Items Souls of Plight - Crimson Souls

What should Crimson Wings be called?

• I have my own suggestion! (Post below)

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crimson Wings!

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Vampire Wings!

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Membrane Wings!

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Dragon Wings!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Blood(y) Wings!

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • No opinion. :l

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
It's always bugged me how purple shadow-themed Souls of Night spawn in a gore-themed Crimson biome. That's why I present these:

Soul of Plight.png

Soul of Plight
"The essence of savage creatures."
*Dropped by 1/5 enemies in the Underground Crimson Biome in place of Souls of Night.

These aren't entirely visual, though. They will be used to craft Crimson-themed items that would otherwise fall to Souls of Night to be a part of.
Golden_Shower.png

Golden Shower
New Recipe:
Ichor.png
Ichor (30)
Soul of Plight.png
Souls of Plight (15)
Spell_Tome.png
Spell Tome

Mechanical_Worm.png

Mechanical Worm
Crimson Recipe:
Vertebrae.png
Vertebrae (6)
Iron_Bar.png
Lead_Bar.png
Iron or Lead Bars (5)
Soul of Plight.png
Souls of Plight (6)

Magical_Harp.png
Neptune%27s_Shell.png
Mechanical_Skull.png

Magic Harp, Neptune's Shell, and Mechanical Skull
Soul of Plight.png
Recipes would accept either Souls of Night or Souls of Plight.

Also, this would allow for a Crimson-exclusive set of wings to take the place of Demon Wings, first explored by @Zoomo in the Cyber.

index.php
index.php

[Crimson] Wings
*Vote for what you think the name should be by using the poll!
In the poll:
Crimson Wings. Duh.
Vampire Wings. Name by Zoomo.
Membrane Wings. Sounds better than "Flesh Wings" imho.
Dragon Wings. Unique, but maybe a bit dubious.
Blood(y) Wings. A bit generic, but could work.

Suggested
:

Gargoyle Wings. Name by Baconfry.
Death Wings. Name by GibbDuck.
Flesh Wings. Name by Zwift.
Tissue Wings. Name by stormconure.
Gore Wings. Name by Spectre Guide.
Withered Wings. Name by Spectre Guide.
Bloodstained Wings. Name by XxMakeItRainxX.
Infernal Wings. Name by XxMakeItRainxX.
Tendon Wings. Name by Scarecrow.
*Same vertical height as Demon Wings, but increased glide speed.
Recipe:
Soul of Plight.png
Souls of Plight (25)
Soul_of_Flight.png
Souls of Flight (20)
Feather.png
Feathers or Torn Membrane (10)
(Torn Membrane is a suggestion by @Baconfry. Check it out!)

Just a simple suggestion with a simple aesthetic purpose behind it. Feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
There we go again, with the distinct lack of a mechanical Brain of Cthulhu making me itch more than ever... not that there's anything you can do about that that you haven't done already.

The funny thing is that Demons appear in neither the Crimson nor Corruption, but if we were to go this way, I could go with either Vampire Wings or Gargoyle Wings.

The definition of plight: A dangerous, difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation.

Edit:
Does flesh(y) wings sound good?

I went with vampire however crimson works well enough. Semi support, even though I would implement it differently. :p

Still, we'll run out of 'Ight' soon

Which is probably why Terraria is moving along to a new phase. The Lunar phase which seems to be more about technology, rather than fantasy. I think it works quite fine as it as I doubt we will be realistically getting that much more added biome and soul wise with Pre Plantera.

Which is probably why Terraria is moving along to a new phase. The Lunar phase which seems to be more about technology, rather than fantasy. I think it works quite fine as it as I doubt we will be realistically getting that much more added biome and soul wise with Pre Plantera.
True.

But I prefer going to a new trend. That's just me

And with the arrival of my Idolatry project, there won't be "Ight"s in that

Definitely not the first time suggested so it's hard to shout SUPPORT for an idea as old as the commonly thought up mechanical BoC. What I don't like much about the word Plight is how it contains the word Light, as well as being a very uncommon word so it loses appeal for being a word most may not understand. We do have Flight but it isn't the soul opposite of Light.. and wyverns are usually associated with the Hallow anyway, like in the Hallow forum skin even.

The only new thing being proposed here are the wings, but they look too similar to the demon wings, I think. They don't look bad, but I'd rather something completely different looking.

But why keep the 'Ight' up? It couldn't hurt to try something new
For consistency. All the souls are recolors too, so having one that didn't rhyme would be like having a soul that was a square. It wouldn't fit in with the rest.

True.

But I prefer going to a new trend. That's just me

And with the arrival of my Idolatry project, there won't be "Ight"s in that

Well at the point it just reaches personal preference and comes down to the developers choice on what to do. It just makes sense thematically for them to keep using the Ight scheme, in my opinion.

Good luck with your project, hopefully I'll see it soon. ^^

Definitely not the first time suggested so it's hard to shout SUPPORT for an idea as old as the commonly thought up mechanical BoC. What I don't like much about the word Plight is how it contains the word Light, as well as being a very uncommon word so it loses appeal for being a word most may not understand. We do have Flight but it isn't the soul opposite of Light.. and wyverns are usually associated with the Hallow anyway, like in the Hallow forum skin even.

The only new thing being proposed here are the wings, but they look too similar to the demon wings, I think. They don't look bad, but I'd rather something completely different looking.
You got a point. So maybe in a crimson alt world, maybe we could have:

Airborne Virus
(SPRITE COMING SOON)
750 HP
50 Defense
60 Melee Damage, 40 Spit Damage
Bat AI
Drops Soul of Flight (same amount Wyvern drops)

And also, why should we have a mechanical BoC? Why not something new?
Yeah, bad idea.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422852628][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well at the point it just reaches personal preference and comes down to the developers choice on what to do. It just makes sense thematically for them to keep using the Ight scheme, in my opinion.

Good luck with your project, hopefully I'll see it soon. ^^
Ah I see...

And thanks! Be sure to check out my status for spoilers!

I don't really agree with souls of plight. The wings are a pretty neat idea, but then we would need some sort of rotting wings.

About the plight thing, not all recipes need a different material. Also crimson/ corruption are kind of "dark" biomes, so souls of night is appropriate. Unnecessary things, like extra souls doesn't really add anything other than another item to collect, In my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom