Game Mechanics Stink/Love Potion Dialouge

Thebeatbat1139

Skeletron Prime
There are two virtually useless potions in Terraria- love and stink. Besides for some weird particles. Why not have different npc dialogue for the potions? I may make I deals later, but what are yours?
(Idea by @dresden88!) And just to spice it up a little, how about when npcs are effected be the love potion, their prices are decreased by 5%, and stink increased by 5%?
(Also, the arms dealer while under the effects of the love potion, will make grunting noises, even when alone. Just because.)

Last edited:
New quotes for love/stink potion afflicted NPCs are good idea, though examples you provided aren't really good.

I mean, I dunno. I'm not amazing at suggestions, how would you think they could be better?
I'm too lazy to make up good quotes now. Maybe like this:
Stinking potion: "What's that smell? Did some wire short-circuit?"
Love potion: (player female) "Did you see <goblin tinkerer>? I really need to talk to him"
or
(player male) "I think we should go somewhere and... discuss circuits"; "You came over just to buy more wire?.. *Sigh*"

I'm too lazy to make up good quotes now. Maybe like this:
Stinking potion: "What's that smell? Did some wire short-circuit?"
Love potion: (player female) "Did you see <goblin tinkerer>? I really need to talk to him"
or
(player male) "I think we should go somewhere and... discuss circuits"; "You came over just to buy more wire?.. *Sigh*"
I mean, may I ask how mine are so different?

I mean, may I ask how mine are so different?
I didn't like how guide addressed the player as his student, merchant's quote should be split in two like "Ugh, this will spook away the customers" and "You know how much does cleaning cost? You're paying!". Also nurse talking about arms dealer isn't good because they don't seem to have any conflict for her to consider him bad guy.
Your quotes just don't perfectly fit to NPCs current quote pool imo.

I didn't like how guide addressed the player as his student, merchant's quote should be split in two like "Ugh, this will spook away the customers" and "You know how much does cleaning cost? You're paying!". Also nurse talking about arms dealer isn't good because they don't seem to have any conflict for her to consider him bad guy.
Your quotes just don't perfectly fit to NPCs current quote pool imo.
Alright, thanks for th feedback. Will edit a bit when I have time.
Also, you are kinda the guides student...

Alright, thanks for th feedback. Will edit a bit when I have time.
Also, you are kinda the guides student...
Not really. He gives you tips, that's it. People who go on tours aren't considered the students of guides, so no need to mention this.

Not really. He gives you tips, that's it. People who go on tours aren't considered the students of guides, so no need to mention this.
It's not exactly a tour. Almost any Terraria literature has the guide refer to you as "student." Somebody who teaches me how to survive in the unknown... that's a teacher to me.

on a basic principle, i fully support this idea. aside from animations, the potions are useless.

maybe in addition to unique texts, the potions could raise/lower cost of money related transactions with the effected npc's by 1-3%?

this would make the potions a bit more interesting in my opinion.

on a basic principle, i fully support this idea. aside from animations, the potions are useless.

maybe in addition to unique texts, the potions could raise/lower cost of money related transactions with the effected npc's by 1-3%?

this would make the potions a bit more interesting in my opinion.
That's really makes some sense... Will add that!

Sounds funny :p Other than roleplay and stalking ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I would love to see the funny dialog.

Ew. You smell like a party pooper.
/
/
/
Party_Girl.png

Back
Top Bottom