NPCs & Enemies Special NPC quotes while wearing the Moon Charm at night.

There should also be a few quotes for other items, such as the Neptune´s Shell.
You should also give the Pirate a line, along with the Old Man, and various lines upon freeing a bound character (The last two is just in case someone goes to a pre-HM world, as it would also make sense for those NPCs to have unique dialogue for that).

Angler: You're a fish! Fish are great at catching other fish! So go get me one!
Pirate: There be a song I be tempted to sing right now. (Spongebob reference lol)

Just a few ideas if someone does a similar thread to this one for the Neptune's Shell.

Angler: You're a fish! Fish are great at catching other fish! So go get me one!
Pirate: There be a song I be tempted to sing right now. (Spongebob reference lol)

Just a few ideas if someone does a similar thread to this one for the Neptune's Shell.

I think she is supposed to be scared or something. IDK I am just as confused as you are on that one.

There should also be quotes if there is also a Blood Moon and a Solar Eclipse (The latter ones would obviously reference the fact that the player can only do that through cheats).

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Redigit, please. This needs to be a thing. Most of these are really clever and adding them could only improve the game.

approval-png.128929

I don't think it's particularly necessary to have special "saves" quotes, but there's no reason why not.

Personally I am all for more coniditional NPC quotes- it just adds more to the game, and I was pretty disappointed that the Merchant and Guide are the only ones with significant conditional quotes.

There should also be quotes if there is also a Blood Moon and a Solar Eclipse (The latter ones would obviously reference the fact that the player can only do that through cheats).

I don't understand during the Solar Eclipse when the Moon Charm doesn't work then. It's kind of pointless.

(Kinda of replied to myself with my original comment... lol?)

Solar eclipses happen during the daytime...
Mantis was saying that since it's not normally possible to transform into a werewolf using the moon charm during a solar eclipse (since it's still daytime technically), it wouldn't make sense to have quotes for that specific event.

I originally wrote a Traveling Merchant quote in case someone was cheating, but then I removed it before the thread was submitted. I realized afterward that he can be stalled if you stay with him on the screen, which opens up the possibility that you could be a werewolf while speaking to him.

... I kinda need to make a quote for him. Also, isn't a solar eclipse technically a good time for a werewolf transformation? I mean, the moon is technically shielding the sun from view...

There's a few missing, actually!~

The old man would be gone once you have the moon charm, so I didn't include him. He doesn't seem to be in his right mind anyway, so commenting on it when a hardmode character joins a non-hardmode world might not be in character for him. XD

The traveling merchant would be gone at night, so she's also out of the question.

not necessarily though you can skip him and go straight for TOF as an example: using beast character in new world and then beating Skeletron after hard mode was enabled[DOUBLEPOST=1413325083][/DOUBLEPOST]ideas for things the old man could say though i guess

"my master could beat up your master!"

"so i am not the only one with a pact of the night?"

or something i dont know

Mantis was saying that since it's not normally possible to transform into a werewolf using the moon charm during a solar eclipse (since it's still daytime technically), it wouldn't make sense to have quotes for that specific event.

I originally wrote a Traveling Merchant quote in case someone was cheating, but then I removed it before the thread was submitted. I realized afterward that he can be stalled if you stay with him on the screen, which opens up the possibility that you could be a werewolf while speaking to him.

... I kinda need to make a quote for him. Also, isn't a solar eclipse technically a good time for a werewolf transformation? I mean, the moon is technically shielding the sun from view...
You are indeed correct on all three counts. A solar eclipse enabling the moon charm would both be really helpful and also make a lot of sense for the reasons you've already stated, and yeah, I've stalled the Travelling Merchant plenty of times.

not necessarily though you can skip him and go straight for TOF as an example: using beast character in new world and then beating Skeletron after hard mode was enabled[DOUBLEPOST=1413325083][/DOUBLEPOST]ideas for things the old man could say though i guess

"my master could beat up your master!"

"so i am not the only one with a pact of the night?"

or something i dont know

Now I want to make a Werewolf character. Just... for reasons of that it would be cool,

also a good one for the wizard could be "i swear i didn't do this!"
or "so just because i am a wizard you automatically assume i cursed you?"
or "i can do frogs but this is a tad extreme"

I don't understand during the Solar Eclipse when the Moon Charm doesn't work then. It's kind of pointless.

(Kinda of replied to myself with my original comment... lol?)
Because it would make sense to make quotes referencing that it isn´t possible to trigger them legitimately.

Wizard: I knew a fellow who liked to combine dogs with people. I think one of them started saying 'Ed-ward'

Steampunker: You're no Bulldog, but I'm glad you're around regardless.

Dryad: If I have the 'bark' you certainly have the bite.

Witch Doctor: Night and day are like beast and man. It pleases me that you have learned this lesson.

Party Girl: If I became a werewolf, we could throw a werewolf party! Ooh, but what would be worse to clean up; fur or confetti?

Merchant: Would you like to buy a heavy duty hairbrush? No?

Stylist: So, like, do you need soap or shampoo?

Guide: This form might be powerful, but only at night. Be wary of the day.

Mechanic: I wonder if I can make some sort of werewolf detector. I might have to ask [Name of Goblin Tinkerer]'s advice on the matter *Giggle*

EDIT: Damn typos.

Last edited:
Wizard: I knew a fellow who liked to combine dogs with people. I think one of them started saying 'Ed-ward'

Steampunker: You're no Bulldog, but I'm glad you're around regardless.

Dryad: If I have the 'bark' you certainly have the bite.

Witch Doctor: Night and day are like beast and man. It pleases me that you have learned this lesson.

Party Girl: If I became a werewolf, we could throw a werewolf party! Ooh, but would be worse to clean up; fur or confetti?

Merchant: Would you like to buy a heavy duty hairbrush? No?

Stylist: So, like, do you need soap or shampoo?

Guide: This form might be powerful, but only at night. Be wary of the day.

Mechanic: I wonder if I can make some sort of werewolf detector. I might have to ask [Name of Goblin Tinkerer]'s advice on the matter *Giggle*

I love these. I really hope Red and co. take notice to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom