tModLoader Skyblock Mod

no idea if it's possible but, would be nice if there's a way to get Aqua Depths from Thorium mod added to the skyblock.
was gonna make a top to bottom ocean and try to get aqua depths, but there's no way in doing that if we can't craft Aquaite (material) that can be placed on the blocks to form a artifact aqua depths biome.

overall, Skyblock mod is pretty good. allows player who are bored of original terraria to create artifact biomes around the map and place them where ever we want.

would be amazing if there's a way to include Aqua Depths biome which is from Thorium mod. hope to see a collab between skyblock & thorium.

i actually built all the terraria biomes on someone's server on skyblock and results is amazing.
including the big sand region (on the left) where you fight stuff to get Lamia items and etc.

could use more mini biomes like ( marble , granite ) and 2 oceans instead of 1. tho there's isn't really a point to have 2 ocean but why not? :)

no idea if it's possible but, would be nice if there's a way to get Aqua Depths from Thorium mod added to the skyblock.
was gonna make a top to bottom ocean and try to get aqua depths, but there's no way in doing that if we can't craft Aquaite (material) that can be placed on the blocks to form a artifact aqua depths biome.

overall, Skyblock mod is pretty good. allows player who are bored of original terraria to create artifact biomes around the map and place them where ever we want.

would be amazing if there's a way to include Aqua Depths biome which is from Thorium mod. hope to see a collab between skyblock & thorium.

i actually built all the terraria biomes on someone's server on skyblock and results is amazing.
including the big sand region (on the left) where you fight stuff to get Lamia items and etc.

could use more mini biomes like ( marble , granite ) and 2 oceans instead of 1. tho there's isn't really a point to have 2 ocean but why not? :)

Hm, Thorium mod author could maybe add an "if" statement that would check to see if my mod was enabled, then allow a crafting recipe for Aquaite or probably better yet, Brackish Clumps. I don't have a way of adding it to my mod. I guess on the topic, any mod author could do the same so that those biomes could be manually created.

I have been thinking about adding recipes for granite and marble so that you could make those biomes, and then removing the biomes on the map to force the player to make them. Also, it's a skyblock map and nothing stops you from making a 2nd ocean. The original map idea had 0 oceans and would have made you make it, but spilling water for an hour didn't seem like a fun thing to do for a player.

Edit: Can we see a pics from the server? It's always fun to see where people build things.

Also, incase any mod author wanted it:
Code:
if (ModLoader.GetLoadedMods().Contains("SkyblockMod"))
{

}

Last edited:
For Some reason, i want Ex Nihilo for about Every Game i ever Played.
Including Terraria.
I can't Mod. Someone else could do it tho.

For Some reason, i want Ex Nihilo for about Every Game i ever Played.
Including Terraria.
I can't Mod. Someone else could do it tho.

If I knew as much as I do now, my mod would have been more of a copy of Ex Nihilo, but I tried to use already existing things to compensate. I am working on something new for the mod that could be used to make a real sieve rather than use the extractinator but I think it's fun to use the extractinator now. I would love it if someone made a companion mod that added some other cool skyblock features though.

Is there ways of crafting stone blocks in the mod? i just started and im slighty confused on how i should continue on with the map

Is there ways of crafting stone blocks in the mod? i just started and im slighty confused on how i should continue on with the map

A hint to get you started is that you need to make an extractinator and use obsidian with it (like you would silt). The extractinator is made with a furnace as an ingredient.

i can't find the ice biome, I've been looking for days and just can't find it. Any help?

You need to make one ;)

how do you download this mod I have the world but I cant get the mods
thank you to all who reply

You first need TModLoader, then once you have that, launch it and on the 1st menu click on "Mod Browser", then type "skyblock" and you will find the mod, download it, and then make sure it is enabled. Once all of that is done make a new character and select the map and have fun.

The Skyblock Version for Terraria is a good approach, judging that its inspired, there are a lot of key features missing and/or gathering resources is fairly easy, the idea of using multiple items to use for extractinator is a good work around but using "obsidian" as base is.... a bit advance, As a player of Curse/forge "Sky Factory 2.5" and "Sky Factory 3.0" I had the inspiration to come up with something of my own, but seeing you've already got a decent mod out, perhaps i could share some ideas with you (the current idea was up to pre-hardmode, but i hope some of these ideas might be helpful)

