Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, don't go telling anyone to screw off.

Secondly, and this is more directed at everyone, please keep in mind that playing the blame game isn't going to help the situation or get updates out faster. There's more that goes on behind the scenes with updates then most people know about (plus the fact that it was around Christmas throws a wrench in the mix.) Let the businesses involved deal with the business side of things and let's stop pointing fingers at everyone.
It's not playing the blame game, it's that i've seen some comments basically insulting pipeworks that the update isn't out, and i'm telling people it's not pipeworks's fault.
Also, when i said "screw off", i meant "screw off" to everyone who said "oh the update's not out why isn't it out? More Bugs?" and constantly complaining that the update's not out. Specifically to comments such as Terraria Freak's comment, which actually got reported. and there's a reason for that being reported.

Bro chill out, we don't need negativity, Pipeworks is trying their hardest with this, and I would find it safe to assume you don't know much about anything involved with making a complex game, so leave it with the experts.
I love that you all keep "quoting" my post, like its not what alot of us are thinking/feeling. Its like i said it that many times. Once again, and the last time ill say anything about it, but thats how i feel about this whole act they keep throwing at us, you know what would of got a better response? Owning up to the fact that they SCREWED UP! Ducking and dodging the fact does not paint a very good picture of their integrity as a whole, its not only the fact that this has been a game of cat and mouse the last two years, its the fact they are quick to shake the blame. "Out in the wild" "Out of our control" Its garbage, and i refuse to believe it anymore. Are they beyond gaining back the respect of many of their fans? No, but this isnt how its going to be done. I mean honestly...its like someone punching me in the mouth, and then telling me it was out of their control. I appreciate the fact you guys want to fix the game, but this wait has been ridiculous, and the amount of ways you have dodged it is stunning & if any of you want to be mad about my opinion, or my thoughts on the matter, then who am i to tell you to feel that way, just know im definitely not the only one who does. I'm not even angry. I am just fed up, and alot of us are if you cant tell and rightly so, and if im being honest...i dont think ill lose any sleep tonight. Best of luck in the future pipeworks, but im not buying the watered down version anymore.

It's not playing the blame game, it's that i've seen some comments basically insulting pipeworks that the update isn't out, and i'm telling people it's not pipeworks's fault.
Also, when i said "screw off", i meant "screw off" to everyone who said "oh the update's not out why isn't it out? More Bugs?" and constantly complaining that the update's not out. Specifically to comments such as Terraria Freak's comment, which actually got reported. and there's a reason for that being reported.
And we're telling you not to say that to anyone, for any reason. Just stop it.

People are permitted to state their opinions, within reason. It's not for you to confront people if you don't like their opinion.

I'm sorry for what i'm about to say, but i don't understand what it means. this isn't out of spite or to be rude, just for understanding.

Aren't I stating my opinion? and in the previous posts other people are arguing and making remarks against OTHER posts. So would that not be, like, allowed? Since other people are doing it.

I want to emphasise this isn't out of spite because if i, myself, read what i just wrote without me emphasizing there's no spite, i would think that would be rude.

I'm sorry for what i'm about to say, but i don't understand what it means. this isn't out of spite or to be rude, just for understanding.

Aren't I stating my opinion? and in the previous posts other people are arguing and making remarks against OTHER posts. So would that not be, like, allowed? Since other people are doing it.

I want to emphasise this isn't out of spite because if i, myself, read what i just wrote without me emphasizing there's no spite, i would think that would be rude.
I will PM you separately, to prevent further derailment of the thread

Oh, yeah, to those PC or/and PS4 owners, who say, "Why don't you code it yourself?" That's like saying, "Why don't you become president, if you hate Trump?" It's a stupid statement, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if those people who say it have 1.3 (they obviously don't have to care then).
I actually don’t have something that runs 1.3 without insane lag, also the go try to do it yourself is something people say because they are bashing other about something they can’t do. Can you code? Because I guarantee that it would take you more that 2 years to code the game.

I actually don’t have something that runs 1.3 without insane lag, also the go try to do it yourself is something people say because they are bashing other about something they can’t do. Can you code? Because I guarantee that it would take you more that 2 years to code the game.
Maybe even longer coding games is more difficult than it seems.

Maybe even longer coding games is more difficult than it seems.
This is my point, people are acting like it’s a walk In The Park to code a game when it’s actually not. They are mad that it took 2 years to add over 800 new items! That’s a few items a day and then they have to make sure it works and then they have the bidding and nerfing everything isn’t as simple as it seems.

Do u know da way?
Go back to Uganda knuckles

(I love the Uganda knuckles vr chat meme)
e9f.jpg

I feel like I'm too old to be immature, but I have to speak up. Seriously. Against. This. Un. Calculated. Comment.

Nice to see that someone's enjoying their 1.3 that we 'Xboxers' don't have.

I see that you, indeed, think that updates are OPTIONAL. IN FACT, THEY'RE NOT;

Did you quote the wrong post? I don't remember saying anything about the update being optional. If you want to go online, it's not optional at all. And what was 'un-calculated' about my comment? Not even sure what 'un-calculated' means since it's not a word. Please tell me you misquoted this.

To me the entire thread reaks of some sort of console war between xbox and ps4, like the folks who picked it up on ps4 are somehow responsible for xbox not getting the update at the same time. I am enjoying it, but what do you want me to do? What does that comment even suppose to mean? I'm sorry you don't have it, but I'll reiterate the fact that this entire delay was because of a suspension bug that couldn't be squashed in time before the holiday break, while the PS4 update was in a relatively more stable condition ready for submission. Maybe they should have held off, maybe not. But the entitlement on this thread, like folks think that Terraria owes them something is just palpable and unnerving. They don't OWE anyone anything and these updates are like gifts to the community, but half the community is so full of themselves that they're acting childish because one side got their toy before the other side. Everyone just needs to calm down and stop with all the whining. Pipeworks is working hard to make this update happen for everyone and to think that their not doing their best to make that happen is just short sighted. Patience is like non-existent anymore. Maybe some should learn a new virtue in life because it may come in handy later.

Maybe because of the fact we’ve been waiting for over 2 :red:ing years for this god Damned update to come out and THEY KEEP :red:ING DELAYING! PIPEWORKS IS A SICK JOKE OF A COMPANY

They're not delaying this on purpose you know. They've communicated exactly why this latest delay is taking place and it's not just Pipeworks at play here. Microsoft had a nice and lengthy time off for the holidays and between that and the suspension bug is why this is delayed even further. I would love to see where 2 years ago they said this update would be released then. Maybe 2 years ago they said they were working on it, I honestly can't remember them saying it would be released anytime soon though. Finally, getting all worked up over a free update to a game that's nearly 7 years old is just childish. The update is a gift to fans, not an obligation. Please just chill out and swearing isn't helping your case.

I love that you all keep "quoting" my post, like its not what alot of us are thinking/feeling. Its like i said it that many times. Once again, and the last time ill say anything about it, but thats how i feel about this whole act they keep throwing at us, you know what would of got a better response? Owning up to the fact that they SCREWED UP!

Pipeworks is not hurting anyone by delaying the release. Your analogy is over the top like your attitude about Pipeworks somehow "screwing up". "Watered down version"? Is everything a conspiracy? The only reason for the longer delay is that Microsoft had a lengthy holiday vacation and they didn't get through the certification process before that time (sounding like a broken record here). It seems as though Pipeworks or Microsoft then made the decision to hold off and throw in more bug fixes when Microsoft was back from vacation and start the certification process over. What exactly is hard to understand about that? It doesn't matter if it was Pipeworks or Microsoft or Redigit who made the ultimate decision to delay it during the first certification process, because in the end, when you can actually download it, everyone will forget about the delay and enjoy (or hate) their FREE update. You keep forgetting that Terraria doesn't owe you anything. You didn't sign a contract with them guaranteeing updates for life, they provide them to us for free and on their own schedule. It doesn't matter how many times they set a deadline, it's their, only only their deadline to break and it should never be taken so seriously by the community. It's not a promise, it's a business deadline, and deadlines in businesses are more fluid. The older you get, the more you may realize this.

Finally, people keep quoting you because you say outlandish things that sound like you are trying to speak for others. People are standing up for Pipeworks because people like you are all up in arms over something that might not have even been their decision.

Last edited:
I do not see the point in getting upset on waiting longer on this update... Let alone practically rioting these forums, talking negatively about the company that’s literally trying to give you what you want regardless of how you feel.
I’m not bashing other people’s opinions on here, but I’ve seen more, more, and more of this pointless negativity on here, and it’s ridiculous to see people throwing a fit just because aforementioned company is delaying the launch to improve your experience.
I’ve waited just as long as everyone for this console update, especially when my PC got trashed...
Just relax, and be patient. It’s not worth blowing a fuse, or two. Especially when you still have the current version to play on anyway.
Like, for real...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom