Console Some questions for Console Terrarians

Freakshow

Queen Bee
Since the console 1.3 update is going to arrive soon (ETA May, 2017). I want to ask some questions to all Console Terrarians.

1. What will you miss about 1.2 - 1.2.4? As there are many changes to graphics and sounds in 1.3. (That's a given)

I will miss the Old look of some blocks like ores. *sniff

2. What will you love about 1.3? It could be a change to an older feature or a completely new one.

I would love the addition of more laser weapons. (Now I can finish the humans vs. aliens map that i never really got to work on)

3. What do you hope Pipeworks will add that is not a in-game feature of the PC?

I would adore the option to use/have world options. Like commands, but they would last until they were deactivated. (Trait Zones, life reset, ect.)

These are just some questions that I thought of to keep us hyped for 1.3. Thank you Pipeworks for taking up this heavy responsibility, I wish you guys the best of luck.

Hello, I am patiently waiting for 1.3, here are my answers:
1. Definitely, what I will miss will be the game balance, more than anything else.
2. If they decide to touch Ocram, that old good-for-nothing boss needs a remake.
3. I hope that they add new hairstyles, and eye/skin color change options, but mostly the hairstyles.

I will miss getting the party girl real easily
I will love the new magic start of game weapons
A Ocram treasure bag will be pretty cool

I'm gonna miss the old console ui
I can't wait for expert mode
I hope they maybe make console exclusive stuff better, since at the moment it's already outclassed by 1.2 stuff, and will only be further outclassed by 1.3 armors and weapons

2. As someone who has played 1.3 on pc I can honestly say we're in for a real treat. Not only new endgame bosses but some 800 new items sprinkled all over the place. I strongly recommend starting a new world + character playthrough to have a chance to experience them all in their proper progression. And there are many tweaks and additions to the existing bosses and events. The solar eclipse is absolutely awesome!

1. I'm gonna miss the UI and controls. So easy and relaxing to use. Even when playing the pc version on the big screen with a controller it's just not the same. I just can't seem to relax.

Things like reforging a weapon is much more cumbersome on the pc version, and I suspect it will be the same in the new console version. And I'm gonna miss being able to exit without saving when for example you have spent all your money on reforging only to end up with something crappy. I know it's cheating but I don't care.

Auto-opening (and closing) doors. I don't like the current implementation where doors close when you pass through even though they were left open to begin with (I like to leave my inner doors open to get around easier). Sadly I think this is the implementation that the new console version will have. I'll probably resort to using RoD to get around my base like I currently do.

Auto-opening (and closing) doors. I don't like the current implementation where doors close when you pass through even though they were left open to begin with (I like to leave my inner doors open to get around easier). Sadly I think this is the implementation that the new console version will have. I'll probably resort to using RoD to get around my base like I currently do.

I'm sure I read somewhere that this is staying as auto open and close for consoles.

Can't think for the life of me where I read it now :(

I'm sure I read somewhere that this is staying as auto open and close for consoles.

Can't think for the life of me where I read it now :(
Liz Lambert confirmed it in one of their streams some time ago that doors would auto-open like on console and mobile. And gameplay footage confirms it, though the "auto-closing any open doors" part that I dislike has not been confirmed in any footage so far that I have seen. But with my luck thats probably in.
When the function was first introduced, someone suggested adding an option in Preferences to turn it off altogehter. I could live with that.

Anyway, back on topic:
3. Cloud saves. It would be great if it was possible to copy characters/worlds to the cloud for backup purposes. If the cloud service also supports pc, it would open up the possibility to transfer console saves to the pc version of Terraria. As the pc version is ahead of the console version it would be one-way (until console catches up).

I'll throw my two cents in why not?

1. I'll miss the Gravity Globe. The only unobtainable that likely won't survive the recode and I very much like having it around when building.

2. Bubbles. I want bubbles. I want them with honey and I want them with lava. Most of all, I want to spend way too much platinum on bubbles.

3. I'm excited to see what ocram could bring to expert mode. Or get a good laugh at what they rename the portal gun to.

I'll throw my two cents in why not?

1. I'll miss the Gravity Globe. The only unobtainable that likely won't survive the recode and I very much like having it around when building.

2. Bubbles. I want bubbles. I want them with honey and I want them with lava. Most of all, I want to spend way too much platinum on bubbles.

3. I'm excited to see what ocram could bring to expert mode. Or get a good laugh at what they rename the portal gun to.

Actually, Ocram is being removed completely, so you better start farming for his mask and trophy. The ocram trophy and mask will be kept in as "legacy items." I'm honestly disappointed, as I'm almost never in favor of content being removed.

Anyways, to answer the original post:
1. I'll miss all of the console exclusives, as they are being removed.
2. I'm excited for everything 1.3 has to offer.
3. I'm not too sure what I'd hope for, but whatever it is, I'm sure I'll love it when it arrives.

Notice how my post was made before the pipeworks announcement. No :red: ocram is getting removed.

I apologize for not comparing the dates beforehand, but I don't believe the rudeness was necessary. Excuse me for attempting to inform you of information that you had already known.

Notice how my post was made before the pipeworks announcement. No :red: ocram is getting removed.
I agree that the rudeness was unnecessary. @MoeHolyGhost, we expect members to treat other members with respect here, there wasn't any need for the caustic post. NotEnuff was truly just trying to help and missed the dates.

I apologize for not comparing the dates beforehand, but I don't believe the rudeness was necessary. Excuse me for attempting to inform you of information that you had already known.
I apologize for my earlier rudeness. I only saw your post after learning of yet another delay and my jimmies were thoroughly russled.

However, before attempting to quote someone on info related matters. Please take timing into consideration. The console area is dead now save for a delay thread so posts are very few and far between.

Again, my bad dude. You didn't deserve that.

I apologize for my earlier rudeness. I only saw your post after learning of yet another delay and my jimmies were thoroughly russled.

However, before attempting to quote someone on info related matters. Please take timing into consideration. The console area is dead now save for a delay thread so posts are very few and far between.

Again, my bad dude. You didn't deserve that.

It's alright haha. You are correct, I should have checked the date on which you had made the post. Had I checked the dates before replying, this would have been avoided.

1. I will miss Ocram being an exclusive boss for Console Edition. Its removal from the game wasn't really necessary, in my opinion.
2. I will love to fight the Lunatic Cultist, Celestial Pillar event, and the Moon Lord for the first time!
3. I would personally love to see commands added to Console Edition in some way, even if it's just something minor such as teleportation or a way to give yourself items. Even though I know there won't be an exclusive thing for Console anymore, it'd still be cool to see.

1. I miss the old versions (1.1, 1.2,...) sprites
2. I will fight the new enemies (MOON LORD, Granite Golem,...) in these versions
3. console exclusive commands would make sense
But 1.3 needs to be released

Back
Top Bottom