Weapons & Equip Smartphones : The Ankh Charm of Info

Would you like to see this, something similar, or an edited version of it in 1.3?

• Total voters

Apollodorus

Terrarian
Hello fellow Terrarians, and welcome to my second-ever suggestion!

It has been announced that we will get new informational accessories in the 1.3 update, and the GPS will no longer cut it.

That's where the tPhone comes in. It would have the functionality of the GPS, along with the new accessories involved in crafting.

Recipe :
GPS.png
+
Lens.png
+
Wire.png
+ Suitable new accessories

Note : By suitable, I mean any accessory that has an effect that makes sense to have on a phone, like something that tells you the weather, moon phase, and average/estimated DPS.

There would be different modes the tPhone could be on, which would change depending which App is open. Apps would have more unique effects than the normal functions of the GPS and various accessories.

The current App would change when held in the hand and 'swung,' aka clicked with. It would display a message to the player along the the lines of "Current App : -Insert App Name Here- "

List of Potential Apps
  • Wiki Page : Allows you to see enemy info when mouse is hovering over them, taken from @Baconfry's idea : Nerd Glasses.​
  • Crafting Handguide : Allows you to view items that can be crafted with a selected item (when inventory is open) similar to the Guide. Also tells you which crafting station to make it at.​
  • Fitness Tracker : Shows regen/second, damage mitigation, and lets you see specifics of a buff when hovered over, by specifics, I mean percentages for vague buffs, like the sun stone's.​
  • TerraMaps : The normal map is replaced by a map that you can place waypoints on, waypoints are saved when exiting the app (of course). Waypoints can also be removed, named, and moved.​
  • Camera : Lets you scroll/extend screen a bit, in the same fashion as binoculars.​
  • Chest + : When inventory is open, you can 'search' for an item, by typing in the name of it, or dragging one of the item to the search bar, and it will highlight on-screen chests that contain the item.​

As always, thank you for your time and attention, and any advice, criticism, or suggestions are more than welcome.

Last edited:
I'm not positive, but this sounds like a Watch Dogs reference :p

Regardless, I like the suggestion! However the player animation may not work unless it is an accessory, because informational accessories will work from within the inventory in 1.3.

I'm not positive, but this sounds like a Watch Dogs reference :p

Regardless, I like the suggestion! However the player animation may not work unless it is an accessory, because informational accessories will work from within the inventory.

Oops. Did I really forget too mention that this is an accessory :confused: I'll fix that.
Watch_Dogs is a wonderful game ;)

I think you need to add some glass and 1 lense . I think you could have even an "hotkey" for easy screen shots as well as the ability to "expand" the view range . Great concept so far.:)
Edit: By expand I mean a very big zoom out.

I think you need to add some glass and 1 lense . I think you could have even an "hotkey" for easy screen shots as well as the ability to "expand" the view range . Great concept so far.:)
I believe that 1.3 has better screenshot capabilities available in the inventory? I'm unsure of this, since I read through the spoilers rather quickly.

Yeah, but when I thought about it, the GPS kinda just gains wires, glass and a bunch of stuff. I'm considering removing the wire component, just for simplicity's sake

I think the smartest thing is the human brain.

I don't really think something so technological would fit in the game, my complaint is just of the name. It could probably have a different name and still fit all of these functions. This is just me though, this is a fine suggestion as it is!

I think the smartest thing is the human brain.

I don't really think something so technological would fit in the game, my complaint is just of the name. It could probably have a different name and still fit all of these functions. This is just me though, this is a fine suggestion as it is!

Yeah, I'm not satisfied with it. Thankfully, it's a WIP.

I just thought about making a pun, what do you guys think about a name similar to the tPhone, *Sounded a lot better in my head*

Meh. I'm open to suggestions for the name.

How about we can also combine your statistic suggestion with this one?
I could see it working, but I personally don't like over-the-top or conjoined suggestions. I personally think it might decrease the chances of either of them being implemented if it's a package deal.

Oh another idea. You can interact with NPCs. WHen you open your phone you have an NPC app. YOu can choose which NPC to interact with.

Confusing?

Example: You are in a cave, you want bombs. What the hell do you do? You go to your tPhone and go to your NPC's app of course! You can tap on Demolitionist and buy some bombs. But it bombs cost 40% more if you want to buy them this way and it will take 1 minute for it to come.

Ooh, a smartphone? Will it allow me to constantly browse TCF for half of my waking hours at the cost of practically all social interaction with people around me?

This is cute. Not only can we go to pun-topia with the naming, but this would be a really handy way to save inventory slots, always a plus.
How did I get you to comment on my second suggestion. What is life. Thanks for your support, it should be a big help in... something.

Also, a pun-topia would be something I can see Red doing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425163030][/DOUBLEPOST]
The tooltip should be "Will be outdated in two months!", because Apple.
Shots fired ;)

Back
Top Bottom