Mobile Spreading graphical bugs

TheTGU

Terrarian
So, I've been playing Terraria on mobile for quite a while now and for the most part, everything is running smoothly on my device, with the exception of graphical bugs, some of them will even spread over time, which makes me quite concerned about the future of my main world.
So, to list the different graphical bugs:
1. Black bars (only visible on ranges of specific x-coordinates, inner part overlays background objects, outer part doesn't overlay anything, spreading, usually on the 2nd outer 3rds of the map)
Picture: (outer part: )
kc55NV2.png

(inner part: )
EWE4j5Z.png

2. Black squares with "spikes" (start from the edge of the ocean, spread in the y and x coordinate)
Picture:
g92nkN9.png

3. Terra Blade projectile solid green bar
Short video:
4. (Multiplayer only) "Shadow" of other players and health bars somewhere in the world (I don't have a picture of this, because I can't reproduce it, as it happens inconsistently)

When I played on multiplayer, the other players didn't see any of these bugs.
The spreading bugs will eventually happen in every world.
Reinstalling Terraria didn't help.

My hallowed biome seems to spread very fast, while my crimson didn't spread at all. (Post Plantera world)
And one final short question: Are the Terra Blade projectiles supposed to come out of the other edge of the world, once they reached the edge? (I could only observe that, when I fired the beams perfectly straight.)

If anything is unclear, feel free to ask me.

TGU

So, I've noticed, that even the credits are bugged...
Video:

It seem like graphical bugs happen pretty much everywhere.
Other's don't have those problems, but I'm 99.9% sure it's not my device being corrupt, as Terraria is the only game, where weird stuff happens.

Hey, i ve got the same bug as you. I even started getting black thingies in my world.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-05-23-59-59.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-05-23-59-59.png
    93 KB · Views: 148
At least I'm no longer the only one having those problems...
I know around 7 people that play Terraria on mobile, and I'm the only one having those bugs. (hardware wise I actually have the best phone, so it can't be my phone being too bad, either...)
I hope this will be fixed with the 1.3 update.

Well, I think this is probably going to be everything from the player side for now.

I'd suggest reinstalling the game to kind of reboot those textures. Make sure to backup your characters and world in the game to the cloud (described here: Backup instructions) because reinstalling will permanently delete all local saves. And just to be safe, I'd make sure that the cloud saves are there before reinstalling.

As mentioned in my original post, reinstalling doesn't help.
I reinstalled Terraria and I still see every single graphical bug.
(And my worlds are now listed with a (2), due to being backups of backups.
(Which would also by a tiny thing, that bothers me about backups. My character can only be without a (1) in its name, when backuped into the clod.
When I delete the character from the storage and back it up from the cloud to the storage I'll have the (1) in my name again...)

Last edited:
As mentioned in my original post, reinstalling doesn't help.
I reinstalled Terraria and I still see every single graphical bug.
(And my worlds are now listed with a (2), due to being backups of backups.
(Which would also by a tiny thing, that bothers me about backups. My character can only be without a (1) in its name, when backuped into the clod.
When I delete the character from the storage and back it up from the cloud to the storage I'll have the (1) in my name again...)
You did say that in your original post, sorry about that. I think I read it a bit ago, then didn't reread it when new messages from other members popped up and forgot.

It drives me crazy how the backup characters are named as well. `:) I have these guys (click to enlarge).
image.png

But I guess I'd rather this weird naming and have to ability to make backups, then have no backups at all.

Sorry the reinstalling didn't fix your issue. Hopefully when the update comes out, it will fix a lot of issues. There's no release date yet.

Well, even if backuped and having (number) npcs Will still name u without the (number) and for worlds too

I also hope all of the mentioned issues will be fixed with 1.3, especially since the game is going to be rewritten, if I remember correctly.
Well, this should be everything now.
I'll go back trying to get the trophies from frost moon :D
Also thanks for everyone trying to help me :)

Have a nice day, evening or whatever time it is for you now :)

TGU

Did I say everything was said?
Well, I learn something new about my graphic bugs every day... xD
Apparently the position of the black bars and black cubes has something to do with how far the screen is zoomed in. (By the way: Am I the only one thinking you should be able to zoom out even more and have 10 hotbar slots for non-tablet devices?)
And yet another graphical bug: The map behaves weird at the left ocean.
Video for the two bugs:
(The game is on German, by the way.
Sadly, the only option to change the language of Terraria on mobile is to change the default language of the phone, which I don't want to do... The problem is that the translations are not always that good)

By now this is more of a collection thread for graphic bugs than a thread about spreading graphical bugs, but whatever :)

And one last thing: I built a hellevator at the edge of the right ocean to get rid of the water. For a while everything behaved normal, though it would've taken a LOT of time for all of the water to flow down.
Then the game froze for ~10 seconds and after that the ocean was dry and hell flooded. Is the game suppossed to "fast forward" in sich cases?

Maybe someday I'll run out of graphic bugs to post here...

Guess what? Graphic bugs!

I actually managed to make a screenshot of the health bar, apparently it's not multiplayer only...
uzjRi

As the health bar and the black cube only appear near the dungeon (though the black cubes, as mentioned earlier, move towards the center of the map, the more the game is zoomed in).
So maybe there is something weird going on near the dungeon?
Those bugs don't happen at the other edge of the world...

Let's see how long it's going to take, until I run out of graphic bugs...
So, when I played on multiplayer and a player used the clentaminator to clean some perlstone I noticed, that the stone textures didn't connect for me, he saw the stone like it should look like.
Sadly, I forgot to make a screenshot.
Maybe I'll try to reproduce it...

But who, except NASA (hi, by the way) is still reading this thread, anyway?
(Maybe I'll eventually make a graphic bugs collection thread...)

This would be fixed in 1.3 as Unit One said.
Hopefully a lot of things will be fixed. There will undoubtedly still be some issues as no game has ever been absolutely bug-free ever.

If the issues still exist after the update, I'd be inclined to think it might be something with the hardware of the device rather than the game.

Back
Top Bottom