• The Slime Staff was good.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I didn't like any of the ideas.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

SteelSt0rmMaster

Skeletron Prime
Hey everyone.
You may have seen threads about some slimy gear before, but mine isn't just for summoners.
Without further ado, the Slimy Items! :)

:gslime: Slimy Jacket :gslime:

The Slime Jacket is an item with a 5% drop chance from Green Slimes. Stats:

-2 Defense
-If you take at least 50 damage from a fall, you take 25% less damage.
-Sprite"
145305-a36d823eeae23164394d4c3a8ab22f6b.png

-Also craftable with a Rain Coat + 30 Gel.
-Worn in the Chest slot.
-Bought from the Dryad for 2 gold after killing 100 Green Slimes.

:bluslime:
Gel Gloves/Boots :bluslime:

The Gel Gloves and Boots are items that have a 0.5% drop chance from Blue Slimes. Stats:

-1 Defense each
-Works like the Shoe Spikes/Climbing Claws. Wearing both at the same time will let you grab walls without sliding.
-The Gloves increase melee damage by 3, while the Boots let you jump as if you had a Red Balloon.
-Either would look like Gel on your hands and feet, or this: 145304-b5eaaa8c004bcff14974ecbf82035b35.png/145303-529b7dbde440d29efa6306d0fe9daffd.png. On your character, they look like this: 145401-b785c7ffee203061ad31ace33c5cd504.png
-Worn in an Accessory slot.
-Bought from the Dryad for 2 gold each after killing 100 Blue Slimes.

:pinky:
Pink Gel Soles :pinky:

The Pink Gel Soles are an item with a 75% drop chance from Pinky. Stats:

-3 Defense
-If you take at least 50 damage from a fall, you take 75% less damage.
-Provides a Double Jump. After double jumping, you fall slowly.
-Sprite:
Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 12.46.54 PM.png

-Also craftable with a pair of Silver/Tungsten Greaves + 25 Pink Gel.
-Worn in an Accessory slot.
-Bought from the Dryad for 5 gold after Pinky has been killed at least once on that world.

:rslime: Slimy Sword :rslime:

The Slimy Sword is a blade with a 0.5% drop chance from all slimes after killing King Slime. Stats:

-16 Damage (Melee)
-Holding it causes all Slimes to become passive to you, but only while holding it, making it a good item to hold while traveling.
-Has the same stats as a Gold Broadsword, except for the fact that it deals 2 extra damage.
-Sprite: Slime Sword Unanimated.png
-Also craftable with a Royal Gel and Gold Broadsword.
-Held like any other sword.
-Bought from the Dryad for 7 gold after killing King Slime.

:kingslime: Slime Rod :kingslime:

The Slime Rod is a staff with a 50% drop chance from King Slime. Stats:

-23 Damage (Magic)
-7 Mana
-Fires a Blue Slime bomb which flies through the air in an arc, dealing 15 damage to anything in its path.
-Other stats are the same as the Sapphire Staff.
-No knockback.
-Sprite: Slimerod.png with slime dripping off of it.
-Also craftable with a Sapphire Staff + Royal Gel.
-Held like any other Staff.

Well, that's it for my slimy suggestions. Please leave constructive criticism (Instead of saying "Your Slimy Sword sucks!" maybe say "Maybe the Slimy Sword needs to deal a bit more damage.") I don't have a signature or any sprites, but if you have sprites please feel free to leave some, and I will tell you if I use them, and also give you credit! Anybody who helps the suggestion (balance, sprites, etc.) will receive credit here:

CREDIT:
:bluslime:- SteelSt0rmMaster aka myself, for making the original suggestion!
:gslime:-AgentNoName101, for balance, renaming an item, and most of the sprites!
:pinky:-MinerTurtle45, for pointing out there's already an item called Slime Staff.
:pslime:-SurfLeapard, for making the slime rod sprite.
:yslime:-iExtreme, for creating the Slime Sword sprite.
:bslime:-???
:cslime:-???
:islime:-???
:lslime:-???
:sslime:-???
:hoppinjack:-???
:kingslime:-???
:rslime:-YOU, for reading this suggestion! (and possibly commenting or liking.)

Thank you to EVERYONE who provided sprites, read the suggestion, and helped me with other things!