• Wood Is infinite
Technically it is, getting 0~5 Acorns and a high rate you can yield a decent amount, wood is everything, and your base for everything esle
  • Wooden Casket/Fermenter = A simple wooden case, allows "Wood" to be converted into "Dirt"
    • Acorns, herbs, Seeds = Dirt
  • Light Sieve = A simple Mineral base Sieve, allows Dirt, Sand, Snow, mud to gain materials
    • Dirt = Stone Pebble, Granite Pebble, Marble Pebble, Herb Seeds (Dirt seeds only), Worm, Miniature Wooden Chest "Grab Bag" (Surface based wooden chest loot), Copper/Tin ore
    • Sand = Stone Pebble, Granite Pebble, Marble Pebble, Herb Seeds, Fossil, Miniature Desert Chest (Desert Temple base loot)
    • Snow = Herb Seeds, Miniature Ice Chest
    • Mud = Herb Seeds, (Mud seeds only, Jungle seeds, Mushroom seeds, ect), Hive Pebble, Miniature Jungle Chest
  • Pebbles = 5x of each Pebble will make 10x of there current block from a work bench,
  • Crushing:-
    • From work Bench, Crafting a Wooden Hammer in conjunction with Stone and then chain it in recipe
      • Wooden Hammer + 10 Stone = 20 Silt
      • Wooden Hammer + 10 silt = 20 Sand
      • Wooden Hammer + 10 Sand = 20 Dust
  • Silt/Slush Extractinator
    • Regular Drops + a very rare chance for a "Miniature Gold Chest"
  • heavy Sieve = A more advance sieve to gather more stronger meterials
    • Stone = Various ores, Dirt, Obsidian Pebble, "Miniature Gold Chest"
    • Ash = Gems, Hellstone, Meteorite, Obsidian Pebble, "Locked Miniature Shadow Chest (Requires Shadow Key)"
    • Obsidian = Stone, ores, Gems, Miniature Gold chest, Silt, Ash, Ebonstone/Crimstone Pebble
  • Stone Casket = Allows Infinite water bucket withdrawals (2 Water leaf + Bucket), allows to fill empty bottles, acts as a water source crafting tile
  • Obsidian Casket = Allows infinite Lava bucket withdrawals (10 stone, 2 Fire Blossom + Bucket)
  • Honey Casket = Allows infinite Honey withdrawals (10 Hive Block + Bucket)
Once you completed all the process you should be able to get the Obsidian Casket, and able to make an "Obsidian Vat" to automate Obsidian Production

Miniature Chests serves a replacement for the treasure chest that "usually" spawns in the world, Acting like a Grab Bag (Present, Goodie bag, Treasure Bag), they should contain the same loot tables as the world generating counter parts

You need to make one ;)

-So does this mean that there is an easier way to get snow/ice than via frost legion? Just thought there might be a way to get ice than through a hardmode event, since you need it for life crystals. And by the way, great mod, it really tests your terraria knowledge.

The Skyblock Version for Terraria is a good approach, judging that its inspired, there are a lot of key features missing and/or gathering resources is fairly easy, the idea of using multiple items to use for extractinator is a good work around but using "obsidian" as base is.... a bit advance, As a player of Curse/forge "Sky Factory 2.5" and "Sky Factory 3.0" I had the inspiration to come up with something of my own, but seeing you've already got a decent mod out, perhaps i could share some ideas with you (the current idea was up to pre-hardmode, but i hope some of these ideas might be helpful)
Firstly, thanks for the feedback. It is definitely inspired by many mods of Minecraft, especially for skyblocks. I had originally thought of basically copying all of what Ex Nihilo did and implementing it into Terraria, but I wanted to give it a new spin rather than just copying someone else's hard work straight out.

The hardest thing in which I wish I could change is that lava makes obsidian rather than stone, but that's how Terraria works, so I went with it. Obsidian might sound "a bit advanced" but in Terraria it is not the 'hardest' material to break so I think it works.

• Wood Is infinite
Technically it is, getting 0~5 Acorns and a high rate you can yield a decent amount, wood is everything, and your base for everything esle
I love that there are so many materials that are infinite in Terraria. Before I typed one bit of code I made a list of every item that was infinite and wrote up a plan of attack for the mod and did research on what I wanted to use. I had thought of using trees but at the time of this mods release (9 months ago), trees only grew offscreen and most people didn't know that and were sitting there just waiting for trees to grow not realizing they needed to make a longer platform so they would grow. Since then I am glad relogic made it so trees can grow on screen. That's one of the biggest reasons I didn't use trees as a resource and like a "wooden barrel" from Ex Nihilo to make dirt.

• Wooden Casket/Fermenter = A simple wooden case, allows "Wood" to be converted into "Dirt"
    • Acorns, herbs, Seeds = Dirt
  • Light Sieve = A simple Mineral base Sieve, allows Dirt, Sand, Snow, mud to gain materials
    • Dirt = Stone Pebble, Granite Pebble, Marble Pebble, Herb Seeds (Dirt seeds only), Worm, Miniature Wooden Chest "Grab Bag" (Surface based wooden chest loot), Copper/Tin ore
    • Sand = Stone Pebble, Granite Pebble, Marble Pebble, Herb Seeds, Fossil, Miniature Desert Chest (Desert Temple base loot)
    • Snow = Herb Seeds, Miniature Ice Chest
    • Mud = Herb Seeds, (Mud seeds only, Jungle seeds, Mushroom seeds, ect), Hive Pebble, Miniature Jungle Chest
  • Pebbles = 5x of each Pebble will make 10x of there current block from a work bench,
  • Crushing:-
    • From work Bench, Crafting a Wooden Hammer in conjunction with Stone and then chain it in recipe
      • Wooden Hammer + 10 Stone = 20 Silt
      • Wooden Hammer + 10 silt = 20 Sand
      • Wooden Hammer + 10 Sand = 20 Dust
  • Silt/Slush Extractinator
    • Regular Drops + a very rare chance for a "Miniature Gold Chest"
  • heavy Sieve = A more advance sieve to gather more stronger meterials
    • Stone = Various ores, Dirt, Obsidian Pebble, "Miniature Gold Chest"
    • Ash = Gems, Hellstone, Meteorite, Obsidian Pebble, "Locked Miniature Shadow Chest (Requires Shadow Key)"
    • Obsidian = Stone, ores, Gems, Miniature Gold chest, Silt, Ash, Ebonstone/Crimstone Pebble
  • Stone Casket = Allows Infinite water bucket withdrawals (2 Water leaf + Bucket), allows to fill empty bottles, acts as a water source crafting tile
  • Obsidian Casket = Allows infinite Lava bucket withdrawals (10 stone, 2 Fire Blossom + Bucket)
  • Honey Casket = Allows infinite Honey withdrawals (10 Hive Block + Bucket)
Once you completed all the process you should be able to get the Obsidian Casket, and able to make an "Obsidian Vat" to automate Obsidian Production

Miniature Chests serves a replacement for the treasure chest that "usually" spawns in the world, Acting like a Grab Bag (Present, Goodie bag, Treasure Bag), they should contain the same loot tables as the world generating counter parts

This all sounds like a great variation on Ex Nihilo with a Terraria feel to it. I love that you spent some time really thinking about how to implement this into Terraria and to have it make sense.

There are many mods that add armor, or weapons, or blocks to Terraria, I don't see why there cannot be 2 skyblock mods. I would love to see your ideas implemented as a separate mod to compete with, or even better, make a companion mod to mine that added these things and then there would be multiple ways of getting resources. I could even balance my mod differently when your mod was loaded.

On a side note, I wish your "Industrial Craft" mod would have come out, I would have loved to see it in a skyblock.

Also,
Sink's already add water bottle filling, and they could be increased in function to do buckets too. Or you would have to disable sinks as they are cheaper to make.

fv67xqA.png
Bv34MGh.png
This is a mod that changes the way you play terraria that was inspired by minecraft skyblock style maps. You will start on a very small island and must learn to gather and craft blocks in new ways. The extractinator in an even more useful machine now, along with a few more machines to help you complete your Terraria playthrough. There is also lots of new crafting recipes for the items you would normally get in a playthrough. Also, you will also want to make sure you take advantage of duplicating liquids, as Obsidian (which can be broken with a copper pickaxe) is a major part of the mod and you have limited quantities of both water and lava.

This mod is meant to be played with a custom map and a new character

2Apd9pg.png

Skyblock Mod is made for tModLoader v0.9.1.0 for Terraria 1.3.4.4

Old maps if you don't like cool new things: normal or expert

jMLwi8X.png
NEW ITEMS:

Im2x4x8.png

•Fertilizer - used on saplings and plants to have a chance at making them grow instantly and can grow grass on dirt/grass blocks (5 dirt + gel + mushroom)

QBgqiAF.png

•Copper Wire - used to make machines (5 copper bars + Wooden Yoyo)

ctkj8Zy.png

•Multi-Tile Machines - used to automate collection of Obsidian/Honey Block/Crisp Honey (note: 1)block breaker is solid so liquids will not flow through it 2)squeezer is only for honey and crisp honey)

n4ICWpy.png

•Auto-Fisher - automated fishing (just place near water, needs Reinforced Fishing Pole, 25 Fishing Potions, 30 Platinum Bars, 10 Copper Wires, 10 Enchanted Nightcrawlers, 15 Wire)

pKUYCpN.png
aE6s6FB.png

•Red/White Threads - used to craft a few items in game (3 starfish/3 seashells)

================================================

NEW PLANTS:

fICpQ8z.png
bTaz3nn.png
9PzX1XO.png
BPbj1Tf.png

•Coballidium •Mythalcum •Adantium •Chlorophyte
new ways to get hardmode ores

================================================

NEW RECIPES:

•Extractinator
•Sand
•Ice
•Silt
•Slush
•Clay
•Crimstone
•Ebonstone
•Pearlstone
•Leather
•Desert Fossil
•Hive
•Hive Wand
•Heart Crystal
•Chest Loots
•Goblin Battle Standard
•Hellforge
•Staff of Regrowth
•Shadow Chest loot​

EXTRACTINATOR RECIPES ADDED:
Used just like you would normally use silt on the Extractinator.

