Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Hallowed Ore and Hallowed Bricks

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Hallowed Armor, to me, sorta feels like the Shadowscale Armor of Hardmode. It grants you extra melee and movement speed, but there are later armors focused more on damage. They're both armor made from boss drops, however Shadow is obtained as Demonite Ore, but Hallowed drops as Hallowed Bars. With Demonite Ore, you can make Demonite Bars or Demonite Bricks, but you have no option to do that with Hallowed Bars. The idea here is Mechanical Bosses will now drop Hallowed Ore instead of bars, so the player can decide to craft them into bars or bricks, much like Demonite.

O5bmuEE.png
dPIpJEN.png

It takes 5 Hallowed Ore at a hardmode forge to craft a Hallowed Bar, and as such, the bosses will now drop 5 times as much ore than they did bars, so you'd still end up with the same amount. Hallowed Ore glows and pulsates and can be used to craft Hallowed Bricks as well.

zvqdFWP.png
fBK79kI.png

Crafted with 1 Hallowed Ore and 5 Pearlstone Blocks gives you 5 Hallowed Bricks. They are the Hallow's version of Demonite Bricks. The bricks will glow and shimmer if light is casted on them, like Mythril Armor in the 1.1 days.

Maybe, just MAYBE.. upon Hardmode starting, small traces of Hallowed Ore may spawn in the Hallow's strip, which would be mineable with adamantite, like gold for the underground demonite. Boss souls would then act as the Hallow's Shadowscales, sorta. I'm probably derailing my idea here too much.. so that's it, I think.

What do you think?

This was brought over from my Confection thread, in case anyone liked this idea but not the Confection. (It wasn't being discussed there anyway.)

Ooooh, I'd like those hallowed bricks please.

As a whole, sounds good to me. Perhaps we can go with the chlorophyte method for ore production, as in spreading to Pearlstone.

Not to necro this post, but I think a new sprite for the Hallowed Ore and Bricks are absolutely necessary. I'll see what I can do, and I'll send 'em here once I finish them.

Back
Top Bottom