Member-Run Project Tamers Network Project

Good news, I have rewritten the battle script and now the animations works correctly, plus the script is more stable,
I just will have to fix an issue with the speed because the battle is going way too fast.

Edit:. What about the battle interface now?
battle_4.png

Last edited:
Just thought of an idea: What if the attacks had range? Like you had to move the monsters into position to attack?
I thought about that aswell once, but I does not think that would fit the style of gameplay of the game,
the game would end up like those games where at your turn, you need to move your character, and if possible, attack the enemy.
Plus, the screen and battle scene would not help, since would have the movement very limited, much like as playing
Super Smash Bros with all fighters attacking on their turn, and the screen be stopped at the same place.

I thought about that aswell once, but I does not think that would fit the style of gameplay of the game,
the game would end up like those games where at your turn, you need to move your character, and if possible, attack the enemy.
Plus, the screen and battle scene would not help, since would have the movement very limited, much like as playing
Super Smash Bros with all fighters attacking on their turn, and the screen be stopped at the same place.
So what is your plan for combat?

So what is your plan for combat?
I does not really have ideas for the combat system but...

Currently the combat is like this:
A kind of atb system where the faster monsters attacks first, the winner is the team that have at least one or more monsters alive when the other team runs out of monsters to battle.

It may be changed, but I does not have any interesting idea currently.

I does not really have ideas for the combat system but...

Currently the combat is like this:
A kind of atb system where the faster monsters attacks first, the winner is the team that have at least one or more monsters alive when the other team runs out of monsters to battle.

It may be changed, but I does not have any interesting idea currently.
Sounds pretty basic

I'm wondering how should the monster catching system works.
Currently is the very basic system of weaken a monster and then use the capture button to see if you have the luck
of catching the monster.
But what if there were another way of catching a monster?

Like maybe set a trap for a monster?

I don't think I posted the frog yet.
Poison_Dart_Frog.png

Been trying to get advice from the good folks (assuming they're not like I remember them) at Spriters Resource, but it's been kind of slow.

Like maybe set a trap for a monster?

I don't think I posted the frog yet.
Poison_Dart_Frog.png

Been trying to get advice from the good folks (assuming they're not like I remember them) at Spriters Resource, but it's been kind of slow.
Hum, set a trap? Sounds interesting, but how could that work?

I was thinking setting one as a monster is chasing you. The trap could significantly raise the chance of successful capture.

Back
Top Bottom