Have a nice day! ;)

Last edited:
:kingslime: Slime Staff :kingslime:

The Slime Staff is a staff with a 50% drop chance from King Slime. Stats:

-23 Damage (Magic)
-7 Mana
-Fires a Blue Slime which flies through the air in an arc, dealing 17 damage to anything in its path.
-Other stats are the same as the Sapphire Staff.
-No knockback.
-I don't have any sprites, but it would look similar to the Sapphire Staff, but with blue Gel instead of a gem.
-Also craftable with a Sapphire Staff + Royal Gel.
-Held like any other Staff.
My eyes, oh god, it hurts so much.
Pls change font color.

Pls.

Maybe nerf the slime staff. it effectively replaces the whole idea of collecting the gems. Also, do you mean it shoots a projectile similar to blue gel, or does it actually summon a blue slime flying in one direction? I say make it a "slime bomb" (a big blob of slime) arcing instead of a blue slime.

Also, maybe change the pink gel in a bottle to something like Pink gel soles. This is more realistic than the bottle idea. It makes more sense that you bounce with gel soles rather than holding a bottle of pink gel.

Last edited:
Maybe nerf the slime staff. it effectively replaces the whole idea of collecting the gems. Also, do you mean it shoots a projectile similar to blue gel, or does it actually summon a blue slime flying in one direction? I say make it a "slime bomb" (a big blob of slime) arcing instead of a blue slime.
It used to summon a blue slime (it would disappear on contact with the ground) but now it launches a Blue Slime Bomb
Also, maybe change the pink gel in a bottle to something like Pink gel soles. This is more realistic than the bottle idea. It makes more sense that you bounce with gel soles rather than holding a bottle of pink gel.
Good idea.
Alright, awesome!

I just realized I forgot to add the sprite. Adding it now!

Maybe add the amount of gel needed to craft each item? 30 gel and 25 gel seems to low for me.
Also, how about making the slime sword (and possibly the slime staff) a drop from the King Slime?

Maybe add the amount of gel needed to craft each item? 30 gel and 25 gel seems to low for me.
Also, how about making the slime sword (and possibly the slime staff) a drop from the King Slime?
I think the Slimy Sword shouldn't be dropped by King Slime, as we have enough drops from him already. Also, Slime Staff has a 50% drop chance from King Slime :)

These ideas are cool, but you should change the name of the Slime Staff, because the slime minion summoner is already called that.

Maybe you should change the "slime jacket" to "gel jacket." I have a sprite here: Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 3.46.18 PM.png

Also, make The gel boots and gloves way more rare (0.5%) because you kill many slimes, and having that much chance will fill your inventory because they don't stack. Also rename them to "gel sandals." here's the sprite: Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 3.45.19 PM.png

Finally, got the sprite for the gel Gloves: Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 3.27.39 PM.png

Maybe you should change the "slime jacket" to "gel jacket." I have a sprite here: View attachment 145223

Also, make The gel boots and gloves way more rare (0.5%) because you kill many slimes, and having that much chance will fill your inventory because they don't stack. Also rename them to "gel sandals." here's the sprite: View attachment 145222

Finally, got the sprite for the gel Gloves: View attachment 145221
I think that slime jacket is a good name for it already. Can you explain why it should be called that? Added the sprites. Do you think you could make an image of what the Gel Boots and Gloves look like on your character? Thanks :)

I don't think the gel soles should have a double jump. Pink slimes can't so it doesn't make sense. Also, they can't fall slowly. Keep the soles just as a method of gravity negation, and maybe add some other power, like the ability to jump on enemies for ~12 damage a stomp, like the slime mount.
[doublepost=1477443993,1477443812][/doublepost]
I think that slime jacket is a good name for it already. Can you explain why it should be called that? Added the sprites. Do you think you could make an image of what the Gel Boots and Gloves look like on your character? Thanks :)

Ok, ill work on it later. I just thought that the gel jacket would be a good idea, considering it's solid green. It just looks more like it's made of gel than it's slimy, but it's fine if you don't agree.

I got carried away making a slime rod sprite even though you did not ask for one but here it is
Slimerod.png
I would animate slime falling down the staff but I dont know how to do animations

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom