Weapons & Equip Special Bonuses for Unorthodox Earlygame sets

What do you agree with? (Select all that apply.)

• Giving Eskimo Armor "Warmth" effect as a set bonus.

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Giving a full set of Cactus armor a weak "Thorns" effect.

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Changing the female Cactus Breastplate sprite back.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Rain items giving a speed bonus while in the rain.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • None of this.

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Let's get right to it.

Eskimo_armor.png
Pink_Eskimo_armor.png

Eskimo armor
Currently provides 4 Defense and nothing else.
At the moment, this is little more than a vanity set, and is outclassed by any armor above Wood.
What I propose: Let the full set provide the effects of the "Warmth" buff (resistance to cold damage), so that it's useful for exploring the Ice biome. This would make it more worth the effort of collecting as actual armor. It is a think, cozy, Eskimo winter coat after all. It's gonna be warm in there.

Cactus_armor.png

Cactus armor
Currently provides 5 Defense and nothing else.
What I propose: Change the set bonus from +1 Defense to reflect 25% of contact damage back to the attacker. It's made of Cactus. It'd make sense for them to have a weaker version of the Thorns effect.

Also, please change back the Female sprite. It looks really bad.

I don't know what was so wrong with this that it had to be changed in 1.2.1, but it shouldn't have been.

Rain_clothes.png

Rain clothes
Currently nothing more than a couple of vanity items. Meh.
What I propose: Let each piece provide +10% movement speed while you're in the rain. Bam. Utility purpose.

Well, that's the extent of it. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Nice idea with the eskimo armor, as it is, I wouldn't consider it armor at all.
Ditto on the cactus armor, even if it's defense is pretty decent for somthing obtainable on the dirst day.
I'm a bit iffy on the rain coat and hat, maybe wearing the set in the vanity slots reduce the effect of acid rain (see what I did there?)

You can actually just edit the poll yourself, it's one of the new features.
You can't edit that, though. You can do a number of things, but changing the number of maximum votes, publicity, and the existing poll options and question are things you can't tamper with without having a mod do it or you. Thanks for letting me know, though! I didn't know you could edit it at all! :)

Anyways, poll is fixed. If you voted before you could select multiple votes, change your vote!
I'm a bit iffy on the rain coat and hat, maybe wearing the set in the vanity slots reduce the effect of acid rain (see what I did there?)
Sounds fine, but I don't think it would be particularly useful, especially if it means sacrificing you precious helmet slot.

Back
Top Bottom