Resolved Stuck on Mech Trio (Expert Mode)

Good question. I consider it cheese but it's probably debatable if you only use her like once.
Aw, cmon! All this time I've been CHEESING the bosses...
Personally I think it takes some skill to duck into her house in the middle of a raging battle, but ok

Screw the nurse. I want a challenge.
Also, any suggestions for Plantera? I have a huge arena and Chlorophyte Shotbow with Ichor arrows. Is that a good strategy?

Last edited:
Load your dart pistol with crystal darts. Even if you miss, The darts will bounce back and hit the tentacles.

You mean the normal, non cheese way?
Wait, is ducking into her house at low health to heal considered cheese? Is using her at all cheese?
Good question. I consider it cheese but it's probably debatable if you only use her like once.
Well, every npc has a use, the use of the nurse is to heal you when you want, do you consider sheeze to always buy ammunition at the arms dealer when you want?
Beating bosses without a nurse can be considered an optional challenge, may be considered by some to be a normal way, but maybe that's because not everyone develops a strategy to heal with the nurse in the middle of a boss fight successful.

Last edited:
For expert Plantera, the second stage is way easier if you have a long tunnel in the jungle that you retreat down while firing back at them. A lot of no-hit youtubers use this technique, and I've used it too. You can even put your bed at the beginning of the tunnel (next to your arena) so you can use magic mirror to get there.

Well, every npc has a use, the use of the nurse is to heal you when you want, do you consider sheeze to always buy ammunition at the arms dealer when you want?
Beating bosses without a nurse can be considered an optional challenge, may be considered by some to be a normal way, but maybe that's because not everyone develops a strategy to heal with the nurse in the middle of a boss fight successful.
The bosses in this game are elaborate enough that I consider it the other way around. The nurse is just an instant-win button for people who don't want to bother learning how to fight and are just in the game so they can build. That's fine, but it's definitely not the intended way. The devs have constantly said they don't like it and yet have never nerfed it (because again, cheesing is fine.)

The difference between the nurse and the other NPCs is that they're the only resource that doesn't invalidate other things and usually have unique content. There isn't a renewable source of bullets that can be obtained in a world, so the Arms Dealer is the only way to get them after exploring your world to it's limit. The Nurse is useless for more skilled players and basically is a "skip" button for bosses.

Last edited:
The bosses in this game are elaborate enough that I consider it the other way around. The nurse is just an instant-win button for people who don't want to bother learning how to fight and are just in the game so they can build. That's fine, but it's definitely not the intended way. The devs have constantly said they don't like it and yet have never nerfed it (because again, cheesing is fine.)

The difference between the nurse and the other NPCs is that they're the only resource that doesn't invalidate other things and usually have unique content. There isn't a renewable source of bullets that can be obtained in a world, so the Arms Dealer is the only way to get them after exploring your world to it's limit. The Nurse is useless for more skilled players and basically is a "skip" button for bosses.
Good point.

The devs have constantly said they don't like it and yet have never nerfed it (because again, cheesing is fine.)
It is worth remembering that now the cure price can be much higher and they took the pause of the game out in the dialogue with the npc with the "auto pause" on, which can be considered a light nerf that reduces the strategy's ease, perhaps balancing more the game.

It is worth remembering that now the cure price can be much higher and they took the pause of the game out in the dialogue with the npc with the "auto pause" on, which can be considered a light nerf that reduces the strategy's ease, perhaps balancing more the game.
Autopause doesn't work with NPCs anymore? I thought the autopause nerf was just a typo Cenx made when she made autopause always active in settings even when autopause isn't turned on.

Back
Top Bottom