Member-Run Contest Spriteathalon Part II

Ayyy, here's my sprite so long.

Firebreather.png

Firebreather - a magic weapon. It has a 2,5%/5% chance to be dropped by Bone Serpent in The Underworld during Hardmode. It shoots three arcing projectiles which travels approximately 30 blocks before dropping down. Upon hitting a solid object or enemy, it will explode and release flaming embers. Contact with these projectiles deals damage and inflicts the On Fire! debuff on 8 seconds (somewhat similar with Molotov Cocktail).

Some stats:
Damage - 34 (Magic)
Knockback - 5.5 (Average)
Mana - 12
Critical chance - 4%
Use time - 22 (Fast)
Velocity - 15
Tooltip - Erupts infernal flame tongues
Rarity - Light Red

Heya @Huzbubber Tim ? I think that if they haven't submitted in a week, you should probably get on to judging...but it's your competition, so feel free to disregard my comment...

Who's hosting the next season of Spriteathalon? I have every intention of getting in early next time as my tardiness this time around turned out to be a Large Mistake.

Ok, I think it's time that I judge these sprites! (Those of you on TPA please excuse my probably bad judging skills)

@TheWorfer27

ab2d5bf22f16efe.png

Design: 3/5 - The design definetely has a mushroom-like feel to it, but I have trouble seeing a hat shape in the overall design, and there isn't really a clear outline

Palate: 2/5 - The palate works with the mushroom theme, but it just doesn't seem to be built that well, as there isn't much hue shifting and there wasn't much color variation.

Shading: 2/5 - I can tell what you're trying to convey with it, but it isn't really pulled off right, as there isn't a clear light source and the highlights and shadows are really awkward (at least from my knowledge.)

Creativity: 4/5 - I like the idea of more items coming from the mushroom biome, and I think this would give early summoner characters more reason to explore the world. I just wish there was a bit more that only a +1 minion increase.

Final Score: 11/20

@Sockmonkey367

214408-a1a0b4169df35f04f2ce29cf78f4ced9.jpg

Design: 2/5 - I can see how it could be a shell, but it just seems to circular to be natural. There were also some weird stuff going on with the pixels inside. as some of then were off centered and didn't conform to 2x2.

Palate: 1/5 - The colors matched the derpling theme, but there were only four shades that didn't really go together that well. The outline also seemed too light as well.

Shading: 1/5 - There wasn't a clear light source I could see anywhere, and there wasn't any shading inside the sprite.

Creativity: 3/10 - I like the idea of giving derplings some sort of crafting material, which would make them much more useful, but I don't think combining it with a chlorophyte helmet would be the best idea, as the chlorophyte helmets are already used in turtle armor.

Final Score: 7/20

@Heretic

index.php

Design: 4/5 - I can definitely see the resemblance to bone serpents in this weapon, and overall it just has a really nice feel to it.

Palate: 3/5 - The palate worked for the item since it drops from bone serpents, but I would've preferred an original palate over an already existing one. It works with what you're making though.

Shading: 3/5 - The shading is somewhat banded, as there is a pretty solid transition on the handle and the head is a bit awkward, but otherwise I think it's good.

Creativity: 5/5 - I agree that bone serpents need something to go along wit them, and I think this is a great way to do it. The fire spewing ability is also very unique, and the overall idea is very nice.

Final Score: 15/20

Rankings:

Winner: Heretic - 15/20

Worfer - 11/20

Sockmonkey - 7/20

Disqualified: @Sockmonkey367 @Lamb₭night @MiningdiamondsVIII @Pikachumania

I wish we could've had more rounds with people competing, but I guess it is what it is. Onto the finals now!

Final Prompt:
@Heretic @TheWorfer27

There's a lot of mounts in the game, but sometimes a lot isn't enough ways to get around your world. Sprite up a new mount that has some sort of special ability that is different from any other mounts! You must sprite both the summoning item and the mount itself.

Since this is the final round, no handicaps will be issued. However if you can describe a unique idle state for the mount, you can get 1 extra point, and spriting the idle animation as well can gain you yet another extra point. Get spriting!

[Media]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY&ved=2ahUKEwi9zvDJhKXfAhXxY98KHTe3AT0Q3ywwBHoECAsQLA&usg=AOvVaw3TlN7PQmO5cz1cTZFM2mgo[/Media]
I'm gonna do my best to get it in on Saturday; I'm a bit suprised to get this far!

Here it is!

e8376f4ce577999

Wraith Egg
Summons a cute wraith to ride through blocks
a8fba8efdff4f54

5% drop from Wraiths or Reapers post 3-mechs
Speed: 13 blocks per second (default is 11)

The interesting bit is that in can travel through blocks. While traveling through them, you cannot attack (to prevent game breaking situations) or dismount (to prevent getting stuck). When idle for 30 seconds or more, it switches to this sprite.

If the images are broken here are some manual links:
http://pixelartmaker.com/art/e8376f4ce577999
Wraith Egg
http://pixelartmaker.com/art/a8fba8efdff4f54 Wraith Mount
http://pixelartmaker.com/art/0334834c6c0b341 Wraith Mount Idle

Hey! I'm almost done, but just in case it doesn't get posted today it'll be in tomorrow night because I'm going to visit relatives overnight later today. Probably not modding this round in just because even some simple copypaste code feels like too much work right now rip.
[doublepost=1537641401,1537626753][/doublepost]Alright let's see what we've got here...

I went for a very clean, sleek design with these, although some are, uh, noticeably disgusting. Like the axe and hammer. I hate making hammers.

Let's start with the tools:
View attachment 209912 View attachment 209910 View attachment 209916
Nothing special here, just fancy tools made of pink moon metal.

And now the shooty/stabby/weapony fun stuff!

View attachment 209917 Ranged - Selendithite Assault Sniper
-Has two main attack modes, bound to right and left click.
-Left click is a highly accurate rapid fire with significantly lower base damage. Fires at 7 usetime, so megashark speed.
-Right click fires a high velocity sniper round with extremely high damage, but a long cooldown. Enemies hit by the sniper round will glow bright pink and be frozen in place for two seconds, assuming they survive. Bosses obviously immune.
-Can scope by holding right click. Sniper round is fired when mouse is released to avoid conflicting keybinds/accidental shots.

View attachment 209913 View attachment 209914 Melee - Selendithite Lance
-Unlike most spears, this one is spun around the player, similar to the energy whirl special from Starbound.
-While spinning the spear reflects projectiles and deals low knockback, allowing you to easily trap enemies.
-Spinning the spear gives you five seconds of hover time in the air, unless you release attack early or fly up with wings.

View attachment 209919 Magic - Selendithite Crest
-Bear with me here, because this one is a little weird. Instead of a weapon, mages get an accessory.
-The Crest gives a nice boost to max mana as well as magic damage, but that's not the main purpose of it. Instead it grants a new ability, which replaces your dash (or grants it if you don't have a dash accessory equiped).
-When you dash, you now teleport to your mouse cursor, Rod of Discord style. When you teleport, a large explosion, which deals magic damage, appears both at your previous location and your new one.
-Has an internal cooldown of 3 seconds.

View attachment 209920 View attachment 209921 Summon - Lunar Strike Staff
-Uses a sentry slot
-Places a small marker down, which can be placed anywhere on screen.
-When an enemy comes near this marker, a huge pink laser of death comes down from who knows where and remains for about 4 seconds. Enemies caught in this laser are frozen in place and take constant damage until it disappears.
-Has an internal cooldown of about 10 seconds before another laser is ready, indicated by the light blinking green.

View attachment 209922 Armor
-Instead of having different pieces for different classes, Selendithite lets you use all four- but at a small cost.
-You can change your set bonus by double tapping down. However, weapons of any class that is not the one matching your current bonus will do absolutely no damage.
-On the other hand, the bonuses granted are much stronger than that of other gear sets. The bonuses are as follows:
-Melee: Gain 15% damage reduction, 10% increased melee speed, and a thorns effect that reflects full damage.
-Ranged: Gain +20 armor penetration, passive Stealth, and 12% increased movement speed.
-Magic: Surrounds yourself in a large damaging circle (think inferno potion). Enemies killed within this circle will fully restore your mana. Reduces mana usage by 30% and increases maximum mana by 100.
-Summon: Maxes your minion slots (10) and makes your minions attack twice as fast. Your non-sentry minions also gain lifesteal. Finally, reduces the cooldown of Lunar Strike lasers to 5 seconds.
-In addition to this, the armor pieces also grant +50% damage to whatever bonus you’re using, as well as 20% faster usetime/weapon speed, 18% increased critical hit chance, and 15% increased movement speed.
I feel that your axe is to round, I don’t want to sound rude, but it looks more like a ball on a stick, however, the hammer looks great, and so is the armor

Back
Top Bottom