Weapons & Equip Spectre Sword

Cool. But can I still base it off of health? (And other stats)
Sure.:)
I like everything, except the sword itself. The specre armor/set/whatever is meant to be an endgame mage set, so a sword would be kinda out of place. I do like the concept of how the stats change and how though :joy:
Currently, the only magic items in the spectre teir is the spectre armor. Everything else is tools with really long reach, which is what I based this sword on. you (and a few others) also seem to be forgetting all the pre-hardmode tiers, which don't follow any kind of rule like that. Meteorite is used for magic armor, swords, a magic weapon, a ranged weapon and a bullet. Jungle is used for magic armor and two melee weapons, but no ranged or magic. Lastly, hellstone is used for melee armor, two melee weapons, two ranged weapons, and a summoning weapon.

Sure.:)

Currently, the only magic items in the spectre teir is the spectre armor. Everything else is tools with really long reach, which is what I based this sword on. you (and a few others) also seem to be forgetting all the pre-hardmode tiers, which don't follow any kind of rule like that. Meteorite is used for magic armor, swords, a magic weapon, a ranged weapon and a bullet. Jungle is used for magic armor and two melee weapons, but no ranged or magic. Lastly, hellstone is used for melee armor, two melee weapons, two ranged weapons, and a summoning weapon.
But thats pre-hardmode. Hardmode is a total different ballpark. There isn't a bettle staff, or a shroomite saber

But thats pre-hardmode. Hardmode is a total different ballpark. There isn't a bettle staff, or a shroomite saber
yes, but there also isn't a shroomite gun or a beetle sword or a turtle flail. none of the endgame hardmode materials are used for any weapons, they just each have an armor set, wings, and a few random tools.

yes, but there also isn't a shroomite gun or a beetle sword or a turtle flail. none of the endgame hardmode materials are used for any weapons, they just each have an armor set, wings, and a few random tools.
You do have a point there, but it still would be odd to have a sword in an endgame mage set

That may be true, but who likes standing still? I don't, especially when there are monsters trying to eat me. There should be a weapon that encourages you to go fast.
A sword that did that would be cool. Another thing I thought of is a hell sword that is eh on the surface, crap in air, but amazing the lower you are. No one really fights bosses deep underground (no one that I know of, at least) so that would encourage it a bit.

Another thing would be a sword that does more damage during the day, but faster at night.

Biome sword could be cool, but I don't know how it would work. Different effects depending on where you are? Hell is Flaming, Jungle is Poisoned, Crimson is Bleeding etc. I don't really know about that one.

Speed sword would be amazing, encouraging running and attacking rather than flying towards some people. I can already see the massive amounts of damage done during a moon event.

Just some ideas. These are just things that would be plausible for swords. Mana and money wouldn't work.

A sword that did that would be cool. Another thing I thought of is a hell sword that is eh on the surface, crap in air, but amazing the lower you are. No one really fights bosses deep underground (no one that I know of, at least) so that would encourage it a bit.

Another thing would be a sword that does more damage during the day, but faster at night.

Biome sword could be cool, but I don't know how it would work. Different effects depending on where you are? Hell is Flaming, Jungle is Poisoned, Crimson is Bleeding etc. I don't really know about that one.

Speed sword would be amazing, encouraging running and attacking rather than flying towards some people. I can already see the massive amounts of damage done during a moon event.

Just some ideas. These are just things that would be plausible for swords. Mana and money wouldn't work.
This doesn't have to be limited to swords. Mana would work fine for magic weapons, and although money wouldn't work on anything, I imagine it wouldn't be hard to apply that concept to ammunition...

Ohhhh just thought of something that would give you a reason to actually pursue different biomes in your world. There would be a weapon of each type, but in the Terra Blade tier, maybe gotten the same way, but it changes stats and buffs/debuffs depending on how much % of your world is corrupt, pure, hallow, or crimson.

Ohhhh just thought of something that would give you a reason to actually pursue different biomes in your world. There would be a weapon of each type, but in the Terra Blade tier, maybe gotten the same way, but it changes stats and buffs/debuffs depending on how much % of your world is corrupt, pure, hallow, or crimson.
I would really like this one. Would it be better when it is more corrupt or more pure?

Hey, nice use of a not-so-subtly-placed link! That's the way it's done, folks.

An interesting weapon idea, to be sure. We don't get that often with sword suggestions. I'd definitely want this on my hotbar, and that sprite is easy on the eyes as well.

Back
Top Bottom