Weapons & Equip Smartphones : The Ankh Charm of Info

Would you like to see this, something similar, or an edited version of it in 1.3?

• Total voters
Gah, eh, meh, y - ... Ok. So the concept, for starters, is pretty unoriginal and unsuitable, no offense. I like where you're going with it, but I'm not sure I like the suggestion.

Yes you may have people who support the suggestion, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them. You've got some fixing to do, a bit of elaboration to compensate for, and maybe a bit more brainstorming.

Gah, eh, meh, y - ... Ok. So the concept, for starters, is pretty unoriginal and unsuitable, no offense. I like where you're going with it, but I'm not sure I like the suggestion.

Yes you may have people who support the suggestion, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them. You've got some fixing to do, a bit of elaboration to compensate for, and maybe a bit more brainstorming.
None, taken, I wasn't trying to be original or anything, and like I said, criticism is welcome. Could you perhaps tell me the areas you felt lacking, or any ideas/opinions you have on ways I could improve this/my future suggestions?

To start off, it felt like you just left it there loosely. You should try to post a suggestion with more, well, structure to it. Don't just say "oh and this is going to happen", you need to expand and make your suggestions a little more correctly.

I think it's a little unfair to add a tinker of an item that we do not actually know the functions of yet.

Anyways, just addressing some things floating around:

Oh another idea. You can interact with NPCs. WHen you open your phone you have an NPC app. YOu can choose which NPC to interact with.

Confusing?

Example: You are in a cave, you want bombs. What the hell do you do? You go to your tPhone and go to your NPC's app of course! You can tap on Demolitionist and buy some bombs. But it bombs cost 40% more if you want to buy them this way and it will take 1 minute for it to come.
Personally don't like the idea of remote purchasing stuff. If you're going out, you better be prepared, or prepared to take the fall for it. Not just whip out your smartphone and be "Oh hey demoman sup yeah so funny story I left my bombs at home, can I buy some from ya? Alright here's da money lemme stuff it through my phone."

Addendum : If this isn't already implemented, it could allow you to PM other players in a multiplayer server, if they also have a tPhone. I've never played multiplayer, so idk if it's a thing.

Ooooor we could just get a /w, /msg, /tell, or whatever. Don't see why everyone needs to have an accessory to PM.

I can't offer support or the lack of because I don't actually know what accessories are being added into 1.3 that would be combined into this.

Personally don't like the idea of remote purchasing stuff. If you're going out, you better be prepared, or prepared to take the fall for it. Not just whip out your smartphone and be "Oh hey demoman sup yeah so funny story I left my bombs at home, can I buy some from ya? Alright here's da money lemme stuff it through my phone."
How about I make the fees higher from 40% to 80%? As a small penalty for being unprepared.

I'm just really glad that some of the well known an
I think it's a little unfair to add a tinker of an item that we do not actually know the functions of yet.

Anyways, just addressing some things floating around:

Ooooor we could just get a /w, /msg, /tell, or whatever. Don't see why everyone needs to have an accessory to PM.

I can't offer support or the lack of because I don't actually know what accessories are being added into 1.3 that would be combined into this.

All fair points, I didn't add the remote contacting NPC's because I wasn't particularly fond of it either, and it didn't make sense to me.

Also, I kept it vague with the crafting recipe, with the word "Applicable" so that only accessories that made sense would be involved. And as for the PM thing, that would be nice, and make more sense, I was just trying to think of uses a phone would have, not saying that shouldn't exist. Like apps, or a flashlight perhaps?

How about I make the fees higher from 40% to 80%? As a small penalty for being unprepared.
That's still pretty much no penalty if you think about it, because I assume you're not trying to buy anything that's actually expensive ("Oh hurr durr I forgot my clentamitor i better just buy a new one"). A bomb would go up 2 silver and 40 copper. Really not that much, considering how much money you can get in a cave (or anywhere besides the surface forest.)

To start off, it felt like you just left it there loosely. You should try to post a suggestion with more, well, structure to it. Don't just say "oh and this is going to happen", you need to expand and make your suggestions a little more correctly.
Yeah, that bothered me a bit before I posted it. I basically thought that it's my second suggestion, so I might as well try. I might redo it soon, probably will, or abandon.

Also, what do you think about adding a sort of apps feature to the suggestion, like you can have the Flashlight app on, to provide a small amount of light, or a sort of Wiki-style app that lets you view crafting recipes, similar to the guide? Just ideas ~

That's still pretty much no penalty if you think about it, because I assume you're not trying to buy anything that's actually expensive ("Oh hurr durr I forgot my clentamitor i better just buy a new one"). A bomb would go up 2 silver and 40 copper. Really not that much, considering how much money you can get in a cave (or anywhere besides the surface forest.)
How about by 150%

Do you think this is better? Any more advice or advice on this layout? I'm pretty new at this, and want to learn to make better suggestions.

Well, it is endgame.

Well, it is endgame.
My issue is more that a) the logistics make no sense, it's not a 3-D printer, and b) I'd just be selling a bunch of loot and have no inventory space issues.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425178947][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, idk how I'd make it so the stores come up, it'd have to be a new hotkey, which is a bit much to ask for.

Back
Top Bottom