NPCs & Enemies Space Whale!

Do you like this boss?

• Yes!

Votes: 73 100.0%
  • No! (Why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think an Imbuing Station makes more sense, imo, since you're imbuing the Shrimp with cosmic power (or whatever). A Demon Altar is the go-to place for Boss summoners, sure, but the Space Whale isn't very demonic, is it?

Anyways, Pinelord, have you considered that Worm movement would be very blocky and disjointed with pieces that large?
Whale.png
Ahh the horror!

I would recommend going with a movement similar to the Queen Bee, and updating the main post.

I think an Imbuing Station makes more sense, imo, since you're imbuing the Shrimp with cosmic power (or whatever). A Demon Altar is the go-to place for Boss summoners, sure, but the Space Whale isn't very demonic, is it?

Anyways, Pinelord, have you considered that Worm movement would be very blocky and disjointed with pieces that large?
View attachment 52232 Ahh the horror!

I would recommend going with a movement similar to the Queen Bee, and updating the main post.
Funny. And yes, I did. I was thinking it could have a sprite behind it so that it doesn't look like that? Or is that not possible? Eh, piss. I'll think of something.

Very interesting. This is well thought out, and I would love to see it in game.

The only problem I see is the one SzGamer227 pointed out, but other than that, it looks great!

I like what I see here. This seems like a very original boss battle. I do have a couple of suggestions when it comes to the sprite, though. The shading is not very Terraria-like. The whale has 10 different tints of purple. For comparison, Plantera has 6 different tints of pink, and I think that's already the most that any boss in the game has.
I think instead of this:
index.php

You could do this:
HDnTlxv.png

I reduced the amount of tints from 10 to 5 by combining some of them. My version is still not perfect; The shading is very soft now.
You might also want to colour the outlines a bit. Terraria sprites never have completely black outlines. They often have either dark grey outlines, or just darker versions of the colours used in the sprite.

I like what I see here. This seems like a very original boss battle. I do have a couple of suggestions when it comes to the sprite, though. The shading is not very Terraria-like. The whale has 10 different tints of purple. For comparison, Plantera has 6 different tints of pink, and I think that's already the most that any boss in the game has.
I think instead of this:
index.php

You could do this:
HDnTlxv.png

I reduced the amount of tints from 10 to 5 by combining some of them. My version is still not perfect; The shading is very soft now.
You might also want to colour the outlines a bit. Terraria sprites never have completely black outlines. They often have either dark grey outlines, or just darker versions of the colours used in the sprite.
Thanks. A friend of mine brought this to my attention a while back and I was working on fixing it, you saved me some time.

View attachment 52232 Ahh the horror!

How about swimming movement? Like how the piranhas move? Except it swims in the air and not the water.

Ok, heres my beef with this suggestion
Wait, this is empty? Why? Oh, there are no problems!

Good Job kid.(not calling you a kid, just makin a reference to like 50 movies)
Approval.png

This is a very cool idea! I like it a lot! The sprites are extremely well made as well, the thing looks very cool. Also, I hope he is SUPER colossal XP

Back
Top Bottom