Blocks & Decoration Team Piggy Bank

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Not Yee

• Yee but change _

Results are only viewable after voting.
The team piggy bank is an item that functions like a piggy bank, but instead of tracking by player, it tracks by all people on your team. 1 piggy bank, unlimited people.

Why? My main reason was to avoid flying a mile to deliver this wiring thing, then going back for another thing, etc. Because you can just put it on the liggy, and they can take ot out a different one.
This is sold by the steampunker for 1 platinum.

Note: It only has 3 slots to avoid manipulation

211192-a249b74b4d46f004cb8dc2805947f308.jpg
Yet more sprites provided by @Terrarian_37! Under proposal of 1 for each team, multiple sprites at his post below would be used.

Last edited:
It may be good to have a separate item for each team (i.e. red team piggy bank, blue team piggy bank, etc.) rather than a single "team piggy bank" item. Otherwise, what's to stop a player from filling up the bank and then switching teams and filling it up again?

It may be good to have a separate item for each team (i.e. red team piggy bank, blue team piggy bank, etc.) rather than a single "team piggy bank" item. Otherwise, what's to stop a player from filling up the bank and then switching teams and filling it up again?
Ya, I think the storage sort of replaces its purpose. I think a cut in storage is in order. Do you?

Nice idea and suppport! I have two concerns about it though.
1. Minor, but since Piggy Bank is already in use, perhaps a different name?
2. How will the contents be saved? Piggy Banks / Safes are saved per player, so are carried between worlds. Chests are saved per world. Where would a team storage be saved? If it's saved per-player, there could be conflicts if a player disconnects and the inventory is modified. If it's saved per-world, it won't be carried between worlds. (Which may or may not be the intent in your suggestions.)

Nice idea and suppport! I have two concerns about it though.
1. Minor, but since Piggy Bank is already in use, perhaps a different name?
2. How will the contents be saved? Piggy Banks / Safes are saved per player, so are carried between worlds. Chests are saved per world. Where would a team storage be saved? If it's saved per-player, there could be conflicts if a player disconnects and the inventory is modified. If it's saved per-world, it won't be carried between worlds. (Which may or may not be the intent in your suggestions.)
Per world and per team.

Per world and per team.
I think what Sigma90 was saying was that information such as storage contents is only stored by either the world or the player, not by the team. It seems like storing it by world may be the better of the two options, and the most feasible to implement.

I think what Sigma90 was saying was that information such as storage contents is only stored by either the world or the player, not by the team. It seems like storing it by world may be the better of the two options, and the most feasible to implement.
Per world and per team.
Yes, that's what I meant. Per world would be easier to implement I'm sure. (Per team is kind of implied in this case. That would just mean an extra variable saying which team the contents belong to.)
To store per team and apply across all worlds would require an update to the server to persist team storage. It's probably feasible for the server software, but probably impossible for ad-hoc network play. Clients can disconnect and reconnect at any time, so there needs to be a persistent server for persistent team storage.

Yes, that's what I meant. Per world would be easier to implement I'm sure. (Per team is kind of implied in this case. That would just mean an extra variable saying which team the contents belong to.)
To store per team and apply across all worlds would require an update to the server to persist team storage. It's probably feasible for the server software, but probably impossible for ad-hoc network play. Clients can disconnect and reconnect at any time, so there needs to be a persistent server for persistent team storage.
That (half) makes sense. Yes, it should probably be per world.

Here's Some sprites for the piggy banks

Red Team Piggy Bank (3).png Red team piggy bank
Green Team Piggy Bank.png Green team piggy bank
Blue Team Piggy Bank.png Blue team piggy bank
Yellow Team Piggy Bank.png Yellow team piggy bank
Pink Team Piggy Bank.png Pink team piggy bank
White Team Piggy Bank.png White team piggy bank

i think it should be 1 piggy bank each team, not just 1 piggy bank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom