites I did a long time back, so for posterity:

Ampharos
66nE8nl.png

Ferroseed
oyFa2kX.jpg

Gible
fF62XCR.png

'Ignecore', a Fakemon design idea I had.
6Y6rfZe.png

As some of you may know, I absolutely :red:ed my laptop. That means I'm currently using some piece of absolute old-tech which has been lying, gathering dust, on one arm of me couch for a good couple years.

Among the clutter of the drive I found some sprites I did a long time back, so for posterity:

Ampharos
66nE8nl.png

Ferroseed
oyFa2kX.jpg

Gible
fF62XCR.png

'Ignecore', a Fakemon design idea I had.
6Y6rfZe.png
That Gible looks like it's holding a giant sandwich and is about to take a bite out of it.

That Gible looks like it's holding a giant sandwich and is about to take a bite out of it.
A very, very delicious sandwich.
But I wanted to point out:
The Ampharos. It somehow reminded me of something, and then I thought- wow, this looks like something out of Gen 1 put in colour. I'll leave that to you to decide if that's good or not. Personally, I think the former.

The Ampharos. It somehow reminded me of something, and then I thought- wow, this looks like something out of Gen 1 put in colour. I'll leave that to you to decide if that's good or not. Personally, I think the former.

Yeah, I clearly wasn't any kind of prodigy when it came to the old Pixel Art which is why I didn't continue the hobby that far! I did enjoy it while I was with it, though, and I don't regret that I took the time out to give it a shot back then.

Holy :red: it does.

I love the Ferroseed sprite - it's got some realism to it and yet seems out of this world.

Damn man, you're too kind - thanks a lot!

I realised I haven't done one of my scratchy sketches in a long time, so I came across a picture of this dude - who I think is meme-related, as it transpires - and thought his facial structure and expression would be fun to draw. I'm still wonky on left eyes, but admittedly it was always going to be a challenge with this one as I was trying to emulate the way his pupils were directed, which was strange to say the least.

VoZExXt.png

lNlWpCO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom