PC Spread over jungle

cikos

Terrarian
I killed the WoF for the first time a couple of hours ago (in my main world) and my base is going to be safe from the Corruption/Hallow spread, though I didn’t realise the jungle biome was important as well.

I haven’t seen it spread over to it just yet, though I have no idea where to start digging down at this point.

Do you guys have any tips for me? And also, is the jungle really that important and worth trying to save? And can you still get chlorophlyte ore without the underground jungle?

Per the wiki, Chlorophyte ore can only spawn by itself in the Underground Jungle, but can be "planted" elsewhere.

But you also need the UJ for a number of other resources (notably Life Fruits), and to summon Plantera.

My advice is to dig a quick tunnel/hellevator barrier around the Jungle -- vertical shafts should be at least 6 wide with 3 of those being uncorruptible blocks. Horizontal shafts can be 4 high, if there's also an incorruptible ceiling to prevent vines. Large caverns can be part of the barrier, if there aren't blocks bridging them. If you see fairly small amounts of corruption on the wrong side of your barrier, use thrown powder to clean it, or dynamite the area. For larger amounts, write it off, and wall it off from any surviving Jungle. If you're getting really overwhelmed, push to beat the first Mechanical Boss and get the Clentaminator.

Note that you will also want to protect at least some of the Underground Desert, though there it's useful to have all three varieties -- pure, corruption, and hallowed (different enemies and drops are available in each).

Back
Top Bottom