Solar pillar incredibly hard???

For the solar pillar just simply stay on the ground preferred areas are up against a hill or dig a 4 by 6 hole and stay in it. The solar pillar shouldn't spawn the centipede as long as you stay on the ground.. no potions or buffs needed. I used solar flare

Do the Pillars spawn in the same place each time? or do they move about.

There are 4 spots on your world that are designated pillar spawns, however WHICH pillars spawn at which spots are entirely random every time the pillars are summoned.

So, if you put a little hidey-hut at all 4, they will be in the right locations, it's just you won't know ahead of time which pillar will spawn at that spot.

In addition to that, there's a range of about 200 tiles in which the pillars can generate, centered around the four fixed points. So they move a bit, but in general a pillar always spawns approximately at the same spot.

In addition to that, there's a range of about 200 tiles in which the pillars can generate, centered around the four fixed points. So they move a bit, but in general a pillar always spawns approximately at the same spot.
It's usually close enough that if you make a hut for purposes of huddling in it for the Solar Pillar (or even any pillar), it's probably going to be close enough that you can at least break its shield, though the pillar itself you may need to actually be out in the open to kill if its too far away.

To me, the Solar Pillar is quite a hassle to deal with the 360 no-scope worms if you stay in mid-air of too long, and if you stay in the ground, corlites, etc will try to make your life even more miserable. It's so a hassle to deal with, and best thing: I hate the Solar Pillar.

To me, the Solar Pillar is quite a hassle to deal with the 360 no-scope worms if you stay in mid-air of too long, and if you stay in the ground, corlites, etc will try to make your life even more miserable. It's so a hassle to deal with, and best thing: I hate the Solar Pillar.

Try the box strategy. Seriously, try it. Especially if you already have a Solar Eruption, even if you're not a melee character. Build a box near all the pillar spawns and then laugh at the silly mobs that can't touch you whatsoever.

Try the box strategy. Seriously, try it. Especially if you already have a Solar Eruption, even if you're not a melee character. Build a box near all the pillar spawns and then laugh at the silly mobs that can't touch you whatsoever.

Alright. But did you know, that i survived thousands of Air 360 MLG worms and Solar mobs trying to kill me? That's how i call it a hassle, but a good hassle.

Alright. But did you know, that i survived thousands of Air 360 MLG worms and Solar mobs trying to kill me? That's how i call it a hassle, but a good hassle.

Well the "MLG Worms" are made the way they are so that you cannot exploit the weakness of the Solar Pillar's enemies by flying over their heads where they can't hit you.

That's why the "MLG Worm" exists in the first place. It is meant to be "unfair", to keep you from pulling cheap, unfair tactics on the rest of the mobs. Every other pillar has lots of flying enemies except the Solar Pillar, and Re-Logic knew that players would simply stay airborne to make the Solar Pillar a joke.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have miscalculated the ease of building a box too. But then again, you need to know where the 4 pillars will spawn to build boxes near them so that implies you've fought them without boxes at least once.

Well the "MLG Worms" are made the way they are so that you cannot exploit the weakness of the Solar Pillar's enemies by flying over their heads where they can't hit you.

That's why the "MLG Worm" exists in the first place. It is meant to be "unfair", to keep you from pulling cheap, unfair tactics on the rest of the mobs. Every other pillar has lots of flying enemies except the Solar Pillar, and Re-Logic knew that players would simply stay airborne to make the Solar Pillar a joke.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have miscalculated the ease of building a box too. But then again, you need to know where the 4 pillars will spawn to build boxes near them so that implies you've fought them without boxes at least once.

Yep. That's why everyone hates the MLG Worm. Boxes do work.

Plus, i can't imagine 1,000 player army could fair against the Solar Pillar in Expert Mode.

Yep. That's why everyone hates the MLG Worm. Boxes do work.

Plus, i can't imagine 1,000 player army could fair against the Solar Pillar in Expert Mode.

I don't really "hate" the MLG Worm, because I know its purpose and I understand the balance reasons behind it existing. That and it's rather easy to avoid, even if you don't build a box, you can just fight the stuff on the edge of the event area until you take the shield down. Get hit too many times from Corites? Just retreat a little.

Or, indeed, just die because if you stick all your money in a bank then you don't gotta worry about it dropping and these guys don't drop any for you to collect while you do the event.

To be honest I have quite a hard time beating the solar pillar. If it's not the drakions or selenians killing me it the crawlipedes, (curse you crawlipedes!) . It actually is quite hard even for a veteran like me. I have end game gear, a max of 111 defence and I still die alot from the pillar.

To be honest I have quite a hard time beating the solar pillar. If it's not the drakions or selenians killing me it the crawlipedes, (curse you crawlipedes!) . It actually is quite hard even for a veteran like me. I have end game gear, a max of 111 defence and I still die alot from the pillar.

Build a box and huddle in it (build one at each pillar spawn site).

They literally cannot touch you without line of sight unless a corite stumbles upon you by accident.

There are a plethora of weapons, especially Solar Eruption, that will allow you to kill them with ease from within your box.

I really think that it needs to be nerfed so that it is the same as the other pillard i died 20 times on it and 0 on the others

All you really need to do is build a box with a 1 block gap that is not in Line of Sight to yourself, and just stick your yo-yo out and kill stuff. You usually won't get hit much, if at all unless they really changed something recently.

The trick to it is staying airborne, and out maneuvering crawltipedes. They are surprisingly fragile

Mages and rangers might have some trouble with selenians deflecting their projectiles back at them

Back
Top Bottom