Stone Farming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damonte

Skeletron Prime
Currently, I'm in a need of stone slabs so I was just wondering if there was a way to farm stone?

No, there isn't other way than mining. So, good luck with that. Also nobody say "Oh this isn't Minecraft, so yo-" don't say it!
Edit: If you have a Demolist, you could alternatively throw explosives.

I doubt it'll be a feature in Otherworld as it's supposedly more focused on fighting than building than Terraria is.

And people can interpret it however they want to interpret it, what matters is that your interpretation of it doesn't change just because of faulty external influences.

I doubt it'll be a feature in Otherworld as it's supposedly more focused on fighting than building than Terraria is.

And people can interpret it however they want to interpret it, what matters is that your interpretation of it doesn't change just because of faulty external influences.
Very true. Either way, it would be nice (even if it's not farming) to have some sort of way to collect blocks without leaving the safety of your home.

Well, I'm not sure about farming, but you can use green solutions on natural crimson/corruption chasms and mine them. I filled up several chests with that method.

Pre-Hardmore mass stone gathering is probably going to be either annoying or expensive.

About the best you could do is a reaver shark (by the time you fished one up, you'd prolly been better off simply mining it with a nightmare/bloodbane pickaxe) or the two aforementioned pickaxes made from Demonite/Crimtane ores.

Post-Hardmode, however, when you start getting into searching for hardmode ores, you'll probably end up with a few thousand stone just doing the things you'd naturally do in the underground.

I think a good key to doing this, is never drop blocks, just throw them in a chest somewhere. It doesn't take too long to rack up several hundred, perhaps a thousand or two, just doing your first route to Silver Armor + some accessories (unless you do it in the Snow Biome...).

Once you get the Hardmode, though, you can grab a Pickaxe Axe (or a Shroomite Claw if you happen to be that far in the progression) and just mow down 200+ blocks in less than a minute if you simply turn smart cursor on, and mine straight down. Then fly up, and mine straight down another 200 blocks, etc.

Well, I'm not sure about farming, but you can use green solutions on natural crimson/corruption chasms and mine them. I filled up several chests with that method.

If you already have a lot of money for purification powder then this would be a fast way.

Another idea is to make a bomb farm from a bomb statue, then just drop your million bombs down a hole.

A Reaver Shark can be got from the ocean on day 2 if you rush.

But really, I build a lot with stone slabs and I've never had to worry about stone ever, get all I need just from mining.

Last edited:
purification powder then this would be a fast way.
No, if you're in pre-hardmode you're better off mining purity stone without 1) travelling to the crimson/corruption 2)switching to powder 3)switching back to pickaxe and occasionally to weapon since the mobs spawn more often there.

The fastest way is ammo box, ammo reservation potion, rocket IV, and rapid rocket launcher, shroomite rocket helmet.

No, if you're in pre-hardmode you're better off mining purity stone without 1) travelling to the crimson/corruption 2)switching to powder 3)switching back to pickaxe and occasionally to weapon since the mobs spawn more often there.

The fastest way is ammo box, ammo reservation potion, rocket IV, and rapid rocket launcher, shroomite rocket helmet.
Have to disagree there. If in pre-hardmode, you're in Crimson/Shadow gear+ then splashing purification powder on Corruption or Crimson and mining it with Molten or Reaver Shark pickaxes is guaranteed to give you massive amounts of stone in no time- especially if you mine straight down with magic cursor on.

But yeah, Rocket IVs solve all problems.

Last edited:
Have to disagree there. If in pre-hardmode, you're in Crimson/Shadow gear+ then splashing purification powder on Corruption or Crimson and mining it with Molten or Reaver Shark pickaxes is guaranteed to give you massive amounts of stone in no time- especially if you mine straight down with magic cursor on.
Why those 2?

They're the fastest pre-hardmode at mining stone (not dirt though). Reaver Shark is 30% faster - I highly recommend every Terrarian carry one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom