OOC Spacefarers

my interest in this is currently yet to be fully measured, but i do have a question:

why do you need a flamethrower in space? the only thing i can think of this being for is for chewing up ground targets in planetary ops
not flamethrower, incendiary cannon
i.e. cannon that shoots incendiary (not explosive) rounds

it's mostly for dealing with weak-points in ships and ground/crowd control
high amounts of splash damage and DoT

ah, i see. anyway, would satellite weapons be considered a 360deg version of a weapon or something more sinister and expensive?

alright so satellite weapons are like gunpods that are detachable from the main ship, yet still operable even after separation. pros of this is that it allows for more strategy (deploying your satellites behind the ship to provide cover, or hiding them behind asteroids to set a trap, or to get the drop on someone hyperdriving right into the middle of the battlefield like a moron (this assumes there's a way to tell where someone's hyperdrive jump ends at)), cons of this is that it miiiiiiiiight end up making your IC look like a forum-based chess match (if it doesn't already). its anime gimmicky bull:red:, but its cool as hell and i've been eager to play around with the concept in something other than an arcadey game about blowing up aliens who use bug-shaped ships for some reason

alright so satellite weapons are like gunpods that are detachable from the main ship, yet still operable even after separation. pros of this is that it allows for more strategy (deploying your satellites behind the ship to provide cover, or hiding them behind asteroids to set a trap, or to get the drop on someone hyperdriving right into the middle of the battlefield like a moron (this assumes there's a way to tell where someone's hyperdrive jump ends at)), cons of this is that it miiiiiiiiight end up making your IC look like a forum-based chess match (if it doesn't already). its anime gimmicky bull:red:, but its cool as hell and i've been eager to play around with the concept in something other than an arcadey game about blowing up aliens who use bug-shaped ships for some reason
i see

while it wouldn't be a thing you can start off with, this seems like it would work as an IC upgrade
pretty much you start with a basic ship but as you progress IC you can find/buy upgrades (or engineers can create them with lots of effort), this might work as an upgrade to the Turret weapon modifier

what do you have cooking so far on that?
pretty much the same thing, plus a bit of extra EP
there's going to be some balancing so they can take on a multicrew ship to some extent
you can check out the planned changes so far in the OP
but mostly it'll just be a smaller ship with one person, a bit of extra EP and idk, i'll go from there
i'll have more of an idea towards the end of the beta i suppose

i haven't peeked the IC but dogfighting will require positioning to be a lot more important (such as hiding in a ship's blind spot, or balancing maneuvering with the effects the g-forces would have on the crew)

speaking of, how is that handled presently?

i haven't peeked the IC but dogfighting will require positioning to be a lot more important (such as hiding in a ship's blind spot, or balancing maneuvering with the effects the g-forces would have on the crew)

speaking of, how is that handled presently?
the IC isn't as strict as it probably should be, rn i'm relying on combat utilising a d20 and some strategy
but we haven't yet gotten into space yet, let alone any combat lol

I took a small break, then Ignis was gone for a few days, and now Fluxx has his Newsies thing going on. So yeah you might say that.

Back
Top Bottom