Items [Sprites] Magical Sparklers

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Time for another little thing!

2pUu80K.png

(Held) (In use) (Item)
"Oooh, sparkly!!"
3 damage

Magical Sparklers are a fun little toy crafted with 1 Torch and 1 Fallen Star. They behave like a Magic Missile, except they leave behind a sparkling trail of star dust that lingers for 20 seconds. You can mess around and draw things in the air, like you wish you could in real life as real ones don't last long enough! As I can't sprite the particle effects, the projectile and held tip will glow and sparkle. Though they do emit a lot of sparkles, they do not give off much light, about as much as a Muramasa as to not allow early players to light up the whole underground so easily. Each time when fired, they have a 50% chance to keep their spark.

They also come in colors! Crafting 10 Magical Sparklers with a gem results in a Magic Sparkler that draws in your favorite color. Craft them all and you can draw a rainbow!

fstoppers-sparklers-matt-kennedy-1.jpg

The Magic Sparkler trail would look a little something like this, except a little more pixelly.

That's it, seeya!

Last edited:
Support! All of your suggestions are amazing, I dunno why. They just are. You need to make a banner called "Snickerbobble's Suggestions", because I can't put all your suggestions in my signature!

I can totally see taunting my friends with this.
*draws trail in straight line*
*runs out another way*
Friends: he went that way!
Me: im right behind you...

Interesting, though I'd like to add that it's not that necessary. I like it however, good job. And that's it, I'm not sure I can add a lot more on a simple and small idea like this.

Oh! I wonder if there could be a sort of Photographic film background wall that records what you draw? I dunno.
This sounds really cool! But.. not sure how that would work, until..
Walls that change color when drawn on?
..I saw this. Maybe? I can see players playing that one "paint as many tiles in X amount of time" games.. except we'd need a way to more easily count the colored tiles :p

..I saw this. Maybe? I can see players playing that one "paint as many tiles in X amount of time" games.. except we'd need a way to more easily count the colored tiles
How about an accessory that creates a box between the player and the mouse, and the accessory tells you how many painted tiles are in that box? Also, I think there should be a hardmode version of this that you can use as many times as you want.;)

..I saw this. Maybe? I can see players playing that one "paint as many tiles in X amount of time" games.. except we'd need a way to more easily count the colored tiles :p
The Idea I had was that you could draw a picture with the streak, an it would look kind of like it would stay there, ish. Also, it's not a paint brush so it would have a much larger range.

Should be sold by the Party Girl in my opinion. I need to make myself a support badge or something.

Back
Top Bottom