Weapons & Equip Spectre Sword

Damage: 70 - 80
Knock back: 4 - 7

There, the sword is now still useful at full health AND feeds on your missory and pain to get stronger.
Or, it relies on your soul for it to stay "alive"
Or, it is bonded with your soul, using its abilities to keep you alive
[DOUBLEPOST=1419450130][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seems a little strange, as the Spectre item tier was just magic and tools with ghostly range.
I think if we were to add a melee weapon to the mix, we might as well add some sort of ranged weapon. It'll feel like a complete set then.
Maybe a ghostly megashark....?

Personally, I think it's a good idea. The fact that which it feeds on you would be a okay sword. But i think you should up the materials for it because if they have everything prior to Terraria (beetle armor+ spectre sword) would make a great tank so you should up the cost for making it.

g1358536525117369234.jpg

Personally, I think it's a good idea. The fact that which it feeds on you would be a okay sword. But i think you should up the materials for it because if they have everything prior to Terraria (beetle armor+ spectre sword) would make a great tank so you should up the cost for making it.

g1358536525117369234.jpg
I think the recipie is fine, increasing the amount of ectoplasm or chlorophyte wouldn't make it harder to get, and there's still a few stronger swords that are available earlier in the game.

Although I like the idea, I don't think it should be added. Here's why: Ectoplasm/everything spectre is for mages (besides the pixaxe and hamaxe). So, I think it wouldn't make sense if we just had a bunch of magic items then a sword.

Although I like the idea, I don't think it should be added. Here's why: Ectoplasm/everything spectre is for mages (besides the pixaxe and hamaxe). So, I think it wouldn't make sense if we just had a bunch of magic items then a sword.
I would argue the complete opposite: I would like to see crafting materials that are usable by all "classes" (I should say "preferences"; I don't believe in classes). Precedent is set by materials such as Fallen Stars (magic/ranged) Jungle Spores (magic and melee), and Cursed Flames/Ichor (magic/ranged/melee). We still have materials like Spider Fangs and Ectoplasm with uses restricted to one class, but this is an important logical fallacy to avoid: just because things are this way doesn't mean that they should be.

I would argue the complete opposite: I would like to see crafting materials that are usable by all "classes" (I should say "preferences"; I don't believe in classes). Precedent is set by materials such as Fallen Stars (magic/ranged) Jungle Spores (magic and melee), and Cursed Flames/Ichor (magic/ranged/melee). We still have materials like Spider Fangs and Ectoplasm with uses restricted to one class, but this is an important logical fallacy to avoid: just because things are this way doesn't mean that they should be.
I understand your argument, but depending on what class you're going for gameplay is quite different because your fighting different mobs to farm for different things. If you can have certain things for every class from everything, then it will be closer to the same for each class which would get boring.

If you can have certain things for every class from everything, then it will be closer to the same for each class which would get boring
You know what I find boring? Avoiding specific mobs because they don't drop anything my "class" values. This is my policy on playing Terraria, I don't know about yours. But my policy is to KILL EVERYTHING ON THE SCREEN. I don't think there's anyone who leaves the Demons alone because they don't value the Demon Scythe, and I don't think people are going to leave a Skeleton Sniper alive because they don't want a Sniper Rifle.

Regardless, this is no argument against the Spectre Sword, because you will accumulate Ectoplasm no matter what class you play. You can't avoid creating Dungeon Spirits, and you can't avoid fighting them. Every class will accumulate Ectoplasm in the process of farming for whatever they want down in the HM Dungeon. Why is magic the only one that can profit from it?

You know what I find boring? Avoiding specific mobs because they don't drop anything my "class" values. This is my policy on playing Terraria, I don't know about yours. But my policy is to KILL EVERYTHING ON THE SCREEN. I don't think there's anyone who leaves the Demons alone because they don't value the Demon Scythe, and I don't think people are going to leave a Skeleton Sniper alive because they don't want a Sniper Rifle.

Regardless, this is no argument against the Spectre Sword, because you will accumulate Ectoplasm no matter what class you play. You can't avoid creating Dungeon Spirits, and you can't avoid fighting them. Every class will accumulate Ectoplasm in the process of farming for whatever they want down in the HM Dungeon. Why is magic the only one that can profit from it?
Well, the way I and many, if not most others play Terraria is to be a Warrior, Ranger, Sorcerer, or Summoner. I find it boring to go through the same process of getting the weapons/accessories/items you want and I think that means diversity between the classes, which in my opinion, there currently isn't enough of. Plus, the spectre sword seems kind of useless to me. By the team you get the hard mode dungeon, you PROBABLY already have the true night's edge/Excalibur, or maybe even the Terra blade if you're going melee. I don't know about everyone else, but I like to "max" myself out for my class before I go against the next boss. Like I get the best possible armor, weapons, tools and accessories for my class. (I think I do this because I took a long break from Terraria due to my addiction to Clash of Clans, and in CoC most people max out their base before they upgrade their town hall, lol)

This is an argument that has come up many times in this thread, and I've already voiced my opinion on how narrow-minded and limiting that mentality is. So instead of repeating myself again, I'll ask you a question: If you had an endgame sword that has extremely long reach and changes based on the health of the player wielding it, where would you put it in the game?

This is an argument that has come up many times in this thread, and I've already voiced my opinion on how narrow-minded and limiting that mentality is. So instead of repeating myself again, I'll ask you a question: If you had an endgame sword that has extremely long reach and changes based on the health of the player wielding it, where would you put it in the game?
Yes, and I already stated that I liked the idea, I just don't think that it should be made with ectoplasm or be called the spectre sword.

Back
Top Bottom