PC Should i start Master mode?

Razor_Typhoon

Living Tree
I haven't beaten expert mode yet but I do watch plenty of youtube videos ;p (i mean maybe i can start a master mode playthrough with someone but the only problem of journey's end is that i dont know how to put it in windowed mode)

I would just suggest you should give it a try. It's very unforgiving from the start off but you'll have a pretty neat learning curve along that and will get better and better with each situation you master.

I would recommend completing Expert Mode first so you get a feel for the unique pattern changes that the Expert Mode bosses have. You'll have to deal with all of the unique Expert AI patterns in Master Mode and they will do more damage to you overall. Many enemies from the beginning will be able to 1-2 shot you until you get some life crystals, it is a similar case at the beginning of hard mode even when you have 400 HP.

Even in Expert Mode, it is easy for pattern differences such as Plantera's tentacles and Duke Fishron's 3rd phase to take a player off guard. Knowing how to deal with those patterns before beginning Master Mode will help.

I'd say start Expert then go to Master. Expert Mode increases enemy drop chance as well as adding new boss attacks and gimmicks so there's a tradeoff for playing in Expert. Master Mode is strictly bragging rights. Relics, Light Pets, Mounts and Decorations are all Master Mode adds. As far as I'm aware no increase in drop rates or anything so Master Mode is straight up harder.

Get accustomed to Expert then move on to Master Mode if you wan't to. Just note that you're not missing too much for not doing it.

Back
Top Bottom