Votes: 5 5.4%
  • There's a stardust guardian?

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Maybe not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Something that would make it better without being overpowered. Letting the guardian defend the player without being "deployed", letting it follow the player like the crystal sentry on the chlorophyte armor and give it a large knockback radius that sets monsters on fire and throws them back a few steps when the player is hit, but with a cooldown of course. In my opinion, I think that may make it more than a vanity pet.

Sure, the guardian isn't overpowered, but it isn't that much worse than, for example, Solar armor's bonus. That gives 30% DR, but it doesn't stack additively with other DR bonuses, and you don't get to use it if you're being attacked by more than one or two opponents.

The guardian's only purpose is to keep enemies off your back while you or the dragon get around to killing them, and at that it works wonders, even if I forget to use it a lot of the time.

I will admit that it's current use is a bit niche, but to solve that, I would give it three 'modes'.

Sentry: Exactly what it does now. It stays in one spot, and keeps enemies from attacking you with knockback and aggro. Maybe slightly longer range, but this is far from necessary.

Assault: It follows you, and attacks enemies with single-target homing energy bolts dealing 100-200 damage. I imagine this would be the least useful, since summoners don't need more damage, and often you can't even get in more damage with an actual weapon, let alone another minion.

Protect: While not in the other modes, it stays near the player and gives a defensive buff, on line with the Dryad's buff, giving a bit of defense, and maybe some health regen.

If this change were made, the guardian still wouldn't be overpowered, but it would be useful when you're on the move, or just forget to use it properly.

There should be customization for the Stardust Guardian. You can change the Appearance, color and what kind of attack it has: Default Guardian Clap; Rush
oNcHdPX.gif
; And Ranged Projectile
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom