Member-Run Contest Spriteathalon Part II

Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that I will be hosting the fifth season of Spriteathalon! So, everyone has had their own judging systems, so I might as well explain mine. Mine will consist of 4 things:

Creativity: How original the idea is and how much thought went into it

Palate: How good the palate is (I'll try my best to look for hueshifting, but I'll see what I can do)

Design: The overall shape and design of the sprite

Shading: The sprite has nice shading that doesn't contain banding or pillow shading (as long as it doesn't have those 2 you should be good)

Each of these categories is worth 5 points, so your final scores will be out of 20. Sometimes a prompt will give you a chance to earn extra points, so try to take advantage of that. Now that I've explained the judging, we need contestants! I will accept 6 spriters into this competition, so be fast if you want to participate, as I will only be accepting people through round 1. Once round 1 ends, it's too late to join. Also, if you're participating, make sure that you think you can stick with us all the way through, it always sucks to skip a prompt, although I understand if you're busy or have other things to do. Anyways, without further ado, we need up to 4 spriters and we can start!

Spriters:
1.) @TheWorfer27
2.) @MiningdiamondsVIII
3.) @Heretic
4.) @Pikachumania
5.) @Lamb₭night
6.) @Sockmonkey367

Last edited:
@Pikachumania has entered, so now we can officially begin!

Current Contestants: @TheWorfer27 @MiningdiamondsVIII @Heretic @Pikachumania

So, there's a lot of enemies in the game that currently don't have any drops besides coins, and those guys deserve a bit more love. Sprite up a new item that drops from an existing enemy with no drops! Up to 2 extra points if it is a crafting material that crafts into at least 2 other items.

Sprites are due in Saturday

Last edited:
@Pikachumania has entered, so now we can officially begin!

Current Contestants: @TheWorfer27 @MiningdiamondsVIII @Heretic @Pikachumania

So, there's a lot of enemies in the game that currently don't have any drops besides coins, and those guys deserve a bit more love. Sprite up a new item that drops from an existing enemy with no drops! Up to 2 extra points if it is a crafting material that crafts into at least 2 other items.

Sprites are due in 1 week
Can it be from our previous suggestions (for ovibus reasons)

I'd probably say no, as they were probably be cool sprites, but I'd prefer to see something new out of this that hasn't been made yet
Ok then. I'm going to try my hand at a summoner hat, but I won't tell you which monster it drops from until I'm done.
[doublepost=1543666797,1543501082][/doublepost]
Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that I will be hosting the fifth season of Spriteathalon! So, everyone has had their own judging systems, so I might as well explain mine. Mine will consist of 4 things:

Creativity: How original the idea is and how much thought went into it

Palate: How good the palate is (I'll try my best to look for hueshifting, but I'll see what I can do)

Design: The overall shape and design of the sprite

Shading: The sprite has nice shading that doesn't contain banding or pillow shading (as long as it doesn't have those 2 you should be good)

Each of these categories is worth 5 points, so your final scores will be out of 20. Sometimes a prompt will give you a chance to earn extra points, so try to take advantage of that. Now that I've explained the judging, we need contestants! I will accept 6 spriters into this competition, so be fast if you want to participate, as I will only be accepting people through round 1. Once round 1 ends, it's too late to join. Also, if you're participating, make sure that you think you can stick with us all the way through, it always sucks to skip a prompt, although I understand if you're busy or have other things to do. Anyways, without further ado, we need up to 4 spriters and we can start!

Spriters:
1.) @TheWorfer27
2.) @MiningdiamondsVIII
3.) @Heretic
4.) @Pikachumania
5.)
6.)
My first good sprite is here!

20-Gallon Mushroom Hat!
ab2d5bf22f16efe.png

Stats come soon

Sure! You and @Lamb₭night will fill the final 2 spots! (Sorry it took a while to get you in @Lamb₭night )

@TheWorfer27
@Heretic
@MiningdiamondsVIII
@Pikachumania
@Lamb₭night
@Sockmonkey367

I have extended the due dates for sprites to Saturday, get them done while you can! (Also, I need to know what your thing drops from Worfer)
I was gonna put that in later. Oh hey, it's later now.

ab2d5bf22f16efe.png

20-Gallon Mushroom Hat
Blue Rarity
5 defense
Increases your minion count by one
1(2 expert)% chance of being dropped by any enemy in the mushroom biome

Yea...

I kinda entered thinking that spriting was easy and i have no experience and i shouldn't have entered and i messaged huz about it and he hasn't responded

most recent gimp btw

So, here is my sprite, the Derpling Shell! It is a 1% drop from (obviously) Derplings! This is a Summoning set! Now, combine 1 Derp Shell with 1 chlorophyte helmate and you get a Derpling Hat! Im gonna expand later, but im gonna just show the sprite (also im an ameteur so im probably gonna lose)

Attachments

• Derpling Shell.png
    Derpling Shell.png
    628 bytes · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom