Biomes & Nature Sky Ship, A Floating Island Alt.

EparoBro

Terrarian
All those floating Islands sure do get stale after a while. The only thing going for them is The house and the chest. Nothing else besides clouds. But maybe we could see something NEW floating in the sky. Is that a floating pirate ship I see? (Not the Flying Dutchman)

What does a Sky Ship look like? What loot can I get from it?

The Sky Ship is similar to the Floating Island in size. It consists of Propellers, Shipwood Planks, And a Ship Chest inside

Unique Items Inside the Ship Chest:

Tornado in a Bottle
Elevation Device
Pressure Canceling Boots
Skyblade
Air Handgun
Sky Carver

What do these items do?

Tornado in a Bottle: Same jump height as a Blizzard Bottle. (Material)

Elevation Device: Same as a Shiny Red Balloon. (Material)

Pressure Cancelling Boots: Prevents Fall damage.

Skyblade:
27 Melee Damage
Average Speed
Weak Knockback
6% Critical hit chance
Shoots a gale of wind.

Air Handgun
19 Ranged Damage
Average Knockback
Fast Speed
10% critical hit chance
Uses no ammo

The Sky Carver let's you make Furniture out of Shipwood.

You can make everything like a Sky Mill except with Shipwood.

Alternate Enemies:

Harpy- Sky Trooper
Wyvern- Aerodrake

Sky Trooper
90 HP
35 Damage
Knockback Resistance: High
Drops: Avian Feather

Aerodrake
2800 HP
70 Damage (Melee)
110 Damage (Fire)
Drops: Soul of Flight: 10-30

It's a good concept but there's no need for all these extra items.
We have three pairs of boots that do the exact same thing.

I actually kinda agree with you though, adding more items that do about the same thing isn't really fun, but (assuming that the sky ships and sky islands spawn in the same world) you could remove some things from the sky islands and move them to sky ships.... A bit more work that isn't really needed, but it would give some variety to the sky.

We have three pairs of boots that do the exact same thing.

I actually kinda agree with you though, adding more items that do about the same thing isn't really fun, but (assuming that the sky ships and sky islands spawn in the same world) you could remove some things from the sky islands and move them to sky ships.... A bit more work that isn't really needed, but it would give some variety to the sky.
The boots are integral and must be obtained in multiple areas. There are only 3 sky items which should be present here.

Well, Sky Ships, being a bit smaller than floating Islands, have less space to work with, and even with a large world you only get about 3 Islands. But you see there is a lot of open space, so I guess adding more Islands in one world may help. Maybe about 5-7 instead of 3-4. So that would mean you would be able to get all the items, without having bad luck and missing out on a Horseshoe or Starfury.

Well, Sky Ships, being a bit smaller than floating Islands, have less space to work with, and even with a large world you only get about 3 Islands. But you see there is a lot of open space, so I guess adding more Islands in one world may help. Maybe about 5-7 instead of 3-4. So that would mean you would be able to get all the items, without having bad luck and missing out on a Horseshoe or Starfury.
Large worlds have far more than 3 islands.

On console, that is mainly what I play. I haven't touched PC in a bit, like if large PC World's are bigger than PS4 large world's. But in console I have only seen 3 in a large world.

Back
Top Bottom