•Obsidian
•Stone
•Dirt
•Sand
•Ash
•Mud
  • Make an extractinator as soon as possible (furnace + gray bricks)
  • Make an obsidian generator and start using the obsidian gathered on the extractinator to start getting ores
  • Many of the items that you would normally find in chests can be made
  • There is a multi-block machine you can make to automatically gather obsidian and at a better proficiency than normal (can also click on the middle machine to speed it up!)
  • After you have the Mechanic, you can get some basic fish from the Auto-Fisher
  • Dig through the 1st layer of Ash for Wall of Flesh fight
  • Once in Hardmode, there are plants that can be made to gather HM ores
  • The Dungeon and Jungle Temple do exist on the map to be found
  • Life Crystals can be made with Ruby Gemspark Blocks + Ebon/CrimStone Blocks + Ice Blocks

OQvJeG5.png

@[B][SIZE=4][URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/airguitarist.33515/']AirGuitarist[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

l0rJJlt.png
  • All the Sprites done by myself
  • Thanks to all of you for over 15,000 downloads!
HgPHgTj.png
Current Version: 1.1.3 (2/10/17)
  • You can get the latest version on the tModLoader 'Mod Browser' or direct download (Place the .tmod file into your "Mods" folder under My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader)
  • And you will need either the normal map or expert map (must get map separately and place the Skyblock.wld file into your "Worlds" folder under My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader)
Changelog for current version:
  • rebalanced blockbreaker drops

• updated to tmodloader v0.9.1.0
  • edited maps to have a certain biome further from spawn

• removed 'being next to water' from being a requirement for mud

• re-did map for mod
  • added recipes for many more unobtainable items on the map
  • added corruption items to Dryad and Steampunker

• re-did map for mod
  • added recipes for many more unobtainable items on the map
  • added corruption items to Dryad and Steampunker

• changed mud recipe
  • changed how gemspark recipes were handled
  • updated to tmodloader v0.8.3.5 and terraria 1.3.3.3

• shadow key recipes now require the hellforge
  • added recipes for sky mill, living loom, shadow key, and cloud

• updated to tmodloader v0.8.3.4 and terraria 1.3.3.2
  • added color to item tooltips

• fixed obsidian not dropping in multiplayer

• fixed multiplayer bugs (hopefully)

• updated to tModLoader v0.8.3.2 and Terraria 1.3.2.1

• updated to v0.8.1.0 tModLoader and Terraria 1.3.1
  • fertilizer now auto-swing
  • added staff of regrowth recipe
  • shadow key is used in recipes now

• fertilizer now works on cactus and dirt and grass
  • block breaker is now solid block to prevent liquid spill
  • fixed life crystal recipe
  • fixed shiverthorn growth with fertilizer

• fertilizer now works on plants too
  • changed extractinator recipes for silt/slush/desertfossil to remove ores
  • removed altered recipe for mud
  • added new recipes for Holy/Unholy/Bloody Water
  • more adjusted recipe requirements
  • slight fix to smart cursor on obsidian

• added recipes for biome stones
  • more adjusted recipe requirements

• added recipe for Hellforge
  • adjusted recipe requirements

• released
Yes you start on the island, I highly recommend this mod/world/
So I just started up on this mod, and was wondering if there are any demon altars to be found? I'd like to know if I need to make a King Slime boss spawn on a different world or do I need to find an altar.
Yes alters can be found at the dungeon if you go down the the left side of it

-So does this mean that there is an easier way to get snow/ice than via frost legion? Just thought there might be a way to get ice than through a hardmode event, since you need it for life crystals. And by the way, great mod, it really tests your terraria knowledge.
Water Bottle + Sand + Shiverthorn.

There are recipes for almost every biome block that follow a similar pattern.

And thank you :)

There are many mods that add armor, or weapons, or blocks to Terraria, I don't see why there cannot be 2 skyblock mods. I would love to see your ideas implemented as a separate mod to compete with, or even better, make a companion mod to mine that added these things and then there would be multiple ways of getting resources. I could even balance my mod differently when your mod was loaded.

I was trying to unpack your mod, to see the secrets you did with the silt extractinator, but seems you Mod Locked it, so i was like, "sad face"

On a side note, I wish your "Industrial Craft" mod would have come out, I would have loved to see it in a skyblock.

Trouble was, when code changes everything broke, and the time i spent with it made me feel uninspired, and i lost interest, its nice to know you remember it, in fact i honestly would like to re-instate it, but i'm no good when it comes to implementing code, instead use, already written code, and change it to the way i need it for my mod

Back
Top Bottom