Sprites Small Suggestion Monday: Flying Fox Items!

Yes?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Needs Work! (Specify plz.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, we all know this guy.
Giant_Flying_Fox.png
The Giant Flying Fox. But it doesn't have much use now, does it? Let's add some cool new drops to this cool enemy!

Tattered Fox Wing:
Tattered Fox Wing.png
2.5% drop rate, used to craft Fox Wings.

Fox Wings:
Flying Fox Wings.png
Crafted with 1 Tattered Fox Wing and 20 Souls of Flight, these wings have a flight time of 2.33 seconds.

Flying Fox Staff:
Flying Fox Staff.png
5% drop rate, summons a Flying Fox minion (
Fox Minion.gif
reference to the original sprite) that flies after you're enemies, dealing 40 damage.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Love the idea! However, the summoning staff should be buffed a bit due to the low damage it does compared to the higher defense stats enemies get in hardmode. The effort would also not be worth it since you would have to venture into the jungle early as a summoner, which is highly risky. Maybe about 35 damage would be more reasonable, or 40 depending on the nature of the weapon.

The sprites are amazing as always.

Love the idea! However, the summoning staff should be buffed a bit due to the low damage it does compared to the higher defense stats enemies get in hardmode. The effort would also not be worth it since you would have to venture into the jungle early as a summoner, which is highly risky. Maybe about 35 damage would be more reasonable, or 40 depending on the nature of the weapon.

The sprites are amazing as always.
Ok, I buffed the base damage and made it inflict Feral Bite. Thanks for the feedback though!

Ok, I buffed the base damage and made it inflict Feral Bite. Thanks for the feedback though!
Why in the world would anyone want to inflict Feral Bite on an enemy? Enemies are entirely immune to every debuff inflicted by Feral Bite (with the possible exception of Confused) and would also gain a damage increase. Obviously, a minion that makes the player takes more damage from enemies is incredibly counterproductive.

Why in the world would anyone want to inflict Feral Bite on an enemy? Enemies are entirely immune to every debuff inflicted by Feral Bite (with the possible exception of Confused) and would also gain a damage increase. Obviously, a minion that makes the player takes more damage from enemies is incredibly counterproductive.
Oops! Didn't know that many enemies are immune to Feral Bite. I'll change that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Good suggestion, however, there are a lot of other enemies that also drop nothing but coins that I feel should also get some love. Like the derpling, or herpling, or angry trapper, etc. etc. etc. That said, I like this idea, full support.

These would be cool items for the flying fox, but unfortunately most enemies in the game are fill-in enemies meant to give you a challenge as you explore a certain area and you are rewarded with coins. When they do drop more, it's usually a crafting material that's a lot of times just for potions, and there are of course exceptions. Usually enemies that drop items are rarer enemies like mimics for example or harder enemies like bosses.

These would be cool items for the flying fox, but unfortunately most enemies in the game are fill-in enemies meant to give you a challenge as you explore a certain area and you are rewarded with coins. When they do drop more, it's usually a crafting material that's a lot of times just for potions, and there are of course exceptions. Usually enemies that drop items are rarer enemies like mimics for example or harder enemies like bosses.
Tis' a saddening fate.

Back
Top Bottom