OOC Spacefarers

I'm not entirely sure what you mean comparing soft- and hard- sci-fi (what's the difference???)
Honestly, not certain how well I can explain it. But, I suppose in short, how close are we to adhering to the laws of physics?
What sorts of weapons are we using? What are our engagement ranges? Is it just WW2's Pacific theatre but in space?

Honestly, not certain how well I can explain it. But, I suppose in short, how close are we to adhering to the laws of physics?
What sorts of weapons are we using? What are our engagement ranges? Is it just WW2's Pacific theatre but in space?
physics are overrated
just assume we have some sort of inertia in space and that there's a very thin permanent atmosphere of nitrogen and argon in space

physics are overrated
just assume we have some sort of inertia in space and that there's a very thin permanent atmosphere of nitrogen and argon in space
think of it as dogfights with more steps, pretty much. similar engagement ranges with similar (but less effective) physics, and hull damage is more serious

also a lot of weapons probably wouldn't exist with normal physics, i'm mostly working off fictional stuff (obviously lol)

alright guys
regarding the ongoing poll in teh IC thread, what are your votes and why?
i voted nov 25th because i want to get the beta done in a decent amount of time so i can implement new stuff

Back
Top Bottom