PC Space Monster Issues

JimothyOnTV

Skeletron Prime
Hi. I have this one world. In this world, there is an NPC apartment/my house/storage thing/weapon display/crafting room building. But for some weird reason, whenever I go to the 3rd floor and above, I keep getting bombarded with Harpies and the occasional Wyvern. What should I do?

Small worlds tend to be so small, that harpies and wyverns can spawn when you're standing on the surface. Build something high and you're almost guaranteed to run into them.
I'm assuming your world is small, because medium and large worlds generally don't have this problem, unless you start building pretty high.

What Sigma90 said; you'll have to attract more NPC's to this area, so enemies stop spawning. I'm not exactly sure how many NPC's you need, but my guess is 4 or 5.

Hi. I have this one world. In this world, there is an NPC apartment/my house/storage thing/weapon display/crafting room building. But for some weird reason, whenever I go to the 3rd floor and above, I keep getting bombarded with Harpies and the occasional Wyvern. What should I do?
yes because like I said, the building is an apartment for NPCs. in fact, ALL of the NPCs in my world live in the apartment

If you're saying that you still get visited by wyverns, even though there are many NPC's in the neighbourhood, then that either means you're playing on Expert (which occasionally spawns monsters even though there are NPC's around) or you're using mods.

If you're saying that you still get visited by wyverns, even though there are many NPC's in the neighbourhood, then that either means you're playing on Expert (which occasionally spawns monsters even though there are NPC's around) or you're using mods.
nope. neither of those

Well, if you care to investigate: I'd love to see that map. If it happens to you, then it should also happen to me.

If you could upload a screenshot of your house in the sky, I'd also be curious to take a look if you don't feel comfortable sharing your World File.

Because direct uploading on the Forums is not functioning properly at this time, you would have to use a site like imgur to share the screenshot, or Dropbox to share the World file.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is possible that if you have player placed wall in your area in the sky, it should prevent Wyverns from spawning as long as you remain in the area your wall is. That should also prevent Harpies from spawning inside of your house as long as all areas have player placed wall. They will still be able to spawn outside though.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is possible that if you have player placed wall in your area in the sky, it should prevent Wyverns from spawning as long as you remain in the area your wall is. That should also prevent Harpies from spawning inside of your house as long as all areas have player placed wall. They will still be able to spawn outside though.
I can guarantee that they will not spawn, even if you're outside. As long as there are NPC's around, you're safe (excluding Expert mode of course).
To make sure I am not talking out of my, uhm... backside, I stood on my NPC apartment building, which leads into space:
terraria_space.png
I stood there for 5 minutes and had nothing spawn. (I also realized my main map is 6 years old now. Yay!)

So yeah, I'm still very interested in seeing (a screenshot of) that map. :)

Back
Top Bottom