So how to actually kill Fishron in 1.3....?

If you aren't already playing on a Large World, I suggest you build your arena there. It's a lot easier than trying to fight Enraged Fishron.

Going up into space does not enrage Fishron. I bumped into the top of the map repeatedly while fighting him and nothing happened. Grav pots are still probably the best way to beat him.

Just make a note of what horizontal distance the ocean music starts playing. Then keep an eye on your compass while you're falling around and don't go past that point.

I PRESENT PLAN ? so since in 1.3 we can get all the lunar event stuff. Like solar eruption, nebula arcanum, stardust dragon staff and phantasm including the moon lord drops if the player can obtain that. so you set up a giant minecart track across the world. And use a mechanacal cart to out run enraged duke fishron. So the player can just use lunar event weapons and a mech cart to kill him! i just dont know how fast he goes

Hoverboard may be better than most wings against Duke Fishron, since you can hover (keeping the DOWN key pressed while moving to the RIGHT and LEFT in mid-air). Using a hoverboard coupled with Ecna's plan and TerribleToaster moving-in-circles motion can really help you.

This does work to outrun him, I actually kept having to slow down the mech cart a little... I had it going back and forth instead of all the way across but it worked fine =)

If it's going back and forth, how are you not hitting the sharknadoes he puts down? Any chance you could post a screenshot of your track setup? (Nowhere close to attempting him yet, just entered hard mode on expert, but still wondering)

The enrage condition for Duke is pretty rough, but you still have more room than you think. Fight OVER the water, not just the beach. Platforms or a water walking potion will do the trick.

How to kill Duke Fishron?

Yeah, sorry, another video post again. I just find it easier to explain something with definite proof to back me up.

This video shows that you can still make plenty of errors against it and still beat it. Pre-Moon gear and without abusing super speed like a sissy.

Me and my friends skip duke and went for the cutlist then went for the solar biome to get day break.
Once you get the daybreak just fly around the ocean biome with buffs and good armor , also when it goes into rage mode it just flys 5 miles faster.
Me and my 2 other friends did this it took us about 5 time and till beat him *also it was in expert mode*

i did it in expert mode easily because if you think about it you need to just go in a figure of eight or a circle

If it's going back and forth, how are you not hitting the sharknadoes he puts down? Any chance you could post a screenshot of your track setup? (Nowhere close to attempting him yet, just entered hard mode on expert, but still wondering)

It's just a straight line, I think because he's enraged at that point he's just chasing trying to hit me instead of stopping to do the sharknadoes.

Hoverboard may be better than most wings against Duke Fishron, since you can hover (keeping the DOWN key pressed while moving to the RIGHT and LEFT in mid-air). Using a hoverboard coupled with Ecna's plan and TerribleToaster moving-in-circles motion can really help you.
Hoverboard is amazing for Dude Fishman. Kiting his dodges is way easier and if you're in multiplayer you can keep him closer to the ground area for your friends to hit him as well.

I will swear by Hoverboard until the day I die. It does so much work it's ridiculous, and it frees up an accessory slot since you don't need to use boots with it due to how quickly hovering lets you move.

I don't use boots anymore regardless. Solar Flare wings give enough horizontal movement speed.

But yeah Duke Fishron is by far the hardest boss in the game. The Moon Lord doesn't even come close. I can cheese him with the Phantasm and the Last Prism, but not with much health to spare. It's best to see him as the final "secret" boss in the game.

I managed to defeat Fishron by using a Xenopopper, Shroomite (Bullet) Armour, Chlorophyte Bullets and the Destroyter + Ranged embelms. The UFO mount also made it so much easier, as long as you don't go into the water.

This was on Expert Mode, if you were curious.

I've fought him enraged as I forgot about the change, he began ramming ultra fast and hit me for well over 200 damage, and then I died in about 3 seconds.

I really hope they undo this change, for more than one reason. And before I begin, I have defeated him since 1.3.

First, I disagree with the needing to set up an arena for a battle to be possible, at least on normal mode. The player should be able to win on skill and quick learning on their first try, not be expected to set up an arena, even if it is just simple platforms on the ocean's surface and then again higher up.

Second, there isn't any real indicator that the player isn't allowed to lure him away from the ocean. The first time a player fishes him up, when they see a boss suddenly appear, one of the first things that comes to mind is RUN AWAY! And for doing that they're killed in seconds. They try, try, try again, and are repeatedly killed, not knowing that he remains weaker in the ocean? Players should be able to win without having to check the wiki.

Third, the battle is.. just not as fun this way. Before this change he could be fought entirely at the ocean as well, so this only limits us on how he can be fought. I didn't use asphalt bridges, so I'd still have to kite carefully as he'd easily ram into me without adjusting my vertical speed. I'd still have to watch out for the waves of sharkrons and the cthulunados (when turning around).

He was a challenge for me this way, but a fun challenge. This change.. he's still a challenge, but all the fun is sucked out of the fight for me. Really hope they change it back. At least for Normal